Mobile Doc Scanner (MDScan) + OCR App - FREE

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100% Off
Retailer:
Google Play
Just noticed that this mobile document scanner app is free for a limited time. The regular price is $6.49. Seems like a good one for people that need to scan documents, pictures, etc, but don't actually have a scanner. This looks like a good alternative and has great reviews.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3963 posts
5496 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
Interested in what people say about this app. I've been using Microsoft Lens for a while and it's really good
granite_69 wrote: Is this what your other post with the data dump is for?
Jul 15, 2003
743 posts
274 upvotes
Ottawa
This is the best scanning software for Android that I have found. Very simple to use and great results. Microsoft Lens is very good too... you can't go wrong with either, but you should at least try this one to see what you're missing.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1176 posts
850 upvotes
Whitby
Thanks, will check out. I'm yet to find a perfect alternative for CamScanner. Nothing beats CamScanner so far when it comes to edge detection for receipts and also add scans to existing file (I like to maintain a single file for each month, I scan receipts as and when I purchase something and append to it). MS Lens is a good alternative except for this, I'm forced to scan all my receipts end of the month just to get a single file.
Mar 5, 2021
82 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
Adobe scan is way better than any other software.. using it for a long time now..

Still going to try this one..thanks...
God bless Canada and the whole world.
Jan 12, 2004
818 posts
456 upvotes
perfect timing, just downloaded adobe scan yesterday but willing to try something else
Oct 14, 2018
33 posts
175 upvotes
Adobe scan also detect the edges then it takes picture by itself. You don’t need to click. You can convert into pdf and multiple share options.

I will still try this one.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1016 posts
364 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
Can you upgrade later when price becomes normal?
Sep 20, 2010
11 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
You are correct.... now I need to look for a deal on reading glasses. 8)
Oct 8, 2020
14 posts
278 upvotes
Honestly, Office lens is quite great. No payments and directly gets uploaded to OneDrive and thus instantly and easily available to use on PC.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9872 posts
2047 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Good info, thanks
Apr 2, 2015
349 posts
472 upvotes
Siberia
Didn't a bunch of these free barcode and document scanning apps turn out to be malware? Unless the developer is well known and trusted I wouldn't download a free app thesedays, even from the playstore.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3515 posts
1554 upvotes
Ottawa
Jone19 wrote: Didn't a bunch of these free barcode and document scanning apps turn out to be malware? Unless the developer is well known and trusted I wouldn't download a free app thesedays, even from the playstore.
I think cam scanner was one as well, huge name.
Jul 4, 2008
56 posts
5 upvotes
I used CamScanner for many years, and also tried other Docs Scan Softwares like MDScan, I stay with CamScanner by the end.