307 upvotes

[Google.com] Pixel slate M3 with keyboard & pen - $599

Deal Link:
Price:
$599
Savings:
$838
More offers from Google.com
The Pixel Slate M3 is back in stock with the Black Friday clearance ale of $599 with a free keyboard & pen. The i5 is also in stock for $849. Even though product is discontinued, Google will still support until 2026.
265 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1168 posts
282 upvotes
Make sure you add the keyboard and pen. Otherwise.....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5147 posts
3188 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed one of these during the last promo but the Bluetooth chip in it was a disaster. Using my Bluetooth headphones and mouse were enough to make Netflix lag, adding a Bluetooth keyboard basically made it hang entirely.
Jan 28, 2017
280 posts
169 upvotes
FYI, you could choose the Brydge G-Type instead of the Pixel slate keyboard for this deal, and the bundle would still be priced at $600.

The reviews I have seen were not happy with the "ergonomics" of the Pixel slate keyboard (supposedly you can't use it on your lap, it's too light and the Slate can tip over, etc.), and some recommended the Brydge G-Type instead (although, the G-Type is of somewhat lower quality).
Aug 8, 2009
424 posts
517 upvotes
Nam5588 wrote: FYI, you could choose the Brydge G-Type instead of the Pixel slate keyboard for this deal, and the bundle would still be priced at $600.

The reviews I have seen were not happy with the "ergonomics" of the Pixel slate keyboard (supposedly you can't use it on your lap, it's too light and the Slate can tip over, etc.), and some recommended the Brydge G-Type instead (although, the G-Type is of somewhat lower quality).
I got this deal for black friday. Insane value for the whole package. As for the keyboard. I got both keyboards and the reviewers don't own/use these devices like normal people. The pixel keyboard is light years ahead of the Brydge in build quality and usability.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8288 posts
2053 upvotes
Mississauga
zarfilg wrote: I got this deal for black friday. Insane value for the whole package. As for the keyboard. I got both keyboards and the reviewers don't own/use these devices like normal people. The pixel keyboard is light years ahead of the Brydge in build quality and usability.
I am quite happy with mine as well, Pixel Keyboard.
Aug 28, 2006
919 posts
169 upvotes
Scarborough
zarfilg wrote: I got this deal for black friday. Insane value for the whole package. As for the keyboard. I got both keyboards and the reviewers don't own/use these devices like normal people. The pixel keyboard is light years ahead of the Brydge in build quality and usability.
Is it easy to use the google keyboard + slate on a bed?
Nov 10, 2012
17 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
impruv wrote: Is it easy to use the google keyboard + slate on a bed?
Not really, you need a somewhat stable surface to put it on otherwise the screen will flop around.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2259 posts
452 upvotes
York
shamfu wrote: Not really, you need a somewhat stable surface to put it on otherwise the screen will flop around.
The Brydge keyboard is better for those situations. I still prefer the Pixel keyboard, but I have another tablet I use on the couch.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Nov 10, 2012
17 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
impruv wrote: What's the return policy like? Have people had issues with returns or is it fairly smooth.
For me the return policy was smooth, but I only returned the keyboard and pen. Asked for return, gave me prepaid labels, sent it back and got full refund.

Which brings me to the next point. If you just want the tablet, you can return the keyboard and pen for full price which brings down the cost of just the tablet.
Sep 27, 2017
178 posts
426 upvotes
shamfu wrote: For me the return policy was smooth, but I only returned the keyboard and pen. Asked for return, gave me prepaid labels, sent it back and got full refund.

Which brings me to the next point. If you just want the tablet, you can return the keyboard and pen for full price which brings down the cost of just the tablet.
Like $600 - minus the retail cost of the items you return? That seems unlikely.
Nov 10, 2012
17 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
BooYakaShaMa wrote: Like $600 - minus the retail cost of the items you return? That seems unlikely.
That's exactly what I got.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2259 posts
452 upvotes
York
BooYakaShaMa wrote: Like $600 - minus the retail cost of the items you return? That seems unlikely.
I did the same thing and got over $450 back. So essentially the tablet was only $150 + taxes. Deal of the year!
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
May 21, 2015
478 posts
532 upvotes
Saskatoon
The Destroyer wrote: I did the same thing and got over $450 back. So essentially the tablet was only $150 + taxes. Deal of the year!
They changed the terms and conditions this time. Pretty much closed the loophole
If a qualifying item in your order is returned, you’ll be reimbursed for what you return, minus the value of the special offer.
Nov 20, 2012
204 posts
69 upvotes
CALGARY
Seems like the keyboard is the best part of this deal...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1106 posts
1319 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
thehabs25 wrote: Seems like the keyboard is the best part of this deal...
All the software related issues has been fixed since the release of the slate...
However, with that being said, I would not recommend m3 and will at least start with the i5