8960 posts
9932 upvotes

Aquamail 50% off sale $6.49

Deal Link:
Price:
$6.49
Retailer:
Google Play Store
Awesome price for I would say the best email app for android (k9 was best but it doesn't update any more) $6.49

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n.AquaMail

KEY FEATURES:
● Multiple email providers: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, FastMail, Apple, GMX, AOL and more;
● Mail accounts hosted at: Google Apps, Yahoo BizMail, Office 365, Exchange Online and others;
● Support for standard Internet email protocols: IMAP, POP3, SMTP; Exchange: EWS;
● Improved security: OAUTH2 authentication for Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo;
● Instant incoming email delivery (push mail): servers supporting the IMAP IDLE extension (most Internet mail services except Yahoo; self-hosted IMAP servers);
● Integration with: Light Flow, Enhanced SMS & Caller ID, Cloud Print, Apex Launcher Pro, Nova Launcher / Tesla Unread, Executive Assistant, DashClock Widget;
● Integration with Tasker: change settings, trigger mail checks, trigger events based on incoming messages

ADVANCED FEATURES:
● Stay up to date with home screen widgets: message counts and message lists;
● Access existing folder structure: synchronize Drafts, Sent, and Deleted Messages of web mail and desktop mail apps;
● Access server Contacts: autocomplete from your personal address book and corporate directory (for Exchange and Office 365) when composing messages;
● Sync Calendar: allows two-way synchronization of Calendar events (for Exchange and Office 365);
● Format your messages and signatures: insert images and links, add colors and styling to text;
● Save attachments as files;
● Browse messages grouped into conversations (can be turned off);
● Reply via voice input: Android Wear notifications with message previews and actions;
● Undo message operations: “Delete”, “Move to folder”, and other actions can be reversed;
● Backup and restore your accounts and settings: via popular cloud services (Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and Google Drive) or a file;
● Optimize for your internet connection: separate settings for WiFi and mobile data.

26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6708 posts
624 upvotes
TO
Thanks OP, gonna download the free version which provides 2 accounts and see how it works - I was so hooked on Inbox that I miss it everyday and hard to go back to Gmail app on Android but reading reviews on GStore, this aqua might just do the trick.

Anyone else tried anything since Inbox? I see several other players like blue mail and maildroid etc. I even went back to Outlook android app (much nicer UI and clean look) but lacking some features.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8960 posts
9932 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:23 pm
Thanks OP, gonna download the free version which provides 2 accounts and see how it works - I was so hooked on Inbox that I miss it everyday and hard to go back to Gmail app on Android but reading reviews on GStore, this aqua might just do the trick.

Anyone else tried anything since Inbox? I see several other players like blue mail and maildroid etc. I even went back to Outlook android app (much nicer UI and clean look) but lacking some features.

I was a long time user of k@-9 mail until it suffered certificate login issues with Google accounts and there was no support or response by the developer.

Absolutely love the customizability and unified inbox for aquamail and they update their app very often
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6708 posts
624 upvotes
TO
Wizard1 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:27 pm
I was a long time user of k@-9 mail until it suffered certificate login issues with Google accounts and there was no support or response by the developer.

Absolutely love the customizability and unified inbox for aquamail and they update their app very often
Thanks, anyway to include the labels/folders like it did in inbox or gmail natively in Aqualmail? Wondering if you've tried any others apart from aqual mail that resemble same features to inbox?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)

"You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”Gary Kent
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8960 posts
9932 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:30 pm
Thanks, anyway to include the labels/folders like it did in inbox or gmail natively in Aqualmail? Wondering if you've tried any others apart from aqual mail that resemble same features to inbox?
Um not 100% sure what you mean, but each email is colour coded and mentions which email address it belongs to, in the consolidated inbox, as well as the folder name.

So "xxx@gmail.com: folder name" colour coded

You can also customize which folders to pull/update and which ones not to.
Aug 30, 2017
130 posts
151 upvotes
Looks nice, but... Call me paranoid, and yet I am not ready to give some third-party app an access to my main email account. After all, nowadays most of our online presence is tied to it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9462 upvotes
alexttp wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 3:12 pm
Looks nice, but... Call me paranoid, and yet I am not ready to give some third-party app an access to my main email account. After all, nowadays most of our online presence is tied to it.
This isn't even paranoia either.
Bluemail for example sends your credentials to their server.
Feb 5, 2017
292 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
I have been using AquaMail for over 3 years, happy with it. I bought the paid version a weeks after to support the devs since they update frequently. I use it for work email - from local Exchange server to G Suite, no problems.

One of the pros, which other email programs may also offer now, is a black theme. I been Samsung phones with AMOLED screens for many years now and happy to find programs that support a dark mode.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2131 posts
393 upvotes
yeah... having to pay for an app when there's so many good free ones
i like to use gmail for @gmail
outlook for @outlook and
yahoo for @yahoo

i haven't really heard about aquamail before, dont know where their servers are hosted
what kinda privacy rules they have and the fact that i'd need to share all my email passwords (including works)
with them kinda makes me stay away from them
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7517 posts
3977 upvotes
North York
Wizard1 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:00 pm
● Multiple email providers: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, FastMail, Apple, GMX, AOL and more
GMail app can already read most of these ...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9928 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
redkid wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:30 pm
yeah... having to pay for an app when there's so many good free ones
i like to use gmail for @gmail
outlook for @outlook and
yahoo for @yahoo

i haven't really heard about aquamail before, dont know where their servers are hosted
what kinda privacy rules they have and the fact that i'd need to share all my email passwords (including works)
with them kinda makes me stay away from them
Privacy, passwords and server locations is basically why I am going to not get this, but seems like a good concept.
Sep 26, 2015
347 posts
163 upvotes
Been using aquamail for a few years as well. After trying out several email apps, hands down the best one IMO.
Jul 4, 2006
859 posts
197 upvotes
Oakville
Have this for years and if you take the time to explore it you will find it to be the best available for Android.

The only issue is that it has difficulty searching the server for your email when you are looking for a particular message.

Probably something I have to set perhaps that causes this issue.

I hate k-9 when I used it on my tablet.