Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1682 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Magoomba wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 7:26 pm
I don't know about that. The hardware in recent Android devices are close enough to Apple devices in terms of processing power.
There has to be something else like Apple devices perhaps having a dedicated sub-processor to handle just the touchscreen etc.
You would think with quad core processors, Android devices should be able to have a dedicated thread/process so there's no lag.

Iphones do not do true multi tasking

if you switch apps, they only focus on that one current app and closes the app you've just switched from.

with the exception of music i think. I havent used my iphone 4 in a long time. io7 is too laggy with it so i gave up lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Missing my flashlight toggle and lock screen control. Any alternative running stock to accessing a flashlight quickly?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2778 posts
507 upvotes
n3o321 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 7:40 pm
Iphones do not do true multi tasking

if you switch apps, they only focus on that one current app and closes the app you've just switched from.

with the exception of music i think. I havent used my iphone 4 in a long time. io7 is too laggy with it so i gave up lol.
I don't know what it is then... maybe the programming is at a more native level.
Just compare Chrome browser on any Android device (even the latest and greatest) vs Safari on an iPad/iPhone.
You'll see what I mean.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5334 posts
1134 upvotes
GTA
There's certain urgency to the tasks users perform and these tasks pretty much is defined by the apps and the OS UI.....

I clearly remembered some of the high end Android phones had dedicated chip for the touch screen...it's a shame if Android is still behind. I cannot comment on the N5 as it is still on the way and my current Android is SGS2...SGS2 sucked pretty bad but it did save me money for my next square footage or an iPhone..
Jul 21, 2013
856 posts
66 upvotes
I can hear something slightly moving inside mine when I shake it ...and its not the sim/tray.

Anyone else?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5711 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
Canuckavelli wrote:
Nov 6th, 2013 11:37 pm
I can hear something slightly moving inside mine when I shake it ...and its not the sim/tray.

Anyone else?
read this is the OIS on the camera and it's normal...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7671 posts
2875 upvotes
So how is the battery? I've read a lot of reviews panning the battery life. That's disappointing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9078 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
Nexus 5 in hand, screen is amazing.

No need for gamma / colour calibration - this thing is near perfect - colours are much warmer relative to the Nexus 4.
Jun 20, 2004
174 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Still no audio through USB. :( The rumors got me excited about this.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2709 posts
329 upvotes
Newmarket
the camera picture quality is better but the shutter lag is ridiculous. i hope it's something that can be addressed through software.. otherwise it's shaping up to be another crappy nexus camera

side note: why the heck are there so many nexus 5 threads?!? development - defects - shipping - ordering - kitkat - buy one here. is it really necessary?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15802 posts
8092 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jimmy-j wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 8:41 am
is it really necessary?
IMO yes. Do you really want to wade through pages (and pages...) of people sharing the current locations of their shipments in order to find a nugget of technical information? I don't.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2709 posts
329 upvotes
Newmarket
bylo wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 8:51 am
IMO yes. Do you really want to wade through pages (and pages...) of people sharing the current locations of their shipments in order to find a nugget of technical information? I don't.
you don't need that many though. it should get broken down into two.

development & tech
everything else
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7920 posts
954 upvotes
tb06mar wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 9:12 am
I do not know if it is posted or nor. Here is the article "Camera shootout - Google Nexus 5 vs Nokia Lumia 1020". But I do not like when it said. Hehe.
Verge's review already noted that photos taken with the Nexus 5 on auto-default settings are nothing to write home about, but use the HDR+ mode and the photos are much much better. Check out their reviews for comparisons between regular pics and HDR+ pics taken with the Nexus 5, literally like day and night.

And remember, the Lumia 1020 costs $200 more :)
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)