• Apr 16th, 2014 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
vermit25 wrote: Has anyone got a micro sim from rogers in anticipation for their N5?
If so how much did they charge?

Thanks
Try this before you go to any Telecom Store and waste money.

Link
Feb 6, 2008
730 posts
138 upvotes
Winnipeg
BenK wrote: I wouldn't really trust Verge reviews of any android device. It's been very well documented that they prefer iOS devices.
Really? I had no idea about that -- was under the impression they were a respected site. Good counterpoint, thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
bwr827 wrote: Really? I had no idea about that -- was under the impression they were a respected site. Good counterpoint, thanks.
All review sites have their biases though, so it's just another one to check out before your phone arrives.

All that matters is how much you like/dislike it. Don't let reviews from any website sway your opinion even before getting your hands on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2226 posts
695 upvotes
risktaker84 wrote: Try this before you go to any Telecom Store and waste money.

Link
Is there a catch to this? Can anyone vouch for this company?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
1867 posts
882 upvotes
mb
SkimGuy wrote: Dang, my nexus order shipped after I canceled it! I have to refuse delivery now... What a terrible experience.
Maybe you shouldnt have order one if you didnt want it? What do you expect, they probably have 100,000 orders to fulfill, and they are most likely doing it very strictly procedural. If you cancel this will interrupt the flow of their process. Maybe next time this will be a lesson and you wont order something you dont want.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10995 posts
1086 upvotes
nadrojcote wrote: Maybe you shouldnt have order one if you didnt want it? What do you expect, they probably have 100,000 orders to fulfill, and they are most likely doing it very strictly procedural. If you cancel this will interrupt the flow of their process. Maybe next time this will be a lesson and you wont order something you dont want.
Plus google is footing the cost for shipping 2 ways. And they are seemingly shipping these items very fast for a massive product launch. Pleasing people who ordered the phone and want to get it fast, or pleasing people who want to order the phone and then cancel? I think they made a good choice! Calling that a terrible experience? come on.
Dec 12, 2010
87 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
SkimGuy wrote: Dang, my nexus order shipped after I canceled it! I have to refuse delivery now... What a terrible experience.
A terrible experience is for those of us who now have to wait 2-3 weeks to get our phone because of all the people who ordered one and are now cancelling.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
989 upvotes
Vaughan
risktaker84 wrote: Try this before you go to any Telecom Store and waste money.

Link
Rogers isn't on there.

Need a micro sim LTE as well from Rogers, any way to get it for free?
May 11, 2012
199 posts
83 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Plus google is footing the cost for shipping 2 ways. And they are seemingly shipping these items very fast for a massive product launch. Pleasing people who ordered the phone and want to get it fast, or pleasing people who want to order the phone and then cancel? I think they made a good choice! Calling that a terrible experience? come on.
How can you guys argue with the guy. HE GOT AN EMAIL THAT CONFIRMED CANCELLATION and then is charged anyway?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39905 posts
5968 upvotes
King City
Seems like contract pricing from Robbers is $100 on a 2 year contract. LOL. Or $500 outright. Thanks but no thanks Robbers! You can keep your service to yourself lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
199 posts
83 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Seems like contract pricing from Robbers is $100 on a 2 year contract. LOL. Or $500 outright. Thanks but no thanks Robbers! You can keep your service to yourself lol.
$500 outright isn't THAT bad.

edit: However, with tax its pretty bad.
Dec 12, 2010
87 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone had experience in bringing an unlocked phone to Rogers and negotiating a discount based on the fact that you are not being subsidized for a device?