Moncton, NB

[Google.com] Stadia Black Friday Sale

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 3, 2020
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Now that everyone has received their free Stadia Premiere it's time to stock up on games for those who are looking to get into it.

The complete list of games is in the URL, but must be signed in. Here are some of them:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey — $19.99 (regularly $79.99) [Stadia Pro only]
Borderlands 3 — $26.39 (regularly $79.99)
The Division 2 — $11.99 (regularly $39.99)
Doom Eternal Standard Edition — $26.39 (regularly $79.99)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 — $10.55 (regularly $65.99)
Far Cry 5 — $19.99 (regularly $79.99) [Stadia Pro only]
Hitman — Game of the Year Edition Bundle — $15.99 (regularly $79.99) [Stadia Pro only]
Just Dance 2020 — $20.09 (regularly $66.09) [Stadia Pro only]
Marvel’s Avengers — $39.99 (regularly $79.99)
Metro Exodus — $21.59 (regularly $53.99) [Stadia Pro only]
Mortal Kombat 11 — $20.99 (regularly $69.99)
Red Dead Redemption 2 — $53.59 (regularly $79.99)
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — $31.99 (regularly $79.99)
Watch Dogs: Legion — $53.59 (regularly $79.99)

More than likely going to grab either RDR2 or PGA Tour 2k21, but I'll llikely buckle and end up with both...
130 replies
Aug 26, 2008
897 posts
437 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone comment on Just Dance 2020 vs 2021, and what does "Pro only" mean, does it mean the game doesn't work when I'm not paying the monthly Pro fee? In that case, it would be better to pay outright after six months.

What I want to do with JD is play household to household, for example two people in each household playing against each other. It's not clear if JD supports this at all, they say you have to track people down in the lobby, which could be impractical. Thanks.

I would probably buy the game outright, for the monthly Pro selection they promise it will get better but right now Stadia is 90% violent shooters or kids games, which don't interest me.
Last edited by davidm on Nov 25th, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2020
220 posts
401 upvotes
Should I consider google stadia If I already own a ps5 and planning to get an Xbox series X , or it is just 2 much
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Nov 29, 2006
432 posts
139 upvotes
FYI - If you are a new user to Stadia, you get a $10 credit towards any game purchase. With the credit, I was able to get Assassins Creed Odyssey for $10!
Nov 29, 2006
432 posts
139 upvotes
HotDealFreak wrote: Should I consider google stadia If I already own a ps5 and planning to get an Xbox series X , or it is just 2 much
I think Stadia complements other consoles well. Why limit yourself? Go where the best sales are. If you have a good enough internet connection, Stadia provides a great experience with minimal loading times for games, no waiting for downloads, not worrying about hard drive space, free online multiplayer, etc.

If a game is the same price on Stadia and PS5, you'll likely go the playstation route, but if it's cheaper on Stadia and your internet supports it, why not?
Dec 17, 2010
32 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Do I need to pay the monthly subscription for pro to play games or if I buy a single title then I can play that and not worry about monthly plan?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1312 upvotes
Cambridge
davidm wrote: Can anyone comment on Just Dance 2020 vs 2021, and what does "Pro only" mean, does it mean the game doesn't work when I'm not paying the monthly Pro fee? In that case, it would be better to pay outright after six months.

What I want to do with JD is play household to household, for example two people in each household playing against each other. It's not clear if JD supports this at all, they say you have to track people down in the lobby, which could be impractical. Thanks.

I would probably buy the game outright, for the monthly Pro selection they promise it will get better but right now Stadia is 90% violent shooters or kids games, which don't interest me.
All I can answer is that the "PRO" tag beside it just means the sale price that it shows is for PRO subscribers. If you buy the game and then cancel PRO, you keep any game that you bought. As a PRO (trial or not), claim all the games you can. If you cancel PRO and then later decide to subscribe again, you'll regain access to any of the games you claimed for free.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1312 upvotes
Cambridge
fuziondev wrote: Do I need to pay the monthly subscription for pro to play games or if I buy a single title then I can play that and not worry about monthly plan?
The Pro subscription only gets you some free games each month... around 6, plus 4K streams and 5.1 surround.

