Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] YouTube Premium free 3 months trial (Google Home Offer) (New Subscribers)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1672 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
Wrestlemania wrote: Get a Russian VPN, sign up for YouTube for 199RUB/monthly, or 299RUB for a family plan.
Stack it with the new student pricing. lol
Nov 20, 2017
817 posts
743 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote: No need for YouTube premium if you have an android device. Just install Vanced YouTube
It blocks all ads, let's you play in the background, PIP on Oreo+ and more.
I don't think there are any benefits to premium unless you get access to videos a regular account can't watch.

If you have an android tv box like Nvidia Shield install Smart YouTube TV for ad free videos.
It's 3 bucks a month ... Plus the full google music library.

Well worth it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1204 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Tha DraGun wrote: No need for YouTube premium if you have an android device. Just install Vanced YouTube
It blocks all ads, let's you play in the background, PIP on Oreo+ and more.
I don't think there are any benefits to premium unless you get access to videos a regular account can't watch.

If you have an android tv box like Nvidia Shield install Smart YouTube TV for ad free videos.
I checked out Vanced YouTube, but apparently no download for offline viewing, which is one main desirable feature of YouTube Premium (I have limited data).
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Aug 24, 2006
267 posts
71 upvotes
Vancouver
marioworkmarioworld wrote: I've purchased, works.
Have a question though which I'm not sure people here could help

It purchasing via VPN, it's created an additional payments profile under my Gmail. It lists location as Ukraine and I cannot add PayPal to pay for YouTube.

Under my main payments profile it has Google app store, books movie listed as Canada. After some research I found how to add PayPal via the app store for main account.

Not sure if anyone understanslda what I'm saying. My Google music recommends are all from Ukraine. Payment is my cc, not PayPal. And if I change location to Canada I'm wondering if it would reset price.

I might delete and try again.

Anyways thanks for listening.

I
Do you know how to pay with Paypal? I've got it added to my account, but it's still asking me for a credit card number
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1204 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
lochunwa wrote: I think youtube music premium is not youtube premium .. am i correct?
Correct. (Though YouTube Premium subscriptions include YouTube Music Premium.)

Are people upvoting OP (who is giving confusing info), or upvoting the "Russian workaround to get it cheaper"? I am looking for "3 months free trial of YouTube Premium" and this is not it. (They had it for a time when YouTube Premium first came out ... would they have it again during Christmas sales?)
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
4758 posts
3296 upvotes
Youtube Red failed, rebranded to Premium.

Premium has failed, Youtube originals is now free to watch without Premium membership and no more Youtube originals AND

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/181 ... iption-red
The future of YouTube Premium is unclear, but one thing is certain: it’s not going to rely on subscriptions. The company is instead returning to its roots and investing star power there. Advertisements will appear before videos, and everything will be free. But in order to maintain top-dollar advertisement placements from big companies, celebrities will be roped in. That’s why Victoria Beckham has a YouTube channel, alongside Will Smith and Ellen DeGeneres.

Now, YouTube Premium isn’t as worthwhile for users; other than offline music play and ad-free viewing, subscribers aren’t going to get much out of it. But to the company, that doesn’t matter. Subscriptions aren’t what YouTube is interested in — advertisements and celebrity channels are. As more celebrities are brought in, both to help boost the platform’s credibility within the industry and to secure better advertisements, YouTube’s landscape is going to change.
I will never convert my Google Play Music to Youtube Music until I absolutely have to. So far any paid offering with Youtube in title is a mess.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6078 posts
4350 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Youtube Red failed, rebranded to Premium.

Premium has failed, Youtube originals is now free to watch without Premium membership and no more Youtube originals AND

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/181 ... iption-red

I will never convert my Google Play Music to Youtube Music until I absolutely have to. So far any paid offering with Youtube in title is a mess.
It's no wonder originals have failed. Nobody wants to pay to watch scripted series starred by accidental Internet stars who became famous by screaming on camera and doing stupid stunts. It might be ok for a silly laugh for a few minutes, but other than that nobody takes them seriously or respect them.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
4758 posts
3296 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: It's no wonder originals have failed. Nobody wants to pay to watch scripted series starred by accidental Internet stars who became famous by screaming on camera and doing stupid stunts. It might be ok for a silly laugh for a few minutes, but other than that nobody takes them seriously or respect them.
I think they recruited Kevin Hart and may be the Rock to do some original series as well. End of the day, we don't binge Youtube like Netflix. And it's too late for Google(or even Apple) to join this fight as the future is between Disney/Netflix/Amazon.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1693 posts
1300 upvotes
Waterloo
Wrestlemania wrote: Get a Russian VPN, sign up for YouTube for 199RUB/monthly, or 299RUB for a family plan.
kinda risky? I know certain companies will/can ban your account for these things. I'm sure its hidden in the TOS somewhere when you sign up for a google account. I have my whole life tied to google (gmail, gdrive, android, google photos, etc) so probably not worth the risk. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1738 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sicklyslick wrote: kinda risky? I know certain companies will/can ban your account for these things. I'm sure its hidden in the TOS somewhere when you sign up for a google account. I have my whole life tied to google (gmail, gdrive, android, google photos, etc) so probably not worth the risk. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
You can always create a new account to sign up if you're paranoid about it. I'm pretty sure Google knows what's up, and they're more than happy to take as many subscriptions as they can.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6078 posts
4350 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: You can always create a new account to sign up if you're paranoid about it. I'm pretty sure Google knows what's up, and they're more than happy to take as many subscriptions as they can.
It would be more than ironic when Google uses tax dodges and outsourcing like crazy. Now it's our turn.

I had the good sense from my first smartphone to use a Google account only for my Android phone and to never tie anything important to it.
Nov 15, 2013
688 posts
373 upvotes
Ottawa
Tempted to do this for my wife and I (family plan), but the idea of my account being banned is a bit concerning as everything is tied to it.