• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2014 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5242 posts
2103 upvotes
sungfra wrote: Ordered 2X 32 White on 10/31 around 2:24. Still have not received shipping notice. O well ... more time to shop for accessories.
Same here, and ordered 2:10
Mar 27, 2006
974 posts
205 upvotes
Seems like there are two dispatches of phones so far. Group one received tracking on Friday and that bundle of phones is enroute. Group two received tracking over the weekend and that bundle will leave today.

I think there is a chance that even if you haven't received an email, your phone may be in one of those bundles.
Apr 20, 2011
108 posts
16 upvotes
Newmarket
First reviews Google Nexus 5 review
Pros
Excellent value
Great performance
Decent low-light camera performance
Excellent screen
Cons
Non-expandable memory
Camera tends to overexpose
Mediocre battery life
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8337 posts
1446 upvotes
papito wrote: First reviews Google Nexus 5 review
Pros
Excellent value
Great performance
Excellent screen
Cons
Non-expandable memory
Mediocre battery life
The cons are pretty much as expected, the camera overexposing can be compensated for with HDR mode according to the review and I'm sure this will be improved on in future firmware or software updates.

I think the battery life is as expected as well, would have been nice for them to have thrown a bigger battery in, although they went with what they have likely to due to a combination of space and money. Overall I'm sure this phone will be a great upgrade from my aging iPhone 4.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3157 posts
1208 upvotes
Ottawa
sungfra wrote: Ordered 2X 32 White on 10/31 around 2:24. Still have not received shipping notice. O well ... more time to shop for accessories.
I ordered two 32's in two orders at approx same time. Both in white, they've shipped. Yours should too! Wonder if you ordered both in a single order?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
Winkle wrote: The cons are pretty much as expected, the camera overexposing can be compensated for with HDR mode according to the review and I'm sure this will be improved on in future firmware or software updates.

I think the battery life is as expected as well, would have been nice for them to have thrown a bigger battery in, although they went with what they have likely to due to a combination of space and money. Overall I'm sure this phone will be a great upgrade from my aging iPhone 4.
3.5'' to a 4.95'' Would definitely be an upgrade for you lol
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2729 posts
1010 upvotes
Markham
Pros
Excellent value
Great performance
Excellent screen
Cons
Non-expandable memory
Mediocre battery life
Why in most of the first reviews the phone looks so dirty...full of fingerprints and stains...wonder if it's attractive to these things or it's just because the review guy forgot to wash his turkey grease hands
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10780 posts
3325 upvotes
Winkle wrote: I think the battery life is as expected as well, would have been nice for them to have thrown a bigger battery in, although they went with what they have likely to due to a combination of space and money. Overall I'm sure this phone will be a great upgrade from my aging iPhone 4.
The battery does not surprise me - at $350 you are going to cut a couple of corners. Moto X is the way to go if you want battery life and prices are coming down on that handset if wait.

No phone is perfect but bang for buck and no contract you will not go wrong here.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8337 posts
1446 upvotes
AlexJosh wrote: Why in most of the first reviews the phone looks so dirty...full of fingerprints and stains...wonder if it's attractive to these things or it's just because the review guy forgot to wash his turkey grease hands
The unit in the review looks like it's a "finalized" prototype which has been handled by numerous people and not a fresh production unit out of the box.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4235 posts
1026 upvotes
Hamilton
sidshock wrote: a little off topic...
My note 2 screen is cracked, and the digitizer/lcd is broke too.
Any good shops in Ontario for a decent price to replace this?
I ordered a N5. But if I can fix the note 2 at a reasonable price, I'd like to keep it as a backup...
raniosman wrote: Legit case or fake?
jarko wrote: The only thing i care is about the battery life, hope some reviews come out soon with info on how it holds up with heavy use.
IF that is your concern, this is probably the wrong phone for you.
Fixed battery, and not big enough.

Consider LG G2, which has amazing battery life.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2443 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
I have a Galaxy s2 and I'm used to Swappable batteries but also have wires everywhere (work, home, car, bag)

Are we saying fixed battery phones are designed for none heavy users or we just get used to it. (I never liked the idea of fixed battery for iPhones, then again they probably last longer)
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Dec 18, 2006
724 posts
133 upvotes
Halifax
Pros
Excellent value
Great performance
Excellent screen
Cons
Non-expandable memory
Mediocre battery life
"What we're most glad about, though, is how much better colour reproduction is in the Nexus 5, compared to the Nexus 4."
Glad there's no color calibration issue as with the N4. Hopefully won't need franco's and others fix just to get the screen up to par.
Oct 18, 2009
408 posts
88 upvotes
Tracking still not updated. Still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." Got shipping notice yesterday afternoon, being shipped to Windsor. Will I get mine before the Toronto people?
Mar 6, 2008
453 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
aZian_ wrote: Are we saying fixed battery phones are designed for none heavy users or we just get used to it.
Not necessarily. There are tons of heavy users using a unibody designed phone, such as the HTC One. Certain manufactures have their preferences—Samsung likes non-unibody, HTC likes unibody, Apple is unibody, etc.
Feb 6, 2008
739 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
sidshock wrote: IF that is your concern, this is probably the wrong phone for you.
Fixed battery, and not big enough.

Consider LG G2, which has amazing battery life.
From the reviews, it sounds like the battery will last a full day with typical usage. With my 4S, I'm used to plugging it in once per day, so the N5 sounds pretty good to me.

Edit: my shipment was scanned in Minneapolis at 12:04 a.m.!