Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Pre-order Pixel 7 Pro and get $200 in Google Store credit towards your next purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2022 1:15 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14711 posts
32377 upvotes
borisyu1992 wrote: $29 for trading in P2XL LOL
That’s generous for a 5 year old Android phone .

An iPhone 8 is worth more to Google ($76) than their own products ….. that’s the LoL part .
Aug 17, 2012
875 posts
891 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Tempted to get a Pixel 7 since my Oneplus 7T isn't receiving security updates anymore. but I've already spent a ton this month already.
Oct 19, 2003
324 posts
111 upvotes
After owning a pixel 6 for a year its fast and fluid.. great camera but I still cant get over the fingerprint sensor. Its still horrible and honestly its a constant daily irritation even with Android 13... Honestly i wont get another pixel product until something is done about it.
Aug 20, 2006
848 posts
157 upvotes
Enermac wrote: After owning a pixel 6 for a year its fast and fluid.. great camera but I still cant get over the fingerprint sensor. Its still horrible and honestly its a constant daily irritation even with Android 13... Honestly i wont get another pixel product until something is done about it.
Same situation here, I hate fringerprint sensor on pixel, sometime, I have to use partern to unlock the phone. No face unlock either.
Feb 6, 2014
105 posts
51 upvotes
JeremyESQ wrote: I did not see anything about Pixel 7 Pro that would compel me, as a 6 Pro owner, to buy it. Same battery and screen size, aluminum shell means little since I use a case, will run the same Android and have the same feature drops for the next couple years. Sure, there is the improved camera and Tensor G2 exclusive features (ie. photo sharpener), but I can live without those.

Great time to buy a 6 Pro at a steep discount
where though
Oct 19, 2003
324 posts
111 upvotes
adot111 wrote: Same situation here, I hate fringerprint sensor on pixel, sometime, I have to use partern to unlock the phone. No face unlock either.
Its like going back to 2006 with pattern unlock constantly. Works great when you use google pay and constantly unlock your device :facepalm:

"There's a new two-part biometric authentication method debuting on these Pixels that relies on both the display-based fingerprint sensor and facial recognition that we can't wait to test out. " This might be the answer for the 7.. perhaps they will bring it to the 6
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2588 posts
2402 upvotes
Markham
So, if we could go to BestBuy in US, we can trade in Canadian Pixel 6/6Pro phone and buy Pixel 7?
-------
Thank you
Oct 5, 2022
2 posts
This is definitely not a good phone. But then my wife's Pixel 4's battery really couldn't keep up anymore and she needs a new phone? Does anyone have some kinds of recommendation?
Oct 5, 2022
2 posts
This is definitely not a great deal. But my wife's Pixel 4's battery can't keep up anymore. Anyone has recommendation?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2012
3127 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Some of be mentioned the model number of the one on the us site has us in the model. Aswell someone mentioned warranty might be hard to get should something go wrong. Anyone have more details on this
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3456 posts
3029 upvotes
GVRD
samcarlycooper wrote: I was "stupid" enough to buy preorder.
Obviously not directing the comment at you, but now you learned the lesson and not do it again this year? You don't buy any pre-order unless you have an immediate need. Unlike an iPhone which the value holds too well.
Nov 19, 2017
98 posts
41 upvotes
It's 1179 for the pro when iphone 14 regular model is 1099? I guess the trade in values are bad but if you keep your phone for 3/4 years, this seems like a better value compared to the iphone, no?
Dec 13, 2020
521 posts
1017 upvotes
Markham, ON
shehlabatool wrote: It's 1179 for the pro when iphone 14 regular model is 1099? I guess the trade in values are bad but if you keep your phone for 3/4 years, this seems like a better value compared to the iphone, no?
iPhones are more known for their longevity and long-term support/updates
Apr 28, 2017
367 posts
473 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: The Pixel 6 is selling for around $350 right now on ebay. Why do you think google would pay you more than the market value for your phone? Last year was the only time google had halfway decent trade in values. Partly because there was a big marketing push for Pixel 6 and partly because phones like Pixel 5 were sold out due to chip shortages and had high demand/resell value. I guess people have poor short term memories from years past were the TIV were garbage.
So you're saying the used P6's market value is much higher, like more than 2 times higher in the US is $440 =~$604 CAD now?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6057 posts
1310 upvotes
Enermac wrote: After owning a pixel 6 for a year its fast and fluid.. great camera but I still cant get over the fingerprint sensor. Its still horrible and honestly its a constant daily irritation even with Android 13... Honestly i wont get another pixel product until something is done about it.
I've actually enjoyed my time with the regular Pixel 6 over the course of this year as well but the fingerprint reader gripes are completely legit. After nearly full-on bricking my 6 by accident earlier this week (my own fault with flashing wrong firmware/bootloader), I had to use my old Pixel 3 as a backup for a few days, which has the fingerprint reader on the back. That worked pretty much with no issue and instantly. On the other hand, the 6 with a glass screen protector (with sensitivity turned up), the fingerprint reader is a lot slower. As well, with colder weather and my hands getting ridiculously dry again already, makes it even worse.
JeremyESQ wrote: I did not see anything about Pixel 7 Pro that would compel me, as a 6 Pro owner, to buy it. Same battery and screen size, aluminum shell means little since I use a case, will run the same Android and have the same feature drops for the next couple years. Sure, there is the improved camera and Tensor G2 exclusive features (ie. photo sharpener), but I can live without those.
Basically this for me but with the regular non-pro model of the 6. I only got it though because they were offering up a decent amount for a 4a 5G, which I had also got from the carrier at a steeper discount already. Otherwise, I'd likely still be with a 4a 5G right now (which I enjoyed for the few months I had it).
Oct 1, 2019
143 posts
121 upvotes
This is the main problem with Google phones. There's always issues/bugs with their phones that Samsung and apple do not have to the same extent and yet they price their phones at around the same price. Yes Google phones might as well be the same price as Apple/Samsung, at least in the long run, as phones from the competition retain their value more and in the case of Samsung they have crazy deals that make their phones actually cheaper than google.

The saddest part about this thread is that the people with pixel 6/6 pro could've traded their phones in for a Galaxy z flip last month and probably gotten a tiv of about $800 (my pixel 3a was valued at $300), so a 256gb z flip would've been around 500~ then Samsung offered free Galaxy buds pro 2 (a $230 brand new earbud) and half price their brand new watch as well as an additional $100 off total price with the galaxy code. So probably $700 for a phone, buds and a watch...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7741 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
finnalre wrote: This is the main problem with Google phones. There's always issues/bugs with their phones that Samsung and apple do not have to the same extent and yet they price their phones at around the same price. Yes Google phones might as well be the same price as Apple/Samsung, at least in the long run, as phones from the competition retain their value more and in the case of Samsung they have crazy deals that make their phones actually cheaper than google.

The saddest part about this thread is that the people with pixel 6/6 pro could've traded their phones in for a Galaxy z flip last month and probably gotten a tiv of about $800 (my pixel 3a was valued at $300), so a 256gb z flip would've been around 500~ then Samsung offered free Galaxy buds pro 2 (a $230 brand new earbud) and half price their brand new watch as well as an additional $100 off total price with the galaxy code. So probably $700 for a phone, buds and a watch...
I wouldn't have traded my new P6 Pro for a Z Flip and have to pay more on top, forget that. No interest in the fold crap, I already know that for me would have just been a problem
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?