Feb 25, 2014
431 posts
113 upvotes
Westeros

[Google Play Store] Solid Explorer File Manager 50% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$1.29
This File Manager is one of the best for Android.

Waaaaaaay better than the shady, junky, bloated ES File Manager.

Update: must be purchased in-app for $1.29 CAD.

I paid $2.49 a few weeks ago but still think it was worth it. (Redeemed my Play Credit from Google Opinion Rewards)
40 replies
Apr 12, 2004
220 posts
40 upvotes
Agreed - recently uninstalled ES File Manager and installed Solid Explorer! However my trial has expired and it shows up as $1.29 to buy. Where do you see $0.99?
Jan 16, 2013
18 posts
3 upvotes
CORNWALL
5hole wrote: agreed - recently uninstalled es file manager and installed solid explorer! However my trial has expired and it shows up as $1.29 to buy. Where do you see $0.99?
$0.99 usd. $1.29 cdn.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1456 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op. I had some credit so why not. I was using Astro free version.
Apr 20, 2004
157 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: I've found Asus' File Manager to be pretty amazing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ager&hl=en

Solid app, does everything I needed it to compared to ES File Explorer which sucked.
I use the file manager to copy stuff back and forth from my NAS to my phone. ES is the only one I've found that provides multiple clipboard items (i.e. copy a bunch, the paste all at once) and remembers which folders I am in for each rather than having to re-traverse the tree as I go back and forth (asus, amaze and a bunch of others suffer from these problems). I hate all the extra crap ES has thrown in there now (reminiscent of Nero on a PC), but it's the best I've found so far. Yes, I paid for the Pro version to get rid of the lock-screen takeover.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3303 posts
904 upvotes
GTA
Nobody should be using ES after the ***** they pulled. Currently switching between Solid and FX trying to find a favourite, both are top 2 file explorers on Android for sure.
Apr 20, 2004
157 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I agree, but FX has the same issues I mentioned earlier. My trial for solid ran out before I realized what I really needed to check for. I don't mind ES doing what they did, they need to earn their money, but it was the WAY they did it that disgusted me. But at the end of the day I need an app that does what I need it to do.
Oct 28, 2012
4 posts
Toronto
Just yesterday my antivirus flagged ES as malicious and Astro was not cutting it for me.
Thanks for this.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9233 posts
5662 upvotes
Toronto
Agree that ES got way more bloaty as of late. This better than root explorer?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1054 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Am I missing something, how to I do in app purchases?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2013
1766 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Am I missing something here? I have been using ES Explorer for quite some time now on my cell phone and tablet... nothing unusual or anything, found it solid...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2089 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
Why do they do in app? Is it to avoid the 20 minute refund time thingy?
Oct 14, 2009
123 posts
29 upvotes
vancouver
bucklemyshoe wrote: Am I missing something here? I have been using ES Explorer for quite some time now on my cell phone and tablet... nothing unusual or anything, found it solid...
ES Explorer was bought by a company that sends tracking data back to china. They also slowly incorporate bloatware into the apps they take over.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6366 posts
4589 upvotes
Ottawa
What's the real purpose of a file manager? I usually click the stock'my files' and can see just about everything stored on my phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4458 posts
695 upvotes
Said212 wrote: What's the real purpose of a file manager? I usually click the stock'my files' and can see just about everything stored on my phone.
I use it to stream media from my NAS.
Oct 28, 2012
792 posts
112 upvotes
EDMONTON
Whats wrong with es file explorer? I bought it a while ago and it works fine still. Probably the one with the most feature. I also have file commander which came with all my xperia.