Expired Hot Deals

Google Store

Free Pixel Buds A with Pixel 6/Pro purchase + up to $500 trade-in +10% Store Credit with Google One Sub

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 5:22 am
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14986 posts
4623 upvotes
Feb30th wrote: So you downgraded your Google One after you ordered the mini but before receiving the mini credit? I guess the credit didn't arrive until 30 days after product shipped, like it said in the terms?

That's good to know so I guess I better keep my 2TB plan for now until I received the credit, hopefully there will not be a delay in shipment.... my still show Oct 26-27 ship date.
Subscribed 11-27
Ordered Pixel on 11-28
Shipped 11-28
Credit added 12-28
Ordered Nest with credit 01-02
Cancelled subscription 01-04 (no credit from Nest)

I had a free trial so I was only charged for 1 month (on 12-16, subscription ended on 01-16). You'll likely have to pay for 2 months.

So essentially you get $79.90 in credit for spending $28. Net cost $51.92.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Dec 22, 2007
380 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
scottmg wrote: so i assume there's a cost associated with that no? do you still end up coming out ahead?
I'm registered but have not used it. My brother used it and said fee starting out at $7 going up depending on weight/size ... he used it an was satisfied with the service.
They can ship directly to your house for a shipping fee, but there are two pickup places in the GTA region. They also opened in the GVA also.

Sorry, can't give you much more details of personal experience since I haven't used it, but I assumed they have more info on their website. Their Support is also pretty responsive to questions.
May 17, 2017
847 posts
1967 upvotes
vn33 wrote: I'm registered but have not used it. My brother used it and said fee starting out at $7 going up depending on weight/size ... he used it an was satisfied with the service.
They can ship directly to your house for a shipping fee, but there are two pickup places in the GTA region. They also opened in the GVA also.

Sorry, can't give you much more details of personal experience since I haven't used it, but I assumed they have more info on their website. Their Support is also pretty responsive to questions.
thanks for the info
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3371 posts
1722 upvotes
scottmg wrote: so i assume there's a cost associated with that no? do you still end up coming out ahead?
Gotta prepay duties I would believe , making it more expensive, if you use shipping services.

Ship to a friend and bring over int heir carry on, you might come out ahead
Jul 10, 2018
5 posts
Got the 6 pro but couldn't get it and the buds at the same time.

Tried to go to the support center and not only have they disabled the callback feature, but the chat feature is disabled because all agents are busy.

Wow...

Still better than paying a markup to Telus or Bell or whoever but I want those buds or a credit.
Jun 30, 2016
209 posts
566 upvotes
Vancouver
JamesJ25765 wrote: Got the 6 pro but couldn't get it and the buds at the same time.

Tried to go to the support center and not only have they disabled the callback feature, but the chat feature is disabled because all agents are busy.

Wow...

Still better than paying a markup to Telus or Bell or whoever but I want those buds or a credit.
Just keep trying to get Chat support. It refreshes as agents become available. I just got into the queue.
Dec 22, 2007
380 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
DizzyYak wrote: Just keep trying to get Chat support. It refreshes as agents become available. I just got into the queue.
Sorry for my confusion ... but you get the Agent to add the Buds to the order?
It is shown as OOS for the Buds and my Pixel 6 is in my cart.

I guess the appeal for me is to get the PIxel with the free Buds. Otherwise I will just wait.
Jan 31, 2016
58 posts
40 upvotes
DizzyYak wrote: Just keep trying to get Chat support. It refreshes as agents become available. I just got into the queue.
Anyone having any luck getting the buds added or getting some kind of credit? Thanks!
Jun 28, 2006
903 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
I'm currently still using my P2XL. I was going to upgrade to a P5 last year during Black Friday but when there was no discount on BF for it I decided to just wait another year and am glad I did.

I spent the better part of 2 or 3 hours yesterday fighting with the Google store through the sh!tshow that was the launch and finally managed to checkout with a P6 pro, case and the buds.

