Jan 26, 2010
454 posts
68 upvotes
My Black Nexus 5 16GB shipped out today at 1PM, I ordered on the 31st at 2:05PM
Sep 14, 2008
512 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Tjalfe wrote: My wifes Nexus S is still getting updates pushed out and she has had it for almost 2.5 years.
The nexus S has not gotten Jelly Bean (4.1 - 4.3), which is almost a year old now, so that is not correct. You can side load it with a custom ROM, as I have done, but it is not official. They also just said the Galaxy Nexus (after nexus S, before Nexus 4) will not get Kit Kat (4.4).
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2800 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
If I wanted a good camera I would buy one...
Sep 14, 2008
512 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
When I bought my 32GB Black it said 3-4 weeks (31st @ 6PM), and now it says 2-3, so the time is dropping at least :)
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1427 posts
473 upvotes
I ordered on the 1st and it seems like people who ordered the same device (32G white) on the 2nd and 3rd have had theirs shipped, while mine still says "3-4 weeks". This is driving me crazy!
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3224 posts
852 upvotes
GTA
I just noticed that after including case and screen protectors, I spent $440 on my N5. haha, that 4.4 coincidence.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4062 posts
1375 upvotes
Zyphur wrote: I just noticed that after including case and screen protectors, I spent $440 on my N5. haha
I bought 60$+ worth of cases and screen protectors with that spigen glas.tr :/
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
989 upvotes
Vaughan
It's amazing what people will complain about, even with a phone half the price of others.

The camera is fine, it takes pictures. Need something better? Buy a camera. It's a god damn phone.

The battery life will be fine. Need longer? Install Franco's kernel, like we did for the Nexus 4. Boom, 50% more battery. It's a Nexus, not an iPhone, you're not limited in customizing. Still not enough? Buy a wireless charger.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
Xeerochild wrote: They also said the battery is decent, whereas other people said it was poor.
I don't know what to believe any more.
There will be plenty of people here judging it when they get theirs. ;-)

"Decent" and "poor" are relative terms.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
Hello- wrote: If I wanted a good camera I would buy one...
True but the best camera is the one you have with you.
Not many go around DTD with a point and shoot or digital SLR. I have a Canon 60D and I would hate to lug that around daily. For spontaneous events, the cell phone camera is always the go-to for 99.9% of people.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2003
1436 posts
190 upvotes
Zyphur wrote: I just noticed that after including case and screen protectors, I spent $440 on my N5. haha
Time for some bitcoin mining during idles times on the phone :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1427 posts
473 upvotes
squadz wrote: It's amazing what people will complain about, even with a phone half the price of others.

The camera is fine, it takes pictures. Need something better? Buy a camera. It's a god damn phone.

The battery life will be fine. Need longer? Install Franco's kernel, like we did for the Nexus 4. Boom, 50% more battery. It's a Nexus, not an iPhone, you're not limited in customizing. Still not enough? Buy a wireless charger.
a) What is Franco's kernel?
b) RE: price.... I've been debating the N5 or a BB Q10. I was floored today when I visited the Virgin Mobile kiosk to inquire about a sim card for the N5, because I saw the Q10 and it is $449 on a 2-yr contract with a GOLD plan!!! I paid $50 LESS to Google for the N5 with NO contract and I can pick any plan I want. Absolutely shocking... no wonder BB is going down the drain, I love the physical keyboard but those things should be a lot cheaper than that to entice people to stay with BB!
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
putty wrote: Time for some bitcoin mining during idles times on the phone :lol:
cellphone or basically anything that is ARM is probably the device where you actually lose real money for bitcoin mining when you count in the battery life you burn :-)