[**EXPIRED**] Learn Spanish with MosaLingua

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
$6.99
Retailer:
Google Play
@shpinktaar and @nacho113: As per your wishes ( and also for all other collectors and potentially students as well) Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Learn Spanish with MosaLingua is free right now [usually until the end of the week!!] so do not wait!
Last edited by max011 on Jul 20th, 2020 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
9 replies
Dec 30, 2013
233 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
Another one for my Almighty MosaLingua Collection that I will download, but will never open (Insert Evil Laugh)
Haha - Thanks OP
Dec 20, 2010
117 posts
102 upvotes
toronto
How does this differ from Duolingo?
Sep 6, 2018
63 posts
92 upvotes
StefanYFC wrote: How does this differ from Duolingo?
It's flash card based. As a beginner, it's harder than duolingo but it's also better in the long run or for advanced learners because it's someone actually speaking instead of a synthesized computer voice. You're given much more complex sentences and sayings right away so it is better for someone who needs to learn fast vs how I want to learn for fun.
The learning steps are harder imo because you're trying to memorize 5 or more different flash cards at once vs duolingo at least somewhat easing you into each word.
UI/UX is much better on duolingo, mosalinga seems dated.

Duolingo has a huge negative unless you're going to pay for premium which is expensive. At some point they'll switch your account from being able to make unlimited mistakes and have it actually tell you that mistakes help you learn, to some stupid life system where you get penalized for mistakes and can only make 5 without having to either wait hours for a recharge or go back and practice a lesson for 1 heart back.
I was almost 30 days into it and learning quickly and then my account switched to the heart system and pissed me off so much that I switched to mosalinga. I'm going to look around for something else because I'm not good with this flash card system.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Nice

Wonder if this is continental Spanish or Latin American Spanish
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1639 posts
1874 upvotes
Airdrie
Thanks! I decided to learn Spanish about 3 weeks ago. I'm working through duolingo and rosetta stone, but I feel the more approaches and styles the better.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2104 posts
1896 upvotes
Ontario
Andar1911 wrote: It's flash card based. As a beginner, it's harder than duolingo but it's also better in the long run or for advanced learners because it's someone actually speaking instead of a synthesized computer voice. You're given much more complex sentences and sayings right away so it is better for someone who needs to learn fast vs how I want to learn for fun.
The learning steps are harder imo because you're trying to memorize 5 or more different flash cards at once vs duolingo at least somewhat easing you into each word.
UI/UX is much better on duolingo, mosalinga seems dated.

Duolingo has a huge negative unless you're going to pay for premium which is expensive. At some point they'll switch your account from being able to make unlimited mistakes and have it actually tell you that mistakes help you learn, to some stupid life system where you get penalized for mistakes and can only make 5 without having to either wait hours for a recharge or go back and practice a lesson for 1 heart back.
I was almost 30 days into it and learning quickly and then my account switched to the heart system and pissed me off so much that I switched to mosalinga. I'm going to look around for something else because I'm not good with this flash card system.
I have't used Duolingo, but I started off with MosaLingua for French before abandoning that and moving to Memrise. It's a similar flash card system (which I know you're not into), but I found it easier than MosaLingua and some of the words/phrases were more relevant at least early on. I haven't added any myself, but you're able to add "memes" to help you remember each item as well as view what other people submitted which I've found useful sometimes. You're also not restricted to the courses provided by Memrise and can view custom decks created by other users meaning that you don't ever need to pay for premium unless you want to use all the extra features with the Memrise decks. If you're not liking a particular deck or if you only care about certain words/phrases, you can always just start a different one or create your own. On the downside, a deck is only as good as the effort put in by its creator. If you wanted to use the Memrise decks, the nice thing is that in addition to the regular pronunciation, you'll sometimes get real people pronouncing it. It also has modes (free on the app but not the web) for listening skills, pronunciation and difficult words you struggled with. The annoying thing is that what's available on the app is different than what's on the web. For example, if you get stopped in the app because they want you to pay for premium (only for the Memrise decks), you have to start using the web to get around that. However, on the web you don't have the listening, pronunciation and difficult words features. I learn and review on the web (since it's more challenging than on the app) and then use the app for the other features to maximize what I get. Another thing is that you can only find/enroll in the custom decks on the web. However, once you've enrolled you'll see them in the app as well.
Virgin Plus ($35/20GB for 15 months)