Expired Hot Deals

Google Home - $39.99 Multiple Retailers - CONTINUES

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 1:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4292 posts
1699 upvotes
what's the difference with this and the Nest devices?

Google Nest and the mini version is the newer ones right?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7857 posts
4088 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: what's the difference with this and the Nest devices?

Google Nest and the mini version is the newer ones right?
For smart speakers, it went Google Home --> Home Mini --> Home Max --> Nest Mini, pretty simple compared to the yearly Echo lineup. Here's the chart from wiki:

Google started naming their smart products "Nest" after they bought Nest, who used to make thermostats and smoke detectors.
Images
  • Screenshot (47).png
Last edited by Angultra on May 23rd, 2020 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jul 13, 2013
988 posts
375 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fck Lowes, they cancelled my order after a week!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1283 posts
600 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: fck Lowes, they cancelled my order after a week!
How did they notify you of cancellation? an hour back they charged my credit card, not sure if that is a charge or refund - but no email yet from them
May 10, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
LawrenceY445978 wrote: Staples got it delivered within 3 days!
Same. Ordered on the 18th at like 9:30pm and got it on May 20 at like 12pm!
May 10, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
astigdealz wrote: Did a instore pickup at Homedepot but they had 0 stock. I was offered google nest hub 7inch for the same price.
That’s some great customer service! All I got was a cancellation email from them...
Jul 29, 2016
106 posts
25 upvotes
Anyone from indigo get their order shipped yet?
Aug 14, 2015
610 posts
413 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
KushKing wrote: In typically RFD fashion, I bought it first then thought about it later.

It is later now, and I did not realize these are not wireless. Does anybody know where I can purchase a portable base for this? I've only seen it online for $40+.
They are wireless - it's just not battery powered.
laprade_a wrote:
It's sort of like having a woman in the house that, generally, does what you ask. Although you may have to repeat yourself or clarify what you mean. She will also almost always want to get the last word in.
Makes sense. She will ignore you if you push her button.
Nov 5, 2006
771 posts
3405 upvotes
I found a few at my local Walmart today! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes Picked up another one. Smiling Face With Sunglasses There was stock even though the stock check site said 0.

If you're out and about at Walmart today, have a gander and maybe you'll get lucky too. 👍🏼Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jun 24, 2013
134 posts
170 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: fck Lowes, they cancelled my order after a week!
I guess I might not get the ones I threw on to my $1700 Lowes order on Victoria Day.

I haven't heard anything from Lowes at all - I even emailed customer service to follow up on my orders, but the 48 hours they promise a response in have come and gone and I haven't heard anything. I placed an order on May 9th I haven't heard about either. This is a gong show right now with these online orders at Lowes.
Sep 2, 2010
271 posts
75 upvotes
imawnms wrote: Anyone from indigo get their order shipped yet?
Ordered on the 15th and it arrived on the 22nd for me.
Aug 22, 2019
8 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know a good place to get a portable case and some of the companies that have it?
May 21, 2019
58 posts
27 upvotes
repatch wrote: You can check the home app, but if you're holding the mini it's simple:

The v1 has a micro USB port for power
The v2 has a tiny DC barrel jack
I found a simpler way, I just asked the speaker what version are you and it said 2.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1599 posts
1015 upvotes
GVRD
nl1000 wrote: I found a simpler way, I just asked the speaker what version are you and it said 2.
Or flip it over and look for the hole in the bottom for wall mounting (V2 Mini indicator).

There are a lot of minor improvements that they could make to the regular Home product to bring it from 2016 to 2020+.
But, once again, it won't be $39.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

PEDRAM13