6792 upvotes
Vancouver

[FREE] Ekstar Keyboard [multilingual]

Deal Link:
Savings:
$9.49 US
Retailer:
Google Playstore
If you need to use multilingual keyboard maybe this could help...

Ekstar Keyboard (listed at ridiculous price of US$9.49!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth ) is free right now. Does not ask for any permissions and, apparently, some bugs were ironed this month so no harm in trying.

-------
Product page says:

Ekstar Keyboard aims to provide a smooth and simple keyboard experience, while also providing special keys and interfaces, all with material design.

How to install
★ Download the app
★ set Ekstar Keyboard as the active keyboard
★ select the app as the default keyboard
★ Click on Ekstar Keyboard then you can select multiple languages

This amazing keypad is all about your needs! You can always change the theme, key-press sounds and button size!
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
12 replies
Sep 27, 2013
392 posts
487 upvotes
Don't know who gone a pay their regular price of 9.50 US dollars!! ,🤦
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
coolzack wrote: Don't know who gone a pay their regular price of 9.50 US dollars!! ,🤦
Crazy, right? Even with a lot of keyboard layouts they support no one in their right mind would pay that much...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
poopooplatter wrote: I thought this was an actual keyboard...
"Google playstore" Smiling Face With Open Mouth

But you are right - you could buy a real keyboard for that price...
Aug 24, 2019
81 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I got a warning after i try to enable the keyboard saying that it can record password and credit card information.
Jul 14, 2019
8 posts
23 upvotes
taranjotwani wrote: Thanks OP. I got a warning after i try to enable the keyboard saying that it can record password and credit card information.
Ooh, almost downloaded.

Thanks for the update
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
taranjotwani wrote: Thanks OP. I got a warning after i try to enable the keyboard saying that it can record password and credit card information.
Theoretically. It is standard warning for every keyboard. But, without access to Internet, it would be of no use to them.

And there are much bigger security holes that we left open or are not even aware of..

However, by all means, if you are not comfortable with this and don't understand permissions, do not install. Applies to any app.
Aug 1, 2009
237 posts
195 upvotes
Ontario
what did you expect? it is am app that is being a keyboard, meaning it has to warn you it can read your keys...
Dec 23, 2016
240 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa
It's free but do i need it? Google keyboard does the job. Why give another app my information ? (And they will get your information!)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6835 posts
5523 upvotes
Indian company... 5000 reviews... the very last app you should trust from a third party developer is a keyboard. You don't know if they're not sending your typed info on their server.

In Android all apps can access the Internet without restriction or having to ask for specific permission.

MIUI has a function to disable Internet or mobile access for individual apps. However Google will never implement this in Android, because it would greatly hurt their business model centered around gathering data and serving up targeted ads.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1265 posts
602 upvotes
Regina
I am sure it can connect with other apps that have internet access to send data out.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4743 posts
6792 upvotes
Vancouver
ReDiva wrote: It's free but do i need it? Google keyboard does the job. Why give another app my information ? (And they will get your information!)
Only you know if you need it or not. If you don't speak or write in different language of course you don't need it.