None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2487 posts
1486 upvotes
GVRD
michiebaby wrote: So are you guys believers in the OP now? Lol
Not sure what you mean by saying that, especially a few posts before you had already confirmed my pricing with BestBuy's flyer.

I've also posted the "unreleased" pricing on the Sony TV http://forums.redflagdeals.com/various- ... g-2133728/ and it is also confirmed a few days ago.

The fact is, I cannot post any proof because all evidences will eventually lead to me (I also know many of my company is looking at RFD) and I am not planning to lose my job over RFD just to satisfy the skeptics here.

Whoever downvoted this really hurts my feeling because it is not justified (not that I care about 1 downvote, just disappointed those who don't understand how RFD works).

Anyways, if you have access to US mailbox/forwarding, getting the Home Mini in the US could be better because Walmart US is handing out $25 GC, BB and Target is handing out $10 GC with the purchase of the Home Mini for $29.99. If you work out the math, it could be less than $39.99 and possibly tax free when you import it back. I know I will be getting one from Target or BB US.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2487 posts
1486 upvotes
GVRD
Chingyul wrote: Off to return my pre-ordered mini. Shipped on the 19th, but not delivered until the 25th!
You accept it and then return it or refuse the delivery, result is the same, but could save you a trip to the store.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1169 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote: Not sure what you mean by saying that, especially a few posts before you had already confirmed my pricing with BestBuy's flyer.
Relax OP. I was laughing at the few who were questioning you and had doubts. I don't understand how some people can get so worked up about pricing. If it drops, great. If it doesn't, so be it. Life goes on.... Anyways, thanks for sharing the deal in advance.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1956 posts
1004 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Staples and Walmart too! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1526 posts
950 upvotes
Vancouver
pkphilip wrote:
Anyways, if you have access to US mailbox/forwarding, getting the Home Mini in the US could be better because Walmart US is handing out $25 GC, BB and Target is handing out $10 GC with the purchase of the Home Mini for $29.99. If you work out the math, it could be less than $39.99 and possibly tax free when you import it back. I know I will be getting one from Target or BB US.
Aren't those instore Walmart US and Target purchases (to get the gift cards) rather than online purchases? I'm sure there will be thousands of Canadians in those boarding stores.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3088 posts
1309 upvotes
Canada
Seems like an interesting gadget, but not sure why I'd need one of these. If I have question or need to know something, I just check my iPhone. I think this voice thing would just get annoying.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1410 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
gbill2004 wrote: Seems like an interesting gadget, but not sure why I'd need one of these. If I have question or need to know something, I just check my iPhone. I think this voice thing would just get annoying.
It's a common misconception that a GH is only useful for answering questions or getting info. In fact, that's one of the LAST things I use it for.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-buy ... #p28507047

List from Google: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7130274
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14789 posts
1122 upvotes
Markham
Since all places have it at the same price, it will depend on extras (gift cards? Air miles? Etc)
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1014 posts
420 upvotes
Ottawa
Best Buy will have this deal tomorrow during their VIP sale.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3088 posts
1309 upvotes
Canada
VertigoM wrote: It's a common misconception that a GH is only useful for answering questions or getting info. In fact, that's one of the LAST things I use it for.

best-buy-black-friday-deal-google-home- ... #p28507047

List from Google: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7130274
Thanks. I read this and still don't really see a need. If I want to change the channel or volume, I have a remote. Seems like marketing is trying to tell us all that we need this, when most of us really don't.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1410 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
gbill2004 wrote: Thanks. I read this and still don't really see a need. If I want to change the channel or volume, I have a remote. Seems like marketing is trying to tell us all that we need this, when most of us really don't.
Is it a "need"? No, most electronic gadgets are not.

But volume and channel changing isn't my main use case.

Anyway, to each their own :)
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3088 posts
1309 upvotes
Canada
I saw a demo of this on the Tim and Sid show and the Google Home gadget kept screwing up and misunderstanding what they said. Seems like it would just become an annoyance.
Aug 17, 2012
158 posts
7 upvotes
North York
Just a heads up, the home mini is quite the amazing little gadget. Early on the home had its issues but I picked it up yesterday and have been enjoying controlling my tv with it.

I bought it from bestbuy yesterday knowing i will just price adjust on friday.

A day after owning one I have decided I will be getting a second one. Worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1642 posts
1021 upvotes
Calgary
Super strokey wrote: That's what I want know as well. I want a mesh network
In the Best Buy BF flyer for $100 off on the 3 pack. Can’t remember if the individual units were also going to be on sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)