Expired Hot Deals

Google Home - $39.99 Multiple Retailers - CONTINUES

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 1:44 pm
Aug 31, 2012
366 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Maplesugar25 wrote: I ordered from Costco online on May 15th, shipped notice sent on May 16th, arriving via UPS on May 21st. Glad it shipped quickly! Still waiting on past Costco orders. Estimated delivery was June 2nd.
Received the GH today and set it up. The sound is quite good and though the bass default was 50% I did turn it down for speaking. It was quite heavy but would be perfect for music.
Last edited by Maplesugar25 on May 23rd, 2020 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2016
187 posts
60 upvotes
I called Lowes today after ordering 2 devices and not hearing anything from them. They said my orders were out into separate stores (Ancaster and vaughn mills) neither of which have stock. So it is likely my order will be cancelled.

Does any other store currently have any in stock? I'd like to buy one from somewhere else.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7857 posts
4088 upvotes
Toronto
Stereo paired mine with my old Home, never could justify another OG until now. Sounds good with treble boosted.

Mini is perfect as a bathroom speaker with an outlet mount. Can ask it shower thoughts or play music keeping your phone dry lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Mini is perfect as a bathroom speaker with an outlet mount. Can ask it shower thoughts or play music keeping your phone dry lol.
The fact that with mounts (buy, or 3D print your own) a mini just 'plugs into' the wall make them perfect for that sort of thing.

Have one in my bathroom as well. If anyone at google is ever listening in, their ears will probably melt at my attempts to sing along with the music. :)
Last edited by repatch on May 21st, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1599 posts
1015 upvotes
GVRD
Angultra wrote: Mini is perfect as a bathroom speaker with an outlet mount. Can ask it shower thoughts or play music keeping your phone dry lol.
Mini V2 has a hole in the bottom for free wall mounting.
Sep 10, 2019
31 posts
10 upvotes
Ordered from Lowes on May 15th morning and until now I have no shipping email. The order has been charged to my credit card for over 5 days already.
Dec 30, 2017
162 posts
110 upvotes
tesla216 wrote: Ordered from Lowes on May 15th morning and until now I have no shipping email. The order has been charged to my credit card for over 5 days already.
In the same boat.
Nov 5, 2006
771 posts
3405 upvotes
My Lowes order shipped and is set for delivery today! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes

I wonder if there's any stock anywhere? I'd love to pick up one more, just because!
May 13, 2018
117 posts
21 upvotes
Does Google home start becoming very slow after awhile? Had an old one for about 2 years and it's getting very slow...not sure if its cuz I need a new one?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
JoJoC93704 wrote: Does Google home start becoming very slow after awhile? Had an old one for about 2 years and it's getting very slow...not sure if its cuz I need a new one?
No. I haven't noticed any difference the past few years.

What do you mean by 'slow'?
Dec 5, 2005
279 posts
25 upvotes
Saskatoon
Got mine yesterday. The EQ is definitely different than both generation minis. Very bassy. Unsure how I feel about it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1599 posts
1015 upvotes
GVRD
rbanow wrote: Got mine yesterday. The EQ is definitely different than both generation minis. Very bassy. Unsure how I feel about it.
Have you played with the Google Home App settings and put the bass on min and the treble on max?
Dec 5, 2005
279 posts
25 upvotes
Saskatoon
RxMills wrote: Have you played with the Google Home App settings and put the bass on min and the treble on max?
Yes. I think it sounds pretty good now. But I'll need a few days to decide if I will keep it.

Not a big fan of the touch volume controls on this one. But that'll just take some getting used to too.
Sep 2, 2010
3 posts
Tdot
In typically RFD fashion, I bought it first then thought about it later.

It is later now, and I did not realize these are not wireless. Does anybody know where I can purchase a portable base for this? I've only seen it online for $40+.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

PEDRAM13