Expired Hot Deals

[Google Store] $150 in store credit when you pre-order Pixel 4/4XL

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 5:46 pm
Member
Jun 13, 2005
214 posts
73 upvotes
vancouver
For my sake, can someone remind me why they'd spend $1100+ straight-up for the phone rather than getting it through a phone plan? I am set to renew or move providers so I figured that would be the best/cheapest way to get the phone - am I wrong?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
pkphilip wrote: Lesson learned from last year, I will wait until there are subsidies before I jump on board.
Last year the story was different as the 3 and 3XL was marginally different and it wasn't a major upgrade, However this year there is so much new. There is dual cameras, 90hz display, different design. So it might not be the case like last year.
Sr. Member
Jul 5, 2008
707 posts
411 upvotes
Variability wrote: Shame no headphone jack as I like the latest software updates.
I haven't used plug in headphones for a long time so no jack is great. Less places for dirt to get into. I remember everyone whining about Apple moving to the lightning connector and it's 10x better than the original one.
Last edited by shadowsteve on Oct 15th, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
c3apollyon wrote: For my sake, can someone remind me why they'd spend $1100+ straight-up for the phone rather than getting it through a phone plan? I am set to renew or move providers so I figured that would be the best/cheapest way to get the phone - am I wrong?
You can get the phone thru the provider as well. Ex, Telus will let you finance it at 0%interest depends on your credit,.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 21, 2019
48 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i think we could expect a $250 discount during black friday or boxing day
hold on to your wallets fellas
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14155 posts
4620 upvotes
London
MaaniOG wrote: You know that they make Android ...duh
Sure, and everyone else takes their barebones OS and improves on it.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
Overmydeadbody wrote: i think we could expect a $250 discount during black friday or boxing day
hold on to your wallets fellas
In such case its worth buying from google store then from the Telecom provider because then you can argue and get the difference back refunded in form of credit or cashback.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
Viper98 wrote: Sure, and everyone else takes their barebones OS and improves on it.
You clearly have never used a Nexus/Pixel device.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2007
2480 posts
1444 upvotes
Still no 4K 60fps video mode for the Pixel 4 is really disappointing. Didn't the iPhone X and other phones have this 2 years ago? It's like they aren't even trying anymore. I've had several Nexus phones and Pixels over many years but might be done this time around. You can't charge Apple money for a lesser product.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4448 posts
1751 upvotes
GTA
They've also removed free unlimited original quality Google Photos back ups for this generation
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
Duuuuude wrote: Still no 4K 60fps video mode for the Pixel 4 is really disappointing. Didn't the iPhone X and other phones have this 2 years ago? It's like they aren't even trying anymore. I've had several Nexus phones and Pixels over many years but might be done this time around. You can't charge Apple money for a lesser product.
I know that's the first thing I noticed when I went to the specs page.
Every single pixel does 4k@30 but none of them do 4k@60
You are right. iPhone X and every iPhone running A11 bionic or new chip can do 4k@60. Including 8 and 8 Plus.
Also they took the unlimited original quality storage for 3 years out of the Pixel.
TBH I shoot a lot of videos and I have over 300GB of videos on my google photos, so that would suck
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2019
124 posts
244 upvotes
North Dakota
Dave98 wrote: They've also removed free unlimited original quality Google Photos back ups for this generation
I know that sucks :(
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14155 posts
4620 upvotes
London
MaaniOG wrote: You clearly have never used a Nexus/Pixel device.
I've owned every PIxel/Nexus phone ever
Sr. Member
Jul 5, 2008
707 posts
411 upvotes
abshahul wrote: Pixel 4 is eligible for 10% back in store credit on Google Store purchases

How it works

When you shop on the Google Store, make sure that you’re signed in with the email that you use for Google One.
Whenever you purchase an eligible device or accessory, you’ll get10% back in Google Store credit. You’ll see how much credit that you’ve earned at the checkout.
Your credit will appear in your account 30 days after your order has been dispatched. You can use the credit on future Google Store device and accessory purchases and you can check your credit balance at any time in the Google Store settings. Happy shopping.
This Google One membership offer (“Offer”) is only available to Google One 200GB plan managers and 2TB and above plan managers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia (“Eligible Members”). The Offer is not available to Google One trial memberships.

Full terms & conditions: https://one.google.com/benefits/4e80b0b ... rce=gstore
You have to maintain the paid level of Google One until you get the credit and then cancel? Why not sign up for the monthly and then cancel after getting the 10%?

Top