• Apr 16th, 2014 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2887 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
mcg wrote: My video, I was recording inside a car, dead silent. Filming some wildlife through the window
When did you buy your phone?
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
I just check and I seem to have the same problem. Recorded in a silent room but I hear a lot of interference/white noise in the recording.. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9325 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
Weird how this recording issue pops up now, but I never use my phone for video anyway lol.

Got it Dec 26 '13... hardware revision is 11 in bootloader
Jun 23, 2008
424 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
I am thinking of buying the Nexus 5 for wind.
Its price at play store is $350, but at wind website is $500 outright.
how come this big difference?
I assure the one from play store is unlocked and good for wind.
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
Yep, it's unlocked if you purchase from the Google Store.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1014 posts
50 upvotes
Google subsidizes the phone when you buy directly. Carriers often add a profit margin to their phone for few reasons including profit (obviously) and encourages consumers to join their tab

Both google and the carriers' Nexus phones are unlocked
Jun 23, 2008
424 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
johnwayne wrote: Google subsidizes the phone when you buy directly. Carriers often add a profit margin to their phone for few reasons including profit (obviously) and encourages consumers to join their tab

Both google and the carriers' Nexus phones are unlocked
Tks for prompt reply!

I saw someone asking $430 for this Nexus 5 on Kijiji.

are they crazy ?
Banned
Feb 22, 2014
294 posts
9 upvotes
CALGARY
Jimboski wrote: For a 32GB that's reasonable assuming it's brand new since a 32GB off Google is like $460 after taxes.
That's if you live in Ontario with your outrageous provincial taxes. :razz:
Jun 23, 2008
424 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: For a 32GB that's reasonable assuming it's brand new since a 32GB off Google is like $460 after taxes.
I see. I rather pay extra $30 for warranty.
this nexus 5 spec. looks great, just a little lower than galaxy S5, but half price of $700 S5. and unlocked.
Great value for me.
Only one thing I hesitate on is lack of hard home button, have to press the right-side power button to wake the screen when it is in sleep.
the power button is small, and I used to hard home button, which is a little easier for my small hand.
Mar 23, 2004
39347 posts
5362 upvotes
Markham
annexguy wrote: I see. I rather pay extra $30 for warranty.
this nexus 5 spec. looks great, just a little lower than galaxy S5, but half price of $700 S5. and unlocked.
Great value for me.
Only one thing I hesitate on is lack of hard home button, have to press the right-side power button to wake the screen when it is in sleep.
the power button is small, and I used to hard home button, which is a little easier for my small hand.
Everyone has different preferences, i actually like there is no hard button on the front of the phone :D
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19126 posts
6000 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Great value for me.
Life is pretty hard these days. :|
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3298 posts
3109 upvotes
Toronto
Great value for me.
You should def pay $350 more for that home button, get the s5. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9325 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of good customization these days, you can do double tap to wake (dt2w or knock knock) in custom kernels to wake the phone. It does consume a tad more battery but I think they allow to only have part of the screen available for this feature, to save on battery. Nifty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBGKSMpjgxo
Jun 23, 2008
424 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
mcg wrote: Lots of good customization these days, you can do double tap to wake (dt2w or knock knock) in custom kernels to wake the phone. It does consume a tad more battery but I think they allow to only have part of the screen available for this feature, to save on battery. Nifty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBGKSMpjgxo
tks, I also found some useful apps at play store.
They can turn on/off screen w/o button. Many people need this kind of solution more than A*sh**e.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... esomeonoff
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eenofffree