[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
17 posts
56 upvotes

Google slashing Pixel 3a and 3a XL price by $150 for Black Friday

Deal Link:
Price:
$399, $499
Hello everyone, just posting a rather early heads up for a great deal that begins November 28th until December 2nd. I'll be replacing my five year old OnePlus One with the Pixel 3a XL, unless something better comes along in the meantime, though I doubt that will happen. I've done my research, it's a great phone at this price, with one of the best cameras on the market, a solid OLED display, good battery life, and while the Snapdragon 670 chipset isn't top-of-the-line, it's still upper mid-range and capable. Furthermore, a lot of people aren't aware that these Pixel phones provide much better coverage on our network bands here in Canada than many other alternatives such as Xiaomi, Huawei and Asus. Always use the frequency checker tool on kimovil.com before buying a new phone.

You can purchase the Pixels directly from the respective Google website when the deal goes live.
Last edited by Cryptoleaf on Nov 13th, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walk forwards in the radiance of the past
124 replies
Jul 21, 2016
869 posts
1828 upvotes
At first I read the price would be 150$ during black friday. I was about to start camping the website a few days early Face With Tears Of Joy
Thanks OP, bought 25!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂 [̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅­̲̅
Aug 24, 2019
142 posts
106 upvotes
Unless that phone goes for 150$, I don’t see point in buying it. They have had this offer before Pixel 4 was even launched.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1097 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
I'm guessing with the way the Pixel 4 is selling that they'll slash the prices on the newer Pixel 4 phones in addition to the Pixel 3a models.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
17 posts
56 upvotes
HawaiianGate wrote: Unless that phone goes for 150$, I don’t see point in buying it. They have had this offer before Pixel 4 was even launched.
Post a better alternative then.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4038 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
HawaiianGate wrote: Unless that phone goes for 150$, I don’t see point in buying it.
What's wrong with it? It gets great reviews and seems to be a in a great "upper-mid-range" sweet-spot.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12958 upvotes
Obviously not comparable but Umidigis have excellent band coverage.
I'd still take a pixel though. Maybe not the 4 because I like my fingerprint.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2019
17 posts
56 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Obviously not comparable but Umidigis have excellent band coverage.
I'd still take a pixel though. Maybe not the 4 because I like my fingerprint.
The problem with these affordable yet second rate Chinese phones is that they don't offer the same customer service and long-term support. Google are providing software updates for these Pixel phones for a minimum of three years from time of release.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12958 upvotes
Cryptoleaf wrote: The problem with these affordable yet second rate Chinese phones is that they don't offer the same customer service and long-term support. Google are providing software updates for these Pixel phones for a minimum of three years from time of release.
100% no dispute, although it's getting better if Treble actually works like it's supposed to.
Feb 19, 2018
37 posts
28 upvotes
Been waiting on this type of deal for Pixel 3a for a while - thanks OP for posting!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1364 upvotes
Thanked.

Anybody know, if we purchase the phone now, will Google price adjust come November 28? I'd rather beat the hordes...
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Jun 10, 2013
588 posts
256 upvotes
Cryptoleaf wrote: The problem with these affordable yet second rate Chinese phones is that they don't offer the same customer service and long-term support. Google are providing software updates for these Pixel phones for a minimum of three years from time of release.
Some don't make it past 1 upgrade cycle but if the phone is popular enough, perhaps an XDA Developer will develop LineageOS for it and continue it on for a few years. I would flash a Chinese cheapo phone right away to avoid software-level PRC spying - everyone spies on everyone, but at least the Five-Eye countries have constitutional protections and allow for a degree of criticism [this won't matter as much if you don't have to go to China]. Have to say though, China does offer the best deal for the hardware/processing power, even this phone was made in China...This pixel deal looks great, thanks OP! I'll definitely try to grab one and upgrade my 6 year old phone (still running the latest Android in 2019 via LineageOS)
Dec 19, 2018
120 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
A bit off-topic, but do you guys think the pixel 4 xl will receive a discount, as the 200 USD one the us version is allegedly going to receive? Can we suppose a 250 CAD cut?