• Jan 2nd, 2014 1:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
2805 posts
362 upvotes
vinyan331 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 11:01 pm
Damn...Spigen already has the tempered glass protector. Guess it is a flat screen then.
tempered glass on gorilla glass
the fuc is the point of that lol
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4680 posts
256 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 3:45 pm
OK I'm a little afraid due to it probably being crappy UPS dealing with shipping as well as it being Google. Ordered my 16GB Black at 2:10pm. In my shipping address, I accidentally typed in the wrong postal code. At the same time, Google had this other thing where it kind of autocorrected the address. In short, I now have 2 postal codes on my shipping address (one in the middle of the address, one at the bottom [which is the one that appeared through the sort of "autocorrect" option). The wrong postal code is off by one letter but still in at least the same city...

Tried calling Google but the wait is way too long...will call in a bit because I'm getting no reception here.
So a little update on my situation...after being on hold for over half an hour, I finally got a hold of a rep. I told them my situation, they said they couldn't change it at the moment and the easiest solution was to reorder it, cancel my current order. I told him that wouldn't work because at the time my model was out of stock. He did suggest to deal with UPS, and to tell them to hold it at their depot and I could pick it up from them. They said basically hope that UPS is smart enough and ships to the right place. If UPS screws up, they said I can call to report a lost order and I can get refunded.

Every part of the address is correct MINUS there being 2 postal codes on the shipping address (and one of them is correct, the other one has one letter incorrect, causing it to be in another area that's west (I live in the south part of my city).

So at the moment, all I can hope for is that UPS won't just ignore my order and refund it back to Google, and also hope that they're smart enough to see where they're actually suppose to deliver (despite my screw up). Basically a wait and see game now...

Anyways, about the phone itself...if I do end up receiving it, I'm not sure if I wanna keep it still as my Nexus 4 is still awesome. Either to resell it or just refund it, unsure.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39865 posts
5956 upvotes
King City
Hyphy wrote:
Oct 31st, 2013 11:30 pm
throwup between RINGKE SLIM vs SGP ULTRA FIT
what do you guys reckon

and why the fucc are screen protectors so expensive mind=blown
I'd go with the Ringke Slim.
Proud to be an Indian.
Sep 10, 2005
3954 posts
1115 upvotes
GTA
The Spigen Glas.TR does look pretty tempting but it's expensive for something I'll probably mess up the application of :lol:
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39865 posts
5956 upvotes
King City
Fantaz wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 12:21 am
the Nexus 5 has been benchmarked as having the highest gaming performance of any Android device so far

http://hothardware.com/News/Google-Nexu ... artphones/

graphics capable beyond PS3 visual levels at native 1080p, makes PS Vita look like a childs toy
Mmm
Proud to be an Indian.
10983 posts
1084 upvotes
Anyone know how to cancel an order? I got 3-4 weeks ship date, but it won't let me use the cancel button.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10983 posts
1084 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 2:32 am
I would assume you have to call in which sucks lol.
Yeah, I hate talking to humans.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10983 posts
1084 upvotes
When the N4 came out, how long did it take until they came back in stock and were easily available?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10983 posts
1084 upvotes
I"m too lazy to leave downtown now haha. But it should be easy for you to sell if you get it early, I assume. I got one coming in 3/4 weeks, but I may cancel and buy it a month later since I'm going out of town 4 weeks later.
May 20, 2004
93 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered two phones (16gb white, 32gb white) at the same time (about 7 minutes after they went on sale). When I did, the website was showing that they were both available on Nov 5th. However when I go and look at my google play order one of the phones is showing as "ship by nov 5th" and the other simply says "pre-order". Is this just how they display multi-phone orders? Or is there potentially some problem here?