Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Google Play] [Android] Alarm Clock & Timer & Stopwatch & Tasks & Contacts - FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 4:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9369 posts
12856 upvotes
GT-EH

[Android] Alarm Clock & Timer & Stopwatch & Tasks & Contacts - FREE

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100% Off
Retailer:
Google Play
Free for a limited time (48 hours) --
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... malarmplus

Alarm Plus Millenium is more than an alarm clock. it includes more than five wonderful apps in a one:
★ Alarm Clock that is so powerful yet easy to use.
★ Timers.
★ Stopwatch.
★ Tasks & To-do list & notes.
★ Contacts manager.
★ Relaxing Media Player of nature sounds for smooth sleep with the decreasing volume.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Share:
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1075 posts
378 upvotes
Thanks OP - went ahead with the purchase cuz... FREE!

But.... it always surprises how much money is made off of apps that duplicate functionality that for the most part is already built in to Android :P.

Got my upvote!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2499 posts
1649 upvotes
Montreal
I would never trust an app with that name.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1075 posts
378 upvotes
xblackdemonx wrote: I would never trust an app with that name.
Lol - well the name certainly describes everything that the app does :P
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Jun 12, 2013
450 posts
310 upvotes
Seems silly to clog up a device with an additional app that has functionality built in to any version of Android since Cupcake.

I'm not bashing the OP, just find it preposterous that anyone would ever pay for this - so it being free doesn't come across as a "deal", just logic.
Dec 23, 2016
243 posts
239 upvotes
Ottawa
NO THANKS
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
People actually think this is a deal when really their phones probably already have everything the app does and is probably better. Just because it's FREE rather than paying for it doesn't mean it's a deal lol. They probably set a price so that when they make it FREE people will think it's a great deal and start downloading it so that they can get more downloads even though people probably won't even use it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
I get that it needs permissions to 12 different things because it does 12 different things, but I'm suspicious.
May 27, 2007
163 posts
108 upvotes
British Columbia
death_hawk wrote: I get that it needs permissions to 12 different things because it does 12 different things, but I'm suspicious.
Just curious, doesn't seem to show that it has any permissions enabled on my android phone?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
davvos wrote: Just curious, doesn't seem to show that it has any permissions enabled on my android phone?
It should be listed on the Play Store.
But modern versions of Android don't ask for permissions until they need them, at least for some of them.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1083 posts
2665 upvotes
Imagine paying for these functionalities lol
I have spoken
May 27, 2007
163 posts
108 upvotes
British Columbia
death_hawk wrote: It should be listed on the Play Store.
But modern versions of Android don't ask for permissions until they need them, at least for some of them.
Thanks, found a note in the app describing the permissions it needs if you use some specific functions. App works well, but didn't think it was dramatically better than standard android. Questions about permissions was enough for me to uninstall.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20022 posts
7385 upvotes
Socially Distanced
death_hawk wrote: I get that it needs permissions to 12 different things because it does 12 different things, but I'm suspicious.
Indeed, some of them make sense, others just don't
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Oct 9, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
Hi I'm the developer of the app.

Where did you get this? The app requires 3 optional permissions that are all justified and we'll explained:

1- Storage: to read music in alarms and use "Backup & Restore" feature. If you don't give it you will only be able to use ringtones that don't require it.

1- Phone State: to check phone state during alarms and silence them if you're in a call. If you don't activate this permission you will get alarm sound over a call.

3- Contacts: used in the feature that allows to import your contacts to the app. If you don't activate it you'll have to create them manually.

This was explained well so I don't say why you didn't get it.

Greetings,
Dev
Oct 9, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
325i wrote: Thanks OP - went ahead with the purchase cuz... FREE!

But.... it always surprises how much money is made off of apps that duplicate functionality that for the most part is already built in to Android :P.

Got my upvote!
Hi,

They don't make that much money. This app for example is fully financed by the ads present on the Free version and they are barely enough to continue development.

You should try to make apps to see that you're totally wrong. This app required 6 years of hard work with plenty of sleepless nights to make it. It has an equivalent of 20 books (or even more) written word by word by myself. Android doesn't offer features like a fruit to use in one sentence, no. You need to write hundreds or even thousands of lines of code just for one simple feature without counting the endless hours of mathematical thinking. At the end, you also need hours just to translate one sentence to the supported languages as well.

So please, try to search and learn before making such a gross statement.

Greetings,
Dev
Millenium Apps
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1783 posts
553 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Hi milleniumapps,

Could you please add an option for the repeating alarms - set an alarm for every other day? Currently no alarm app can do this and I'm working around this with Google Calendar but it is not a good solution.

Thank you.

milleniumapps wrote: Hi,

They don't make that much money. This app for example is fully financed by the ads present on the Free version and they are barely enough to continue development.

You should try to make apps to see that you're totally wrong. This app required 6 years of hard work with plenty of sleepless nights to make it. It has an equivalent of 20 books (or even more) written word by word by myself. Android doesn't offer features like a fruit to use in one sentence, no. You need to write hundreds or even thousands of lines of code just for one simple feature without counting the endless hours of mathematical thinking. At the end, you also need hours just to translate one sentence to the supported languages as well.

So please, try to search and learn before making such a gross statement.

Greetings,
Dev
Millenium Apps
Oct 9, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
rubikas001 wrote: People actually think this is a deal when really their phones probably already have everything the app does and is probably better. Just because it's FREE rather than paying for it doesn't mean it's a deal lol. They probably set a price so that when they make it FREE people will think it's a great deal and start downloading it so that they can get more downloads even though people probably won't even use it.
This is more than a deal. You will not know the value of the app unless you use it. This app required 6 years of hard work and your phone has nothing on what it does. Your stuck Alarm clock has 1% of what it does so how can it be better?

Does your stuck Alarm offer the ability to play a random playlist on alarms? Does it allow regressive snooze time or progressive alarm volume with selected time? Does it allow you to start ten timers simultaneously? Does it allow to start an app with alarms (ex: radio app or flashlight as app). Does it offer puzzle or memory challenges to dismiss alarms? Does it allow you to dismiss alarms with a Bluetooth button called Flic that was made by a company that succeeded to fund it after collecting 1M$ on crowdfunding? Does it allow you to skip the coming alarm? Does it allow you to set a task that will repeat Evey X hours or X days? Does it allow to start a list of timers sequencially? I can spend days citing all the stuff that your Android app can't do but this can.

Please show some respect for Developers who dedicate their life to simplify yours with pennies (or nothing in my case) in return.

Greetings,
Dev
Millenium Apps
Oct 9, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: Hi milleniumapps,

Could you please add an option for the repeating alarms - set an alarm for every other day? Currently no alarm app can do this and I'm working around this with Google Calendar but it is not a good solution.

Thank you.
Hi,

Do you mean alarms repeating every X days? That is possible with tasks part.

If you mean something else please clarify more to understand it better and see if it can be added.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings,
Dev
Millenium Apps
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1042 posts
760 upvotes
milleniumapps wrote: You should try to make apps to see that you're totally wrong. This app required 6 years of hard work with plenty of sleepless nights to make it. It has an equivalent of 20 books (or even more) written word by word by myself. Android doesn't offer features like a fruit to use in one sentence, no. You need to write hundreds or even thousands of lines of code just for one simple feature without counting the endless hours of mathematical thinking. At the end, you also need hours just to translate one sentence to the supported languages as well.
You might want to invest your time in an app with more novel functionality, users generally aren't that interested in paying for things that the built-in apps already do to an acceptable level.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3639 posts
846 upvotes
+1 OP. Free is nice, but I am so used to the built in app.