Expired Hot Deals

Google Home - $39.99 Multiple Retailers - CONTINUES

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 2:15 pm
Jul 13, 2013
869 posts
612 upvotes
My backordered one came today via Purolator, happy to have gotten it for this price. Have had the Bluetooth disconnect issue others reported but it seems to work better if you say “Google connect to Bluetooth” instead of selecting the device yourself in your phone.
Sep 5, 2014
82 posts
150 upvotes
calgary
tesla216 wrote: I ordered on May 15 too and still hasn't gotten shipping email. Were you able to contact them via email or phone to check on your order?
I did live chat a few days ago. They just told me to wait. I waited for 3 hours for the live chat
Nov 15, 2018
23 posts
16 upvotes
tesla216 wrote: I ordered on May 15 too and still hasn't gotten shipping email. Were you able to contact them via email or phone to check on your order?
Also ordered on May 15 from Lowes and just got a cancellation email... pretty upset because they're out of stock at most places
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2014 posts
1615 upvotes
GVRD
jacky190424 wrote: The sound isn't obviously better than Google mini, somehow I prefer Google mini more than Google Home.
Even after adjusting the bass way down and the treble way up to the max on the google home device in the home app?
Wasp14 wrote: Have had the Bluetooth disconnect issue others reported but it seems to work better if you say “Google connect to Bluetooth” instead of selecting the device yourself in your phone.
I actually didn't think it had bluetooth. What you suggested made it so simple to connect to bluetooth.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32931 posts
6533 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
dillonco wrote: Also ordered on May 15 from Lowes and just got a cancellation email... pretty upset because they're out of stock at most places
I purchased 5 units. I only needed three, I bought the other two for my brother, but he managed to get his own

I have two extra units available if anyone wants them. Selling at cost, 90.38$ (39.99$ x 2 + HST) or 45.19$ each
Jan 8, 2007
548 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton
I ordered 4 from Rona and they came today. Only took 6 days from order to delivery.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Nov 27, 2015
108 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton
jacky190424 wrote: I just received mine today, the set up has a lot of problem. Finally it works.
The sound isn't obviously better than Google mini, somehow I prefer Google mini more than Google Home.
I agree, was a bit of a let down. Out of the box it is heavy on the bass and not in a good way. Even after equalizing, the sound isn't that great in my opinion, not sure if I could tell the difference in a blind test between the Home and the Home Mini.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8759 posts
5134 upvotes
Toronto
inputchip wrote: I agree, was a bit of a let down. Out of the box it is heavy on the bass and not in a good way. Even after equalizing, the sound isn't that great in my opinion, not sure if I could tell the difference in a blind test between the Home and the Home Mini.
Are you serious you can't tell a difference, home mini has practically no bass lol. A good way to really hear the difference is put both into a group, then stream a song to the group. While the song is playing you can turn off and on the volume to each speaker.

Interestingly although each are lacking in their own respects, when played together sound is improved significantly.
Last edited by Angultra on May 27th, 2020 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 8, 2019
59 posts
197 upvotes
I ordered one from Lowe's alongside an item to reach $50 for the discount like 2 weeks ago, but just received the add-on and not the home itself. Both were on the same tracking number so I'm unsure what happened there. Lowe's phone line was busy all day today too.
Dec 13, 2016
91 posts
110 upvotes
I ordered 1 from Best Buy Sunday night, and is scheduled for delivery today, even though it showed as back order on Sunday.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5806 posts
5407 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Are you serious you can't tell a difference, home mini has practically no bass lol. A good way to really hear the difference is put both into a group, then stream a song to the group. While the song is playing you can turn off and on the volume to each speaker.

Interestingly although each are lacking in their own respects, when played together sound is improved significantly.
If the music you listen to has alot of bass the difference is there.

If the music you listen to doesn't have alot of bass then the difference is far less obvious. Sure there's a difference, but which one is 'better' is VERY debatable.

The minis, given their size, produce 'enough' bass for my listening habits. I don't need or want house shaking bass.
Oct 9, 2005
516 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Home Depot has a terrible online order system..

I ordered May 19, and no pickup notices yet..
They charged my CC on May 24..
I called the store today... they say the stuff is still not picked, online orders are 2 weeks backlogged, and the system says none in stock.
The order will eventually be cancelled...
Basically wasted my time and now lost the chance to buy the items I wanted.

I will never use their online system again...

AseemS12143 wrote: Ordered on May 17 from home Depot. No email every since
Jan 19, 2017
457 posts
744 upvotes
Gee wrote: I purchased 5 units. I only needed three, I bought the other two for my brother, but he managed to get his own

I have two extra units available if anyone wants them. Selling at cost, 90.38$ (39.99$ x 2 + HST) or 45.19$ each
So your the reason this thread is 47 pages lol
May 9, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
Gee wrote: I purchased 5 units. I only needed three, I bought the other two for my brother, but he managed to get his own

Hi Gee, can I buy one of your Google Homes? I can come and pick it up. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2014 posts
1615 upvotes
GVRD
jtkv wrote: Home Depot has a terrible online order system..
I will never use their online system again...
Lowes, etc., all have the same problem. It's crazy that online order systems still can't manage a real-time inventory. There are so many companies that still insist on taking the order first, then dealing with their real inventory later.