• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 1:40 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Google Drive TSX

Starting yesterday, google drive is unable to pull in info from the TSX. It's working for other exchanges.

Is this happening to anyone else?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Looks like it's not accepting SU.TO anymore. Now has to be TSE:SU.
Dec 24, 2006
470 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Have encountered that over the past few years (can't remember exact stock/ETF though)... had a heart attack when I opened my tracking sheet and thought I had lost crapload of money only to find that it was just not able to pull the current price and thus decreasing the market value haha. Have learned since to always put TSE: in front of the Canadian-listed securities then don't have to worry about it... a bit annoying yes but understandable given Google is mainly focused on US. But interesting to note that it doesn't seem to have a pattern or reason for how all of a sudden Google Sheets won't pull that particular stock/ETF.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
Same here. But the tip about trying "TSE:ticker" helped for a few.
Aug 17, 2011
201 posts
164 upvotes
TORONTO
My TD e-series funds stopped updating on my google sheet...so friggin annoying.
Whatever genius decided to make google finance unusable has hopefully been flogged and fired...and then flogged again.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1514 posts
1401 upvotes
Digital Gulag
I feel like there are financial reasons behind crapping up Google finance on purpose. Anyways I've moved over to yahoo finance. Ain't as good but hopefully enough people follow suit to make Google open their eyes.
Mar 28, 2008
2 posts
Toronto
Adding "TSE:" as a prefix worked for my TSE stocks with google docs. Does anyone know the code for those stocks that are on the venture exchange? Those are still not resolving for me with Google Finance since their "change" this week.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
explorer416 wrote: Adding "TSE:" as a prefix worked for my TSE stocks with google docs. Does anyone know the code for those stocks that are on the venture exchange? Those are still not resolving for me with Google Finance since their "change" this week.
Try putting "CVE:" as the prefix.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1145 posts
544 upvotes
Guncho wrote: Looks like it's not accepting SU.TO anymore. Now has to be TSE:SU.
looks like TSE:SU works But i noticed it doesn't give the right price. e.g.: TSE:GIL
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I think it's just the time delay. It will eventually show the correct price.

One thing I can no longer get to work is TD ETF's like TDB903.

Used to work.