Hot Deals

[Google Pay] Free 6 months of the Financial Times (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2019 1:04 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
162 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto

Free 6 months of the Financial Times (YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Expiry:
April 30, 2019
Retailer:
Google Pay
Google Pay is offering free 6 months subscription of the Financial Times. After 6 months it’s $44.50 every month. You can cancel right away and still enjoy the free subscription for 6 months. For cancellation, go to google play page (https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions). From there you can cancel the FT trial. You'll get an email confirmation of the cancellation from Google and it will show up on the Google Pay subscriptions page under "Cancelled" (thanks to @candiantired). Check the updates at the bottom of this post.

I don't know how much it helps everyone, but a free is FREE.
This could be YMMV.

*With this promotional offer, you will receive a 6-month promotional trial, then be automatically enrolled onto a rolling monthly contract unless you cancel during your trial period. This promotion is limited to Google Pay users in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are not existing subscribers to the Financial Times. This promotion is non-transferable. You can cancel at any time at no cost during your 6-month trial through your Google Account page. Once your paid subscription begins, any cancellation notice will take effect at the end of the same month and previously paid amounts are not refundable. Offer valid through April 30, 2019. Financial Times Terms & Conditions apply.

Update 1: Few RFDers residing Quebec were able to avail this. So, it’s worth a shot!
Update 2: Some RFDers are having problem to access the premium articles from March 26th morning, will update more on this.
Update 3: Please check your gmail, there should be 6 emails with the subject 'Your Financial Times subscription is ready to use'
Update 4: Seems like you can only access the premium contents through the FT app
Update 5: The problem with desktop access has been fixed now. Enjoy!
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 12.33.05 PM.png
Last edited by shatilas on Mar 27th, 2019 10:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
69 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2306 posts
1546 upvotes
Toronto
i got this offer as well, not sure how good it is. but free is free
Jan 23, 2009
173 posts
67 upvotes
free is free until it isnt and then boy howdy it isnt. $45 a month for an online magazine? It better have some insider trading tips in there...
Aug 15, 2009
201 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
Weird I'm in Québec and got this email but we are excluded...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1017 posts
589 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
elpaso wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 2:26 pm
Weird I'm in Québec and got this email but we are excluded...
Is the email titled "You could enjoy 6 month of the FInancial times on us if you were living outside of Quebec"?
Jul 8, 2009
43 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
digidon wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 1:31 pm
free is free until it isnt and then boy howdy it isnt. $45 a month for an online magazine? It better have some insider trading tips in there...
agree. and got this offer as well.
Aug 15, 2009
201 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
JFRACINE wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 2:57 pm
Is the email titled "You could enjoy 6 month of the FInancial times on us if you were living outside of Quebec"?
No but Google knows where I live...

Anyways, will try it later tonight.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1017 posts
589 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
elpaso wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 3:05 pm
No but Google knows where I live...

Anyways, will try it later tonight.
Google knows anything for sure...
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3056 posts
2224 upvotes
The NORTH
Don't forget to cancel or its $45 a month.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15300 posts
7615 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
digidon wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 1:31 pm
free is free until it isnt and then boy howdy it isnt.
Use Google to your advantage, not only for a free subscription but also a free reminder (using Google Calendar) set a day or two before the trial ends so you can cancel before the auto-renew kicks in.

Simple. Easy. Free. All Google.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
162 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
JFRACINE wrote: Is the email titled "You could enjoy 6 month of the FInancial times on us if you were living outside of Quebec"?
The email titled “Google Pay perk: read the Financial Times for 6 months, on us”

Yeah, seems like QC is excluded.