Cell Phones

Google Nexus 5 | Thread | W/ Android 4.4 "Kit-Kat" ×× Oct 31

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2014 1:32 pm
Tags:
Mar 8, 2008
745 posts
36 upvotes
Just pulled the trigger on a black 16GB less than five minutes ago. Only took a minute to complete Google's stupidly simple order process, perhaps the fastest $400 I've ever spent. All four versions are available right now. My order says shipment is Nov 26 though. :(
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I ordered a 16GB Black one, got the e-mail instantly, but when I checked my order page on the website it shows up like I have two separate orders of the same thing.
Wonder if they are shipping me two.
May 20, 2007
58 posts
don't order if you won't cancel within 1hr window..

i wanted to cancel my order because i forgot to leave my apt # and all they could do is tell me to refuse the package.. they cant update my address or anything..
Oct 19, 2012
925 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
Bisons wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 4:11 pm
I ordered a 16GB Black one, got the e-mail instantly, but when I checked my order page on the website it shows up like I have two separate orders of the same thing.
Wonder if they are shipping me two.
They would charge you twice too :P
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Bazinga11 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 4:29 pm
They would charge you twice too :P
Yeah, no big deal. Shouldn't have a problem unloading it, my order was from the first batch.
Jul 9, 2006
97 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
All 4 still in stock. They must have a lot more for sale today.
Aug 22, 2007
205 posts
I appreciate Rover and NubNub bringing to stock to attention - this allowed me to purchase.

FYI: Full stock avail > 4:37 pm EST
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Bought xtremeguard screen protector and spigen SGP neo hybrid case too.

Looking at the kenu airframe for my car.

[size=0]I'm spending too much $[/size]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4658 posts
247 upvotes
slayerx01 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 4:29 pm
don't order if you won't cancel within 1hr window..

i wanted to cancel my order because i forgot to leave my apt # and all they could do is tell me to refuse the package.. they cant update my address or anything..
Had the same issue. Ordered black 16gb at 2:10pm yesterday...after a lot of thought tried to cancel my order late last night, couldn't work. Had to call Google customer support, they said they escalated my issue and will try to sort things out in the next 2 business days since they're extremely busy right now (for good reason). We'll see what happens.

After thinking about things nor I don't be this new phone. I still love using my Nexus 4 and still feels very smooth. No point for be to buy a new phone for the sake of getting a newer phone.
Oct 19, 2012
925 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
What screen protector is everyone ordering? The Spigen ones look to expensive and the shipping on the xtreme guard ones is pretty high.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
2790 posts
324 upvotes
Bazinga11 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 6:07 pm
What screen protector is everyone ordering? The Spigen ones look to expensive and the shipping on the xtreme guard ones is pretty high.
theyre all too expensive. waiting for a matte one from dealextreme or some crap.
Jan 22, 2010
703 posts
71 upvotes
NARNIA!, jk Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 1st, 2013 6:17 pm
You gotta take advantage of that gorilla glass man!
I'm thinking of just getting a slim armor case and that's it, no screen protector.