Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Google slashing Pixel 3a and 3a XL price by $150 for Black Friday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 5:39 pm
Oct 6, 2017
65 posts
11 upvotes
normal size out of stock, only XL available. 64 gb version also sold out, 128 gb available.

the 128gb pixel 3 XL comes to $859, down from $1259

EDIT: never mind, i was lookig at 3 not 3a
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3261 posts
129 upvotes
anyone know exactly when the sale starts ex. 12:01 EST on the 28th? not sure what time zone it will be.
Jan 27, 2013
72 posts
30 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: Considering the Pixel 3XL, Freedom currently offers it at a total cost of $120 ($5/month for 24 months). Seems like a rather decent price, since I am happy with their service and don’t mind staying for another 2yrs. Pretty much in it for the camera photo quality. How much worse is the processor on the 3a XL compared to the 3XL, notable lag?
do you know if this $5/mo deal would be applicable if you are on a pay as you go plan (prepaid)??
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2463 posts
3164 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
tomsktx wrote: I am also interested in a Pixel 3a, but believe the Best Buy US offer is much better for Black Friday than the Google Canada offer. I have read that Best Buy will price the Unlocked Pixel 3a for $200 USD. With the dollar conversion, that seems like a much better deal than $400 CAD.

My only concern is buying an unlocked phone in the US... will it work with Canadian carriers? Can anyone provide advice?

Other than the hassle of purchasing the phone in the US, are there any issues/drawbacks of buying it down there and using it with a Canadian carrier?

Thanks for your help!

Source/link??
Apr 23, 2003
497 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Gee wrote: I was going to jump on this deal if I could sell my Pixel 3 XL for 500$

But after reading all the reviews on the 4 XL, not sure if it is worth upgrading. May just wait for the Pixel 5 XL
Wait for the 5 XL.

The P4 XL is not worth the update from the 3 XL. Upgraded from a P2 XL to the P4 XL, the difference is definitive and worth it. Buddy has the P3 XL, not too much of a noticeable difference between his phone and mine (besides the obvious differences face unlock, no fingerprint scanner, camera upgrade).

I do miss the FP scanner, the face unlock is fine and a future software update should fix the closed vs open eyes problem. The Soli radar thing is meh, the swiping to snooze the alarms works well and love having this feature. Hopefully, Google will release apps or do something more with this sensor in the future.

Despite what other people say, I am one of the few that actually find that I prefer to use the telephoto when taking photos sometimes. The wide angle, not so much and easily resolved by taking panorama photos. Google photos is smart enough to stitch them together for you after it gets uploaded to their cloud.
Dec 24, 2012
219 posts
304 upvotes
Terrebonne
DStriderX wrote: Wait for the 5 XL.

The P4 XL is not worth the update from the 3 XL. Upgraded from a P2 XL to the P4 XL, the difference is definitive and worth it. Buddy has the P3 XL, not too much of a noticeable difference between his phone and mine (besides the obvious differences face unlock, no fingerprint scanner, camera upgrade).

I do miss the FP scanner, the face unlock is fine and a future software update should fix the closed vs open eyes problem. The Soli radar thing is meh, the swiping to snooze the alarms works well and love having this feature. Hopefully, Google will release apps or do something more with this sensor in the future.

Despite what other people say, I am one of the few that actually find that I prefer to use the telephoto when taking photos sometimes. The wide angle, not so much and easily resolved by taking panorama photos. Google photos is smart enough to stitch them together for you after it gets uploaded to their cloud.
How do I sell to my wife that I need to trade in my 2xl and spend 800$ for a 4XL?
Sep 23, 2011
150 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan
karldagenais wrote: How do I sell to my wife that I need to trade in my 2xl and spend 800$ for a 4XL?
"This new phone has a camera which will capture how beautiful you are even more honey"

That, or just get her a purse.
Dec 24, 2012
219 posts
304 upvotes
Terrebonne
Saniokca wrote: "This new phone has a camera which will capture how beautiful you are even more honey"

That, or just get her a purse.
From what I've seen the camera isn't really much different than the one of the 2xl. Same sensor actually... The only big advantage I see is "top shot" which was introduced on the 3
Sep 23, 2011
150 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan
karldagenais wrote:
From what I've seen the camera isn't really much different than the one of the 2xl. Same sensor actually... The only big advantage I see is "top shot" which was introduced on the 3
Seems like you need to convince yourself and not your wife lol...
Dec 24, 2012
219 posts
304 upvotes
Terrebonne
Saniokca wrote: Seems like you need to convince yourself and not your wife lol...
Well if I can't believe in saying this but I personally hesitate with the iPhone 11.

But she'll complain about the money lol
Apr 23, 2003
497 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
karldagenais wrote: Well if I can't believe in saying this but I personally hesitate with the iPhone 11.

But she'll complain about the money lol
Tell her it is still a better deal than an iPhone. Or tell her it can be your Xmas gift :)

What type of phone does she have? Do you have kids? Tell her she can take better photos of your kids with your P2 XL as well. Thus, you need the P4 XL to take better photos of her and your kids.
Dec 26, 2015
388 posts
207 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
So they still have stock of pixel 3 xl and now rebate on those?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4312 posts
404 upvotes
Calgary
systemdude wrote: So they still have stock of pixel 3 xl and now rebate on those?
The 3 and 3 XL has gone back up in price, they were available briefly with a $400 discount.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4312 posts
404 upvotes
Calgary
willy222 wrote: do you know if this $5/mo deal would be applicable if you are on a pay as you go plan (prepaid)??
I don't believe prepaid gets any subsidies from Freedom, you must be on their 24 month tab program to qualify for savings.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"