Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google Store

Free Pixel Buds A with Pixel 6/Pro purchase + up to $500 trade-in +10% Store Credit with Google One Sub

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2022 11:02 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
Who actually managed to check out?
Oct 10, 2011
227 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
cy wrote: Who actually managed to check out?
I would be surprised if anyone has been able to so far
Jul 1, 2021
123 posts
449 upvotes
arcty5 wrote: Is compressed storage saver quality even that great though? You're losing the quality of the original image.
I have a pixel 4a 4g. Basically anything the phone takes is uploaded without quality loss under the compressed storage saver.
1080 30fps videos at 11mbps no loss
12MP photos at 6mb file size no loss

I've been backing up my spouse's iPhone photos too through my pixel and some videos google will resize, you'll see the file size on Google become ~10% smaller (2 different files in google photo) but on phone I can't notice any difference in quality. Maybe if you view on a big screen or print you might notice some difference.
Last edited by herewegoagain on Oct 19th, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
arcty5 wrote: Is compressed storage saver quality even that great though? You're losing the quality of the original image.
Depends what you do with it, you'd have a hard time telling the difference on anything smaller than an 8x10. As someone with 2 kids raised in the digital camera age Unlimited free compressed is a heck of a lot better than nothing. I swear you could stich all the pics of my kids into a full length movie of their entire lives and it would still have a decent framerate.
Sep 9, 2007
377 posts
431 upvotes
Burlington
Who will anyone buy a Pixel at the price of iPhones.
I got a pixel 4a 5G for $5 a month with a credit of $200, 6 months ago from Fido.
May 21, 2015
850 posts
1173 upvotes
Saskatoon
KATAMAPAH wrote: Can someone explain whether it is worth buying the Google extended warranty they offer? Which one is better the $9/month or the $199 option?
$9 per month will give you up to 6 out of warranty claims compared to 2 with the $199 option.
Also, $9 per month is good for 3 years compared to 2 years at $199.
So, $9 per month will come to $324+taxes and keep in mind you also pay a deductible when replacing out-of warranty devices even with these plans.
Apr 1, 2008
304 posts
518 upvotes
cb2200 wrote: I would be surprised if anyone has been able to so far
Sounds like the odd person here and there have, but the errors are happening in the US too.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3175 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
whyami wrote: Pixel 5 and below support unlimited photo storage in google photos.

Pixel 6 does not.
Well, "unlimited" but not really unlimited. Unlimited in los-res but not original res. I've hit my 15GB
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
SpaceWaffle wrote: can't trade in s20 FE so annoying.... highest model I see is S10 series. Anyone else have luck?
Is the P6 even an upgrade from the S20 FE?
Banned
May 17, 2020
50 posts
15 upvotes
getdeals111 wrote: $9 per month will give you up to 6 out of warranty claims compared to 2 with the $199 option.
Also, $9 per month is good for 3 years compared to 2 years at $199.
So, $9 per month will come to $324+taxes and keep in mind you also pay a deductible when replacing out-of warranty devices even with these plans.
how much is the deductible? I couldn't find it. I have never had a single issue with any of my phones, however, after reading reddit pixel page, seems like Google is not strong in QA/QC with their (at least) phones. Also, I still couldn't find the information on how many OS updates the phone is going to receive (I know about the 5 years of sec updates).
Jan 18, 2014
171 posts
187 upvotes
North York
Doesn't show OOS for me but just getting error at checkout
Sep 4, 2007
79 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
mikebmt wrote: Dang, had a P6 and buds in my cart at the start of the event, was himming and hawwing wondering if I should wait for BF deal from Koodo....

And now, poof!
Exactly what happened to me.

Had everything in my cart, buds, 256GB black model with my Note 9 trade in discount.

They took everything out of my cart and crashed the website. Angry Face
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Compressed photos is sufficient if you are going to post for social media or just viewing as is on your phone. You start to see the issues when you zoom in.

I recommend paying for unlimited, whether through Google One, Amazon Photos, Dropbox or whatever.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Google- ... re_id93938

Bottom line is, if you're short on space and are mainly storing photos that you took with your phone, you are mostly A-OK to use the “High quality” setting. You will never, ever, examine any of your photos so up close as to tell the difference between the original and compressed versions.
Mar 14, 2007
568 posts
527 upvotes
Brunswich
DarkReaper wrote: Compressed photos is sufficient if you are going to post for social media or just viewing as is on your phone. You start to see the issues when you zoom in.

I recommend paying for unlimited, whether through Google One, Amazon Photos, Dropbox or whatever.

I ran out of space recently and decided to upgrade to Google One. $30/year for 100gb is all I need.

Additionally you can use the money earned from doing your Google surveys to pay for the sub, so I tell myself it really wasn't any money out of pocket to upgrade to 100gb for the year.
Apr 1, 2008
304 posts
518 upvotes
SigBro wrote: I ran out of space recently and decided to upgrade to Google One. $30/year for 100gb is all I need.

Additionally you can use the money earned from doing your Google surveys to pay for the sub, so I tell myself it really wasn't any money out of pocket to upgrade to 100gb for the year.
Friggin Google quit sending me surveys. I always answered honestly too.
Last edited by abax44 on Oct 19th, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 15, 2006
227 posts
146 upvotes
Montreal
KATAMAPAH wrote: how much is the deductible? I couldn't find it. I have never had a single issue with any of my phones, however, after reading reddit pixel page, seems like Google is not strong in QA/QC with their (at least) phones. Also, I still couldn't find the information on how many OS updates the phone is going to receive (I know about the 5 years of sec updates).
KATAMAPAH wrote: how much is the deductible? I couldn't find it. I have never had a single issue with any of my phones, however, after reading reddit pixel page, seems like Google is not strong in QA/QC with their (at least) phones. Also, I still couldn't find the information on how many OS updates the phone is going to receive (I know about the 5 years of sec updates).
It's 3 years of Major OS updates (until October 2024) and 5 years of security updates for the P6s
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3481 posts
3863 upvotes
Antarctica
I think I’ll wait and see how the early adopter experience pans out. If google really did fix their ever present QC issues with this iteration, this might be the pixel to keep long term and win me back from iPhone again.
May 11, 2014
678 posts
411 upvotes
BC
If you have prime Amazon gives free photo only storage unlimited. Which is good enough. Videos get scaled down too much on Google photos saver option anyway.

Just back them up manually every month or buy more hq storage.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)