I saw today that some people subscribe to pro on the last day of the month, as you'll then be able to claim that month's free games, and then claim the next months free games the day after... basically 2 months of free games for 1 month of subscribing.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19498 posts
6668 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
orbitdesign wrote: The Pro subscription only gets you some free games each month... around 6, plus 4K streams and 5.1 surround.

I saw today that some people subscribe to pro on the last day of the month, as you'll then be able to claim that month's free games, and then claim the next months free games the day after... basically 2 months of free games for 1 month of subscribing.
Games you'll only be able to actually play while you have Pro active.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1312 upvotes
Cambridge
BinaryJay wrote: Games you'll only be able to actually play while you have Pro active.
Yes, as I mentioned in a post above but good to clarify.
Oct 21, 2011
43 posts
21 upvotes
Don’t forget that you may have a $10 off code if you recently signed up for Stadia Pro trial.
It’s auto applied anyways as it’s the first game purchase and no way to delay it for another game.

If you have a Google Family plan (from YouTube, Google Play) then any game you buy can be shared with other family members but only one person can play at a time.

I got Jedi Fallen order earlier and haven’t had any issues.
Last edited by dm1336 on Nov 25th, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 26, 2008
897 posts
437 upvotes
Montreal
orbitdesign wrote: All I can answer is that the "PRO" tag beside it just means the sale price that it shows is for PRO subscribers. If you buy the game and then cancel PRO, you keep any game that you bought. As a PRO (trial or not), claim all the games you can. If you cancel PRO and then later decide to subscribe again, you'll regain access to any of the games you claimed for free.
Thanks. Was just in chat with Stadia support who also confirmed this. So I guess I'll buy it for $10 after coupon, though the real value in Covid times would be household to household play, which I don't think it supports. I guess they'll roll that advanced feature out in 2025 or something.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1991 posts
702 upvotes
Montréal, QC
HotDealFreak wrote: Should I consider google stadia If I already own a ps5 and planning to get an Xbox series X , or it is just 2 much
It doesn't replace my consoles, but I buy some cheap games that I can play on my crappy work laptop when I have nothing to do at the office. You don't need to pay the subscription to play the games you bought.
Oct 10, 2011
147 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
davidm wrote: Thanks. Was just in chat with Stadia support who also confirmed this. So I guess I'll buy it for $10 after coupon, though the real value in Covid times would be household to household play, which I don't think it supports. I guess they'll roll that advanced feature out in 2025 or something.
What is household to household play?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1312 upvotes
Cambridge
Clee wrote: It doesn't replace my consoles, but I buy some cheap games that I can play on my crappy work laptop when I have nothing to do at the office. You don't need to pay the subscription to play the games you bought.
It is useful for that. We've got 1080Ti's in our work machines and a Stadia on the TV hooked direct into the fiber pipe. Glorious times.
Nov 8, 2012
721 posts
606 upvotes
London, ON
Ive been meaning to get back into games and got a free stadia bundle. Previously I’ve loved Nintendo titles, Mario Zelda etc. Not huge on shooters really. That said would anyone recommend a game or two as a must try? These prices seem great. Would love an immersive game for a bit of an escape. TIA!
Aug 26, 2008
897 posts
437 upvotes
Montreal
cb2200 wrote: What is household to household play?
If there are multiple people on a console at address A, and multiple at a console at address B, and they want to play against each other exclusively.

From what Ubisoft says, you can't do this, you have to go to the lobby, and track them down individually,. which I guess means searching thousands of people, and it's not clear you could include all the people. Or play against random people.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1312 upvotes
Cambridge
stilltippin wrote: Ive been meaning to get back into games and got a free stadia bundle. Previously I’ve loved Nintendo titles, Mario Zelda etc. Not huge on shooters really. That said would anyone recommend a game or two as a must try? These prices seem great. Would love an immersive game for a bit of an escape. TIA!
I'm just getting into this but activate your free Pro trial and claim all the games and test some of those out before buying.
Oct 10, 2011
147 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
davidm wrote: If there are multiple people on a console at address A, and multiple at a console at address B, and they want to play against each other exclusively.

From what Ubisoft says, you can't do this, you have to go to the lobby, and track them down individually,. which I guess means searching thousands of people, and it's not clear you could include all the people. Or play against random people.
So private matches/friend match making. Gotcha. Friend invites are thing. This is just dependent on the game, not the service. Just making sure you arn't referencing something that the PC or other consoles do.