Price:
FREE
Savings:
$3.99
Expiry:
August 2, 2020
Retailer:
Google Play Store
Puzzle game "The Lost Ship" from reputable developer Syntaxity "has been awarded the “App of The Day” by MyAppFree: it will be free to download from July 31 to August 2."

It's updated version "with major expansion; double the gameplay, puzzles, and map scenes"

"In-App Purchases" means getting Fast-travel and Hints features.

Very positive [4.5] user reviews.

Publisher's word:
-------------------------

The Lost Ship has been awarded the “App of The Day” by MyAppFree: it will be free to download from July 31 to August 2! Get MyAppFree to discover more offers and sales!

Embark on your own treasure hunt in this beautifully designed classic point and click adventure game. Explore old trails, puzzles, and structures left behind by a castaway crew as you hunt for their lost pirate ship that was blown on to an island centuries ago.

Uncle Henry has been hunting lost treasures for as long as you can remember. His stories of adventure excited your imagination as you were a child growing up. Now with your newly acquired archeology skills, he has been reaching out from time to time for your help in tracking down some of these difficult to find treasures.

In his latest quest, he has been hunting for the treasure map known to be in the lost pirate ship "Queen Anne's Revenge". Thought to have sunk off the coast of the American shores, Uncle Henry has discovered new information that the ship was really blown on to an island when it was caught in a hurricane while sailing through Caribbean waters.

You must hurry and help him on this amazing adventure before anyone else finds the location of the lost ship!

This captivating adventure game has:
- Custom designed beautiful HD graphics!
- Custom composed soundtrack and sound effects!
- A dynamic map to show the screens you have visited and current location
- A camera that takes photos of clues and symbols as you discover them
- Dozens of puzzles, clues, and items
- Auto saves your progress
- Available for phones and tablets!

Fast-travel and Hints available as In-App Purchases:
- Instantly move around the map reducing travel time with Fast-travel
- Get helpful text hints that nudge you in the right direction and complete walkthrough videos for each hint and puzzle

Visit our website to sign up for our newsletter and learn about upcoming games!
www.syntaxity.com
Last edited by max011 on Aug 2nd, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
15 replies
Feb 7, 2004
587 posts
406 upvotes
St Thomas
Fantastic game. Got this a few years ago before they made fast travel an extra in game expense. Regardless, the whole series of games by them are excellent. My son replays them all the time.
May 2, 2017
153 posts
183 upvotes
I got this when it was free for a limited time a month or 2 ago. Its description of having been "updated with major expansion" is outdated as it was last updated more than a year ago. For a free game, it's quite good with decent graphics, bug-free play, and sufficient game length. I played it with my 6 year-old son who enjoyed it and was able to solve most of the puzzles with only minimal help. However, there are just one or two puzzles that I felt were poorly conceptualized and somewhat illogical. Don't pay for in-app hints if you get stuck though. Some generous soul has posted a complete walk-through on YouTube and I've only had to consult that on a couple occasions.
Dec 25, 2018
100 posts
179 upvotes
OP change title to "[Google Play Store] The Lost Ship - FREE"
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2783 posts
2208 upvotes
GTA
They asked me for a whole bunch of permissions that I felt wasn't worth it. Deleted. Thanks anyways.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Apr 30, 2007
230 posts
382 upvotes
read the first review: ask for a lot of unnecessary permissions, thx, but NO.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5227 posts
7297 upvotes
Vancouver
CjB88260 wrote: OP change title to "[Google Play Store] The Lost Ship - FREE"
Thanks, didn't pay attention [did it in a harry] and RFD has a nasty habit to automatically check "Multiple retailers" that nixes single retailer name...

Fixed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5227 posts
7297 upvotes
Vancouver
chicot wrote: read the first review: ask for a lot of unnecessary permissions, thx, but NO.
Did YOU try it??

Did you read a list of the Permissions before writing this??
Dec 2, 2016
407 posts
562 upvotes
max011 wrote: Did YOU try it??

Did you read a list of the Permissions before writing this??
I tried it, and it does ask for "photos, media, and files on this device". Why would it need my photos??
Thanks anyhoo. If I had a random extra phone for games etc, I would appreciate it more.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5227 posts
7297 upvotes
Vancouver
ButtermanJr wrote: I tried it, and it does ask for "photos, media, and files on this device". Why would it need my photos??
Thanks anyhoo. If I had a random extra phone for games etc, I would appreciate it more.
Maybe you should learn more about Permissions.... Way more.
Dec 2, 2016
407 posts
562 upvotes
max011 wrote: Maybe you should learn more about Permissions.... Way more.
They are asking for permission to access my external storage so that they can load optional additional content if I choose to buy it. There's no reason why they can't ask for that permission when I go to download additional content. Asking for this before they need it, and likely never will need it, makes me question their motives just a little, and It's just poor app etiquette.
https://developer.android.com/training/ ... sage-notes

App permissions best practices
Don't overwhelm the user

If you confront the user with a lot of requests for permissions at once, you may overwhelm the user and cause them to quit your app. Instead, you should ask for permissions as you need them.
Apr 30, 2017
574 posts
1030 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
moulamou wrote: They asked me for a whole bunch of permissions that I felt wasn't worth it. Deleted. Thanks anyways.
It only asks for 1. Storage. That's it.
Apr 30, 2017
574 posts
1030 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
Thanks OP. Finished it in about 1h30. It was fun. Got stuck once or twice but didn't want to use any guide and didn't. Quite satisfying to finish with no help.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5227 posts
7297 upvotes
Vancouver
JonDuke19 wrote: It only asks for 1. Storage. That's it.
There will always be some characters on RFD spreading FUD and displaying their ignorance. I stopped paying attention to these long time ago.

Unfortunately, many others will not take advantage of the deal after that due to [ungrounded] fear... Oh, well...