Expired Hot Deals

Google Nexus 5 16gb/$349 - 32gb/$399 - Black/White

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2014 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2006
2800 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: It's weird that our packages haven't moved since Friday night.. They work weekends, no?
Google might but UPS doesn't
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2011
702 posts
555 upvotes
LAVAL
it's funny how people are so impatient (including me lol). Here's a fact for everyone here:

Every single one of us will get the Nexus 5, sooner or later. And there's nothing much we can do to accelerate the shipping process.

Have a good night everyone!
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
47379 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
Hello- wrote: Google might but UPS doesn't
I'm pretty sure all couriers work on weekends, just not delivery.
Lemig0s wrote: it's funny how people are so impatient (including me lol). Here's a fact for everyone here:

Every single one of us will get the Nexus 5, sooner or later. And there's nothing much we can do to accelerate the shipping process.

Have a good night everyone!
I'm not trying to accelerate it, i'm just wondering!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 26, 2009
5723 posts
1435 upvotes
clamchowder wrote: Check your Google Wallet -- there will be a tracking number there for you to reference.

Nov 3 » Transaction posted for CA$435.94. GOOGLE *Google Play will appear on your billing statement.
Nov 3 » Your purchase was shipped. Track UPS package XXXXXXXX
Wonderful, thanks! I have the exact same thing as you, except $467 :(

I would thank you but mobile won't let me. I'll do so in the morning. Thanks!
[shortened links removed]
Jr. Member
May 9, 2012
147 posts
34 upvotes
My tracking number seems to only have been created. Nothing in it about it being shipped yet, even though the Google website says it has.
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
iMPLiCiiT wrote: My tracking number seems to only have been created. Nothing in it about it being shipped yet, even though the Google website says it has.
In my experience,

Tracking numbers usually take about 24 hours for you to see anything. Usually companies 'order' tracking numbers before shipping out, which looks like what we got. hence usually this initial tracking would either be not their system, empty, or say 'shipping information received'. As soon as package is picked up and starts to get processed by the shipping company, that's when you'll start to get tracking updates.
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
sidshock wrote: As a pending transaction, it does take away from your available credit.
But then, in approx 4-5 days, if the transaction is not confirmed/finalized by google, it will fall off, and the credit will become available to you once more.
However, since you mention it is a visa "debit" card, it might be a different case, hence, money gone already.
I see. Thanks!
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
allanlaw wrote: Visa debit is not a real "Visa" card though... that's a debit card that can utilize the Visa network. Side note: don't use a Visa debit when checking in a hotel, or you could have the security pre-auth and inaccessible funds for a long while after your stay ends...
Ooh. Good to know. Almost booked last month's Montreal trip this way but decided against and wentt the regular cc route. Looks like dodged a good one. thanks!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
6279 posts
956 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got a shipped notification for my 32GB black even though I ordered at 4pm on launch day. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jr. Member
May 9, 2012
147 posts
34 upvotes
raniosman wrote: In my experience,

Tracking numbers usually take about 24 hours for you to see anything. Usually companies 'order' tracking numbers before shipping out, which looks like what we got. hence usually this initial tracking would either be not their system, empty, or say 'shipping information received'. As soon as package is picked up and starts to get processed by the shipping company, that's when you'll start to get tracking updates.
It has been like that since friday however since I received the email.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11021 posts
1110 upvotes
iMPLiCiiT wrote: My tracking number seems to only have been created. Nothing in it about it being shipped yet, even though the Google website says it has.
Its sunday night, of course it hasn't been shipped! Anything you buy online anywhere always has the same process. You get the notification and tracking number, but it just means a label has been created or something like that. Nothing new here. We should all just relax a bit..like another poster said...you can't do anything about how fast you get it. We are all here (myself admittendly included) stressing out and wasting time on this stuff! Lets live our lives until we get our N5's and play with it for hours.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
I don't think battery life will be as good as the nex4… would have been nice to have 3000mah battery… 1080p streaming on lte= killer drainage
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Member
Mar 27, 2011
239 posts
42 upvotes
Well see if optimization of kit-kat and snapdragon 800 is > 2300 mah battery with 1080p.

Top