Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Stadia - Free April Pro Games (with Subscription): Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2020 7:56 pm
Dec 29, 2012
63 posts
255 upvotes
London

[Google.com] Stadia - Free April Pro Games (with Subscription): Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 30, 2020
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
If you have a Pro Subscription with Google Stadia, you can claim these 3 games for free between April 1st - April 30th and play them indefinitely as long as you're still subscribed.
17 replies
Jun 8, 2016
56 posts
158 upvotes
Was really hopping for an AAA game every month, but I guess I just got spoiled
May 20, 2004
717 posts
719 upvotes
I thought all of the games on stadia pro were free to play. Did this change at some point?
Jun 8, 2016
56 posts
158 upvotes
bigdaddyyc wrote: I thought all of the games on stadia pro were free to play. Did this change at some point?
This has never been the case. You were grossly misinformed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6179 posts
4805 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
This is not a deal... Let alone hot.
It comes with your Stadia pro subscription.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Jun 8, 2016
56 posts
158 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: This is not a deal... Let alone hot.
It comes with your Stadia pro subscription.
No different from xbox gold and ps plus, maybe you ought to go complain about those as well?
Dec 29, 2012
63 posts
255 upvotes
London
bigdaddyyc wrote: I thought all of the games on stadia pro were free to play. Did this change at some point?
This was never the case. It's more like PS Plus' or Xbox Live Gold's free games each month.

Stadia Pro subscription provides the following benefits (bracketed information below is for the base version of Stadia which is not technically released to the public yet unless you buy the Premiere Package):

- Up to 4K (1080p) resolution for games
- 5.1 surround (stereo) sound
- Access to game sales (no sales for non-subscribers yet I believe)
- Access to 2-3 free games each month that must be "claimed" within the time frame of said month (non-subscribers do not get access to these free games). Once you claim the free games, they are tied to your account forever, meaning you can play them anytime as long as you are subscribed. If you ever unsubscribe, you will lose access to the free games you have accumulated, as well as the above other benefits. However, if you ever subscribe again, you will re-gain access to your accumulated free games and the above other benefits.

Any games you have outright purchased yourself with money, you will always have access to to play, even if you are unsubscribed (essentially you use the base version of Stadia if you unsubscribe).
Dec 29, 2012
63 posts
255 upvotes
London
Shallos wrote: No different from xbox gold and ps plus, maybe you ought to go complain about those as well?
You are right. However, there appears to be a benefit to some users here by being notified of free games that come with subscriptions, even if I just look at some of the positively upvoted posts on the first page here:

- Nintendo Switch Online subscription has ARMS for free for a few days
- Xbox Live Gold has April 2020 free games
- PS Plus has April 2020 free games

This is no different.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6179 posts
4805 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Shallos wrote: No different from xbox gold and ps plus, maybe you ought to go complain about those as well?
OP mentions "If you have a Pro Subscription with Google Stadia, you can claim these 3 games for free between April 1st - April 30th and play them indefinitely as long as you're still subscribed".

If you already have the pro subscription, you already paid for those game, what is the hot deal here?

Plus this should be in the gaming forum, not the Hot Deals forum.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Jan 13, 2013
978 posts
1515 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
TIL this is a newsletter forum
Aug 20, 2018
340 posts
1578 upvotes
There is no reason, at all, that this should get so many cold votes when, within the last few days, an Xbox Gold and Nintendo Switch version of the exact same thing (free games to those subscribed) got heat.

OP, thanks for posting this. Appreciated. I don’t have Stadia but can just scroll on by with your title. I only clicked to see why it was so cold...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1459 posts
1302 upvotes
Gatineau
First rule of Stadia ownership as an owner myself, do not buy any games because they will eventually be free since the library is so small
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Stadia is a product on death watch. It's not going to go anywhere, except for free one click demos. You and play Geforce now games for free right now or XBox streaming if you get into the beta for free too. Both are much better options that cost nothing.
Jun 8, 2016
56 posts
158 upvotes
flowerdealer wrote: Stadia is a product on death watch. It's not going to go anywhere, except for free one click demos. You and play Geforce now games for free right now or XBox streaming if you get into the beta for free too. Both are much better options that cost nothing.
Did you ever tried Stadia?
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Not yet. Technology looks good but business model is shit. And it seems like Google has an uphill battle with adoption and it will eventually drop the platform. Not worth it investing in overpriced games (compared to other platforms) for something that might go away. GeForce Now is just as good, but you play the games that you have already bought at much reasonable and competitive prices. If google went with an all in subscription model with no hardware requirements, that would be different.
Nov 29, 2006
481 posts
191 upvotes
I'm not a hardcore gamer, but was looking for a system to keep me busy at home with Covid. Unfortunately, all Switch's are sold out, so I subscribed to Stadia last week (I had never heard of it before). Wow, I am actually really enjoying it. I just borrowed a Dualshock 4 from a friend and use my laptop that is plugged into tv via HDMI and it works fantastic. Very low cost of entry and Destiny 2 has been consuming me haha. I hear lots of complaints about gameplay, but maybe Google has fixed it recently? I don't suffer any lag (maybe one or twice very quickly in 10+ hrs of playing) and I haven't noticed any latency with the controller. I'm sold and I'll probably keep subscribing until I got bored of their (albeit limited) games. I think I'll try Assassins Creed Odyssey after this.

I recommend it if you don't already have a gaming system and don't want to drop $500 on consoles and controllers in this bad economy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9843 posts
7780 upvotes
Toronto
Converged wrote: I'm not a hardcore gamer, but was looking for a system to keep me busy at home with Covid. Unfortunately, all Switch's are sold out, so I subscribed to Stadia last week (I had never heard of it before). Wow, I am actually really enjoying it. I just borrowed a Dualshock 4 from a friend and use my laptop that is plugged into tv via HDMI and it works fantastic. Very low cost of entry and Destiny 2 has been consuming me haha. I hear lots of complaints about gameplay, but maybe Google has fixed it recently? I don't suffer any lag (maybe one or twice very quickly in 10+ hrs of playing) and I haven't noticed any latency with the controller. I'm sold and I'll probably keep subscribing until I got bored of their (albeit limited) games. I think I'll try Assassins Creed Odyssey after this.

I recommend it if you don't already have a gaming system and don't want to drop $500 on consoles and controllers in this bad economy.
this thread doesn't seem like a "deal" at all but good to see a non biased positive review from the type of player this is intended for
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Google had a chance to knock this out if the park.

Free Selected In-Demand AAAs, eat the licensing cost, and balloon your subscriber base.

This is just pathetic and half-hearted.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)