For everyone who missed out on the buds because of stock issues I would be very surprised if Google didn't just start handing out voucher codes for a free set of buds that you can use at a later date. You will have to fight through to get to their support but I can't see them being so stingy and unprepared to own up to the offer.
Dec 22, 2007
380 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
LOL! I was refreshing the Pixel Buds screen ... pops up I can add one to my basket. Clicked on it and choose Olive colour (only available option). Message of trouble adding to my cart.
Gone OOS! Guess I'm not the only one constantly reffreshing the page!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1540 posts
388 upvotes
stvross wrote: UK gets Bose 700 with purchase......
Deal of the year if they replace the buds with the Bose 700,
Germans had the same deal too
Nov 26, 2020
5 posts
bargain man wrote: I was able to place my order on the US store yesterday for a 128gb seafoam Pixel 6, but the TIV for my pixel 4 was only $140 USD.

The TIV on the Canadian site is $280, and I would trade it in here if the buds were still in stock. The phone is cheaper in the States though which is why I went there first.
Ya I really wanted the 512gb. I may just wait until I can go to the states/pick one up online whenever it's available again. There shouldn't be any issues purchasing from the states and using it in Canada right? Other than the warranty.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2884 posts
670 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Finally got to the checkout page on the site only to get an error that my payments account was suspended.

Have to submit government ID just to buy a phone. What a joke
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2808 posts
237 upvotes
I was DETERMINED not to upgrade this year but then I saw this thread.........
Did not expect such the trade-in value for the Pixel 5

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!
My Heatware
Apr 28, 2017
238 posts
330 upvotes
leafygreen wrote: I managed to get a regular pixel 6. Thankfully not really a fan of the pro models due to curved screen and don't need a telephoto lens.
Exactly my thoughts. I'm upgrading from the One plus 7 Pro. Love everything except the curve screen!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2884 posts
670 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Mistermeeh wrote: Ya I really wanted the 512gb. I may just wait until I can go to the states/pick one up online whenever it's available again. There shouldn't be any issues purchasing from the states and using it in Canada right? Other than the warranty.
I don't forsee any issues. I had a nexus 4 that I purchased on the US store that I was using here without any issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2884 posts
670 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
AnthonyC164432 wrote: Anyone having any luck getting the buds added or getting some kind of credit? Thanks!
I'm currently in the queue, will confirm if I'm successful
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1993 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else notice that there hasn't been any reviews on youtube in regards to performance benchmark or camera functionality on the P6? Seems like Google doesn't want people who have the early access to the phone to start driving down deep and reviewing the main functionality which is a red flag. From a marketing point of view, it would actually be beneficial for Google to allow reviewers to release those numbers if the in house chipset were truly as godly as they say it is. Show us the performance unless of course the performance is terrible and they are trying to hide something in order to increase pre-order sales.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3659 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
EdLeafs wrote: Anyone else notice that there hasn't been any reviews on youtube in regards to performance benchmark or camera functionality on the P6? Seems like Google doesn't want people who have the early access to the phone to start driving down deep and reviewing the main functionality which is a red flag. From a marketing point of view, it would actually be beneficial for Google to allow reviewers to release those numbers if the in house chipset were truly as godly as they say it is. Show us the performance unless of course the performance is terrible and they are trying to hide something in order to increase pre-order sales.
Every manufacturer does this embargo. They can't make video of the phone (unless it's physical related) until the phone is released.
Dec 22, 2007
380 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
EdLeafs wrote: Anyone else notice that there hasn't been any reviews on youtube in regards to performance benchmark or camera functionality on the P6? Seems like Google doesn't want people who have the early access to the phone to start driving down deep and reviewing the main functionality which is a red flag. From a marketing point of view, it would actually be beneficial for Google to allow reviewers to release those numbers if the in house chipset were truly as godly as they say it is. Show us the performance unless of course the performance is terrible and they are trying to hide something in order to increase pre-order sales.
As others mentioned, no details due to embargo, so just unboxing videos only. I would assume Google has a lot of reputation on the line here so they would not be as unwise as hiding any shortcomings.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about benchmarks, and only interested in pre-order due to the free offer of the Pixel Buds

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

hwshi