Expired Hot Deals

Google Home - $39.99 Multiple Retailers - CONTINUES

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 2:15 pm
Mar 19, 2008
494 posts
478 upvotes
rambokid wrote: Did Staples change the business ethic? I just received an open box GH! Both sealed tapes have a piece of hair underneath and both have bubbles on the vertical side. I opened it to confirm my suspicion. GH bottom is dirty, the charger cable has been rewrapped. They sold me an used GH as new, WTF!
I returned it to local store, no apology from clerk. I sent email to Staples, no apology on the reply.
I did an order for an in store pick with HH and discovered when I got home that it was a returned unit. No effort had been made to reseal it. Fortunately I was able to exchange it for an unopened one.
Jun 10, 2017
660 posts
868 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Lukcy you. I haven't received anything yet from Lowes. No shipping confirmation. No cancellation confirmation.
Give them a call
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1113 posts
386 upvotes
Markham
MoonSung wrote:
I’m actually stereo pairing a google home with a mini just fine.
McLaren wrote: I tried to do that but you can only stereo pair 2 identical devices. Perhaps you grouped them instead?
I think you are right about the grouping. Having two devices in a group playing the same thing in mono is not the same as stereo pairing them.
Aug 27, 2011
140 posts
28 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ordered from the source on May 15 and they created a shipping label on 19th. There has been no updates since that label was created on the 19th. Initially, it was suppose to be delivered by today. Anyone else experiencing something similar?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8923 posts
5335 upvotes
Toronto
bdckr wrote: I think you are right about the grouping. Having two devices in a group playing the same thing in mono is not the same as stereo pairing them.
Even if you could stereo pair OG with mini it'd be horribly unbalanced, grouping is the way to go if different speakers or multiple rooms.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1113 posts
386 upvotes
Markham
Angultra wrote: Even if you could stereo pair OG with mini it'd be horribly unbalanced, grouping is the way to go if different speakers or multiple rooms.
Well, that's a different conversation. If you could pair them (which you can't, despite a number of people in this thread claiming that you can), then you could at least test whether adjusting the balance would give you decent sound.

Based on my own limited anecdata, paired Minis (1st gen) or paired Homes gives much better sound than grouping any number of Minis.
Jul 20, 2012
674 posts
167 upvotes
Air Force One
Those of you who ordered from Costco.ca.... Did the product come in a sealed box? Mine was not sealed and the box looked a bit dirty. Contents look fine I guess.
My understanding is it should be sealed (at least the ones sold in the warehouse as per my friend)
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1113 posts
386 upvotes
Markham
SerenityNow168 wrote: Those of you who ordered from Costco.ca.... Did the product come in a sealed box? Mine was not sealed and the box looked a bit dirty. Contents look fine I guess.
My understanding is it should be sealed (at least the ones sold in the warehouse as per my friend)
Ordered 2 from Costco.ca, both arrived sealed.
Jul 20, 2012
674 posts
167 upvotes
Air Force One
Damn it looks like mine was a returned item then. I can ask for an exchange but I don't even think they have stock anymore.
Jun 10, 2017
660 posts
868 upvotes
SerenityNow168 wrote: Damn it looks like mine was a returned item then. I can ask for an exchange but I don't even think they have stock anymore.
Is it sealed with the oem tape? You'll know as the tape is branded.
If you don't mind the box, just roll with it.. You'll end up tossing the box anyway, so long as the speaker works.
PSA: my speakers took a bloody long time to download the updates despite being 10ft from the router. My minis that I setup on the 2nd floor didn't have that issue. After some googling and reading others with the same problem, I just let it ride and it finally finished an hour later.
Seems like this is a common problem with these.. So if it happens to you, just walk away and come back later.
Mar 14, 2018
291 posts
320 upvotes
SerenityNow168 wrote: Those of you who ordered from Costco.ca.... Did the product come in a sealed box? Mine was not sealed and the box looked a bit dirty. Contents look fine I guess.
Mine came sealed
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14792 posts
4260 upvotes
f3riedrice wrote: Ordered from the source on May 15 and they created a shipping label on 19th. There has been no updates since that label was created on the 19th. Initially, it was suppose to be delivered by today. Anyone else experiencing something similar?
Yes everything is backed up so items are going from label created to your doorstep a couple weeks later.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Aug 18, 2013
691 posts
581 upvotes
AB
The sound was so much worse than the Alexa I returned it
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14884 posts
2860 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
nuclearhot wrote: The sound was so much worse than the Alexa I returned it
Really eh. I also have two Alexa Echo devices and they sound fantastic in stereo mode.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2004
1145 posts
56 upvotes
Bought 2 from Google Store. These will make nice Christmas gifts. Assuming we can even see anyone.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13282 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
not sure if cPOST or theSource is slowAF but i keep seeing the same tracking:

Delivery progress

Information updated: May 28

Date Time Progress
May 20
Electronic information submitted by shipper
Additional information
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13282 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
MoonSung wrote: I’m actually stereo pairing a google home with a mini just fine.
can anyone else confirm this...is this true stereo L and R sound or its the mono sound...i cannot stereo pair TWO minis..only MONO grouping them...confirmation please
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 10, 2017
660 posts
868 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: can anyone else confirm this...is this true stereo L and R sound or its the mono sound...i cannot stereo pair TWO minis..only MONO grouping them...confirmation please
Confirmed