Expired Hot Deals

[Google play] Runtastic Road Bike PRO *FREE* (Was 4.99$)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 8:46 pm
16 replies
Apr 24, 2014
163 posts
89 upvotes
Nice find there OP!
"In films when they are holding on for their lives, if you can't do a pull up you will probably die."
"Mufasa skipped back day, and so Simba lost his daddy. Do pullups or Scar will kill you and take your pride!"

Koodo $48 7GB
Jul 14, 2013
279 posts
137 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
+1 Installed even tho not much of a fan of Runtastic apps just given by how much they separate apps by activities.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1387 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice find and thanks for the heads up OP!
Got one ; )
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
1147 posts
72 upvotes
Nice find. Grabbed it as well...
Well, here is what I think...
POST Deleted... Reason: irrelevant
Dec 26, 2010
922 posts
644 upvotes
thanks OP. guess i should go buy a bike now
Mar 2, 2008
884 posts
1123 upvotes
BC
darrenmak wrote: Is this any better than Strava?
The question you want to ask is "which app is better for me?" It really depends on what you are using it for. Here's a couple of high-level reasons to pick each.

Strava
Want to compete with others - you can also keep all of your activities private in Strava if you don't want to/don't care about competing with others
Want to keep all my activities tracked in a single app - biking & running are the primary sports though, far more data available for them than other activities

Runtastic
Want to keep track of my own activities only (i.e. not interested as much in the social aspect)
Don't mind using different apps for different activities. As zjhehe mentioned, they have different apps for different sports.
Want a little more data for individual activities, closer to a personal trainer

Each have their pros and cons. Just need to pick the one that is right for you.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18907 posts
3564 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
brghunter wrote: The question you want to ask is "which app is better for me?" It really depends on what you are using it for. Here's a couple of high-level reasons to pick each.

Strava
Want to compete with others - you can also keep all of your activities private in Strava if you don't want to/don't care about competing with others
Want to keep all my activities tracked in a single app - biking & running are the primary sports though, far more data available for them than other activities

Runtastic
Want to keep track of my own activities only (i.e. not interested as much in the social aspect)
Don't mind using different apps for different activities. As zjhehe mentioned, they have different apps for different sports.
Want a little more data for individual activities, closer to a personal trainer

Each have their pros and cons. Just need to pick the one that is right for you.
Can you load a Strava GPX into Runtastic? Or can the reverse direction work to share data?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1541 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like it's free for iPhones too in the App Store:

Road Bike Pro: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/runtast ... 29333?mt=8

I've used the Mountain BIke Pro app for some time and I like it. I'm not sure what's different about the Road Bike one.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Plat & Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Mar 2, 2008
884 posts
1123 upvotes
BC
Jucius Maximus wrote: Can you load a Strava GPX into Runtastic? Or can the reverse direction work to share data?
Yes, you can manually upload or download a gpx file in either platform. Not sure about how it's done in Runtastic, but you need to do this via the web interface on Strava. It can't be done via the app (at least not in Android, not 100% sure about iOS).