Expired Hot Deals

[Google Play] Network Manager - Tools & Utilities Pro (Android, FREE)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2019 8:07 am
[OP]
Apr 12, 2005
830 posts
4724 upvotes

Network Manager - Tools & Utilities Pro (Android, FREE)

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... anager.pro

Down from 6.49. No ads or IAPs. Handy set of tools. Ends in 6 hours.

Last edited by sixb0nes on May 5th, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN: sixb0nes
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6046 posts
5887 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I don't know if I want to install this app on my phone

See comment below, that was my exact reasoning
Last edited by TransporterSD on May 5th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2785 upvotes
Looks interesting, but it may be a bit risky to install a free app that needs extensive access to your local network from an unknown Albanian developer with a very small customer base. I'm sure it's probably fine, but where might one find more assurances?
Banned
Apr 17, 2019
22 posts
60 upvotes
Canada
love how the link is forcing me to installing to the phone (asking for my google account info. pass
Feb 6, 2016
518 posts
408 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Exp315 wrote: Looks interesting, but it may be a bit risky to install a free app that needs extensive access to your local network from an unknown Albanian developer with a very small customer base. I'm sure it's probably fine, but where might one find more assurances?
Well said ,i thought all downloaded apps from ggplay was secure but after i read some pages on net, many apps is trying to steal some data from our phone, now im taking some precaution
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1026 posts
1683 upvotes
Alberta
Looks interesting, but it may be a bit risky to install a free app that needs extensive access to your local network from an unknown Albanian developer with a very small customer base. I'm sure it's probably fine, but where might one find more assurances?
Any comprehensive network utilities app will require extensive permissions, pertinent to its functionality.
Scanning the reviews (1000+), user experience reflects a credible, legitimate utility.
You could also consider OP's RFD tenure and upvote/post ratio.

Before installing, the app permissions list can be viewed in the Play Store: Read more / App permissions / See More.
After installing, before opening the app and enabling permissions, you can confirm what will be requested on your device: Settings / Apps / App info / [Network Manager] / Permissions / All permissions (menu). They seem appropriate for this manner of utility and feature set.
Consider Play Store safeguards, and the Google Play Protect facility (check it, if you haven't - My apps & games / No problems found / Recently scanned / Learn more).

I'm not endorsing this app, just sharing how I would exercise due care as a cautious end user. I wouldn't discredit or discount an app due to the developer's country of origin..
I've installed this. Similar utilities I'm familiar with: Ping Tools Pro (StreamSoft), Net Analyzer Pro (Jiri Techet), Network Cell Info (Wilysis), WiFi Analyzer (VREM), he.net Network Tools.
Last edited by pjw918 on May 5th, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2007
211 posts
129 upvotes
Do not install this app. It is an app that requires sensitive permission. If you need this app, I am sure a similar fee app from a proven trustworthy developer is easy to find. Some people will install anything even a virus when it comes out for 6.99 then becomes free.
May 4, 2019
1 posts
6 upvotes
Albania
pjw918 wrote: I'm not endorsing this app, just sharing how I would exercise due care as a cautious end user. I wouldn't discredit or discount an app due to the developer's country of origin..
I've installed this. Similar utilities I'm familiar with: Ping Tools Pro (StreamSoft), Net Analyzer Pro (Jiri Techet), Network Cell Info (Wilysis), WiFi Analyzer (VREM), he.net Network Tools.
Thanks for this.

Hi there, i am the developer of this app. Yes i am from Albania :) . Regularly i check on the web about what's going on with my app like reading forums, websites like this etc. to try to improve this app more from users voice. About permissions and other stuff also i work hard to request only required permission to make the app works fine with minimal permissions.
Not only app or hard work is done for money or profit, sometimes is passion. Sure i have published this app as paid app (everyone needs some money and here in Albania things are not going good for us). Anyway enjoy the free app only for today and feel free to contact me at info@eakteam.com for any question or issue you might have in following !

PS sorry for my not good English, best regards
" The more quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ... "
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
139 upvotes
hmmm.....keeping an eye on this.....the force is strong with this one.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19006 posts
6881 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Unfortunately there is little to protect us from bad intentions. I had just read this recently and while we can deny all the uncomfortable truths we wish we don't have any real protection
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cr ... ket-newtab
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people