Expired Hot Deals

Google Home - $39.99 Multiple Retailers - CONTINUES

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 1:44 pm
Sep 18, 2004
683 posts
163 upvotes
I got no pick-up notification or cancellation e-mail from Lowes.
May 10, 2007
46 posts
13 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I've tried ordering from a million different places, but all the orders have been cancelled. I put in one last order with both Home Depot and The Source.

I'm just trying to ditch my Amazon Alexa devices, as those things are more useless than a box of hair.
Jul 13, 2013
771 posts
504 upvotes
Have a feeling my Best Buy order will be cancelled shortly. Been about four day now and it hasn’t moved but the item still shows available for back order.
Mar 19, 2008
445 posts
311 upvotes
Ordered my first GH. For those who are still on the fence and wondering whether to get one, this is my experience:

It's sort of like having a woman in the house that, generally, does what you ask. Although you may have to repeat yourself or clarify what you mean. She will also almost always want to get the last word in. Occasionally you may get that "How did you get that from what I asked?!?" moment, particularly if you're using two different languages (but in the same sentence). There's also a teenager side to GH (or some women will say it's like a guy in that aspect) and if you string too many instructions together it may get confused and some or all of them will not be done.

If you happen to wear a grind guard to bed you may have to convince GH that you do not have a lisp, you really do want to hear The Schwings Band.
Last edited by laprade_a on May 22nd, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 10, 2018
45 posts
20 upvotes
Just got mine from Home Depot earlier today, no issues so far.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1461 posts
102 upvotes
ronathon wrote: Just got mine from Home Depot earlier today, no issues so far.
How long did it take for yours to arrive? It said it was shipped yesterday for me. But can't track it still.
Apr 10, 2018
45 posts
20 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: How long did it take for yours to arrive? It said it was shipped yesterday for me. But can't track it still.
Home Depot said shipped on the 16th, but UPS didn’t actually pick it up till last night, and it got here this morning. I’m in the GTA btw.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Perhaps do some researching online for that. Check your home wifi router settings too. If you have split 5GHz channels, one for narrow band another for wider band, or whatever, one GH device might be connecting on a different band which could give the "appearance" of a worse connection. For me, I had some on the 20MHz band and another on a 80 MHz hand. It makes a difference when it comes to distance and interference.
My 5GHz AP is broadcasting an 80 MHz channel, that's all, no splitting.

The home has a staggeringly poorer connection to both my many v1 minis, and the v2 mini, and my chromecasts, it's night and day.

Checking online I'm seeing similar issues with no resolution, seems like Google just farted on the the design for WIFI on this thing (among other things), which considering how huge it is, makes no sense, it's not like they were having trouble fitting an antenna.

I was hoping it was a dud unit, looks like it's a design defect. Tempted to put it in the box and send it back, not sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1470 posts
560 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: Have a feeling my Best Buy order will be cancelled shortly. Been about four day now and it hasn’t moved but the item still shows available for back order.
Same here, although the fact that BB is still taking orders is a good thing. It'd be a bit nutty to keep selling the things if there isn't a plan to get the product. Whether it's a good plan or not I guess we'll see.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2410 posts
131 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: Have a feeling my Best Buy order will be cancelled shortly. Been about four day now and it hasn’t moved but the item still shows available for back order.
I ordered on the 20th, site showed backorder, got it today.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4056 posts
3255 upvotes
Toronto
dnfm wrote: I've tried ordering from a million different places, but all the orders have been cancelled. I put in one last order with both Home Depot and The Source.

I'm just trying to ditch my Amazon Alexa devices, as those things are more useless than a box of hair.
Looks like there's stock at Staples in the Cambridge/Kitchener/Guelph area if you can do instore/curb pickup:

LINK
Jan 28, 2006
434 posts
228 upvotes
Brampton
Did a instore pickup at Homedepot but they had 0 stock. I was offered google nest hub 7inch for the same price.
Dec 17, 2010
10 posts
10 upvotes
Brampton
Was able to pick one up from Staples today. Seamless process as I ordered at midnight and was ready for pickup early this morning. Curb side pickup was also a breeze.

Thanks OP for posting this deal!
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1349 posts
302 upvotes
Ottawa, On
Mastaice wrote: Lowes cancelled my two orders.
I think this was bad timing with curbside pickup and stores reopening. People did in-store pickup then the stores re-opened and people went in and bought them before they could fulfill the pickup orders.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1343 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered mine from Costco on May 15th. Arrived today. Put in the garage to replace the Home Mini I had in there for better sound.