Expired Hot Deals

[Google Store] Google Pixel Slate 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 $849, 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor $1549 including Keyboard and pen

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 10:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4206 posts
2535 upvotes

Google Pixel Slate 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 $849, 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor $1549 including Keyboard and pen

Deal Link:
Price:
from $849
Savings:
up to $838
Retailer:
Google Store
Google Pixel Slate (8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 8GB RAM 128 GB Storage) for $849 including Google Pixel Slate Keyboard ($259 value) OR Brydge G-Type Keyboard ($219.99 value) AND Pixelbook Pen ($129 value) for a total rebate of up to $838 depending on the keyboard selected

AND

Google Pixel Slate (8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 8GB RAM 256GB Storage) for $1549 including Google Pixel Slate Keyboard ($259 value) OR Brydge G-Type Keyboard ($219.99 value) AND Pixelbook Pen ($129 value) for a total rebate of up to $838 depending on the keyboard selected

https://store.google.com/ca/config/pixel_slate?hl=en-CA

Don't forget to add the keyboard AND the pen to your order, they are not automatically selected.

I just received today my google Pixel Slate core i5 tablet, with the bundled keyboard and the pen. They are shipped in two separate orders, one for the tablet, and one for the keyboard and the pen.

Thanks to @zarfilg who posted the original deal https://forums.redflagdeals.com/google- ... 9-2333675/ that have been moved to expired hot deals. Deal has been extended by Google. The Google Pixel Slate 8th Gen Intel® Core™ M3 Processor is actually OOS on the Google Store.

You can find the same deal at Best Buy, until Dec 12th, but it looks like there is only the Google Pixel Slate 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor available with the keyboard and the pen bundle, https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/go ... h/B0012270 the Google Pixel Slate 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 Processor is still available, but without the bundle https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/go ... e/13051202

****EDIT**** Core i5 now OOS @ Google Store. May be available at other retailers. i7 for $1500 does not worth it IMHO.
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Dec 10th, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
106 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4206 posts
2535 upvotes
Kwirky wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 5:59 pm
Just so anyone considering this is aware, Google says it’s done making tablets, they're just trying to unload stock at this point.
There is no ssue with the fact that Google stops marketing tablets. Chrome OS will continue to be developed AND updated. Like if Apple stops to make iPhones, they will still update IOS for the IPad.

Chrome OS is not only for the Pixel Slate. Many devices use Chrome OS
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3655 posts
623 upvotes
Hamilton
Wouldn't an ms surface pro 6 make more sense?
I think it had a similar price sale.
Amazon had a sp5 for $699
Costco had sp7 bundles for $1299 and up I believe.
They also had sp6 bundles for 899.

Anyhow.im curious why people in general would choose this over a full ms computer / tablet at a similar price?
May 4, 2015
48 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks op for posting but a ChromeOS can be very limited depends on what you want. A previous gen surface as mentioned above (or even iPad) is a much versatile device.
Dec 14, 2008
19 posts
29 upvotes
chrissssss wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 6:19 pm
Thanks op for posting but a ChromeOS can be very limited depends on what you want. A previous gen surface as mentioned above (or even iPad) is a much versatile device.
Only good argument I guess might be choosing this over an iPad for development stuff since you can run Linux programs, but yeah a surface would be better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4206 posts
2535 upvotes
sidshock wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 6:12 pm
Wouldn't an ms surface pro 6 make more sense?
I think it had a similar price sale.
Amazon had a sp5 for $699
Costco had sp7 bundles for $1299 and up I believe.
They also had sp6 bundles for 899.

Anyhow.im curious why people in general would choose this over a full ms computer / tablet at a similar price?
Because IT IS a full tablet/computer. I prefer the Chrome/Google environment than the Microsoft one. And I just hate Apple products. They have nice built products, but I really hate IOS
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4206 posts
2535 upvotes
nuclearhot wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 6:31 pm
1.5k for chrome OS Face With Tears Of Joy
well some prefer pay $1.5K for IOS. To each their own.
Sep 11, 2010
93 posts
76 upvotes
I got the i5 version of this for black friday with the keyboard and pen and it's great. It's a full desktop OS like other people said with a bonus of being able to install android apps.

The keyboard feels really great and the circle keys don't feel cramped. The surface pro keyboard feel smaller compared to it for some reason. Negative is that if you have it folded, the keyboard magnet is not sticking as much. And you need to be a bit techy when using android apps just because some settings are hidden.

Do not buy this without the keyboard, it makes a world of difference.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12730 posts
13363 upvotes
OP, these are life lessons, learn and grow bud.

A $1500 Chromebook won't cut it.
Jun 23, 2017
97 posts
111 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 8:40 pm
OP, these are life lessons, learn and grow bud.

A $1500 Chromebook won't cut it.
That's just your uninformed opinion and you choose to share it in a condescending manner.

I have (in my family) the Pixelbook i5, Slate i5 and a Samsung Chromebook Pro m3. Each of these computers perform significantly better than a similarly specced Windows or Mac. Yes, there may be certain programs that won't run on ChromeOS, but the vast majority of users won't even know they exist. And again, a Chromebook is faster, easier to use, battery lasts longer and way more secure than its Windows or Mac counterpart.

So I have a life lesson for you too: always inform yourself before forming an opinion, or even worse, passing a judgement.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
4860 posts
1661 upvotes
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 10:17 pm
That's just your uninformed opinion and you choose to share it in a condescending manner.

I have (in my family) the Pixelbook i5, Slate i5 and a Samsung Chromebook Pro m3. Each of these computers perform significantly better than a similarly specced Windows or Mac. Yes, there may be certain programs that won't run on ChromeOS, but the vast majority of users won't even know they exist. And again, a Chromebook is faster, easier to use, battery lasts longer and way more secure than its Windows or Mac counterpart.

So I have a life lesson for you too: always inform yourself before forming an opinion, or even worse, passing a judgement.
I think what he meant is that you're paying $1600 for Google to mine your data.
Sep 11, 2010
93 posts
76 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 10:44 pm
I think what he meant is that you're paying $1600 for Google to mine your data.
Well everyone mines your data. That's why most companies nowadays ask you to create an account or link it with facebook and such.

But going back to the deal... $1500 is expensive, but it's not like it is the only option. there is also the $850 i5 version which has a lot of value considering that it also include the keyboard.