300 posts
402 upvotes

Google Pixel Slate M3 64GB + Free Pen $649 / Core i5 128 GB $749

Deal Link:
Price:
$649
Retailer:
Google Store
Great deal, close to last year's Black Friday when keyboard was included for $100 more.

I have the Core i5 version and it's a fantastic device. Super fast, excellent screen 12.3” 3000x2000 (293 ppi), great battery life, updates until 2026. Speaking of updates, the latest one added improved tablet gestures, similar to Android phones.

The original Pixel Slate keyboard seems to be out of stock everywhere, but the Bridge keyboard is on sale on Amazon $109
https://www.amazon.ca/Brydge-G-Type-Wir ... ljaz10cnVl

In my opnion, the best value is the Core I5 version - for only $100 more you get Core i5 vs M3 and 128GB vs 64GB.
https://store.google.com/config/pixel_slate
35 replies
Jan 13, 2013
399 posts
398 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
I've been monitoring the keyboard availability for a few weeks and got lucky last week as one became available (after I placed my order, it went OOS again).
But only the m3 version was available at the time. I've read good things about the m3 version and looked at many benchmark and came to the conclusion that the CPU power difference for $100 isn't worth it, but I didn't take into account the SSD space difference.
Wondering if I should contact them to change my order for an i5.
Also, my order got delayed, which also makes me wonder if they actually have that keyboard in stock haha.

$649 for m3 tablet + keyboard + pen is a very good deal.
~$759 for m3 tablet + pen + brydge keyboard (from Amazon) is also a good deal IMO.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1969 posts
1325 upvotes
Hamilton
Wasn't the last deal (March) $649 with Keyboard and Pen?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1210 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto, ON
friends don't let friends order chrome OS devices for more than $300...
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
300 posts
402 upvotes
alkaint wrote: friends don't let friends order chrome OS devices for more than $300...
Ignorant friends don't let friends order chrome OS devices for more than $300... Fixed it for you.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6242 posts
2090 upvotes
alkaint wrote: friends don't let friends order chrome OS devices for more than $300...
+1. Bought the i7. Lagged so much in chrome.
Dec 22, 2018
28 posts
91 upvotes
I ordered the Slate on a previous sale and ultimately returned it. Build quality is great, but my old Chromebook Plus is still a more practical device. The Slate is a bit awkward as a laptop and a bit awkward as a tablet. I'd look at the Lenovo Duet, if you're looking for a cheaper device like this.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1210 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SilvianC206347 wrote: Ignorant friends don't let friends order chrome OS devices for more than $300... Fixed it for you.
Do you understand why these don't sell very well? Clearly you're the ignorant one, Google has a problem where they have too much money and don't care about how well their products sell compared to the price they sell for, bought a samsung chromebook for $150 and its great as a basic device, that is all these are. You should not be paying $300+ for a basic device lol.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2017
300 posts
402 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Do you understand why these don't sell very well? Clearly you're the ignorant one, Google has a problem where they have too much money and don't care about how well their products sell compared to the price they sell for, bought a samsung chromebook for $150 and its great as a basic device, that is all these are. You should not be paying $300+ for a basic device lol.
If you're not interested in Chrome OS, why are you on this thread? Just to post your uninformed and hateful opinion? Find a hobby.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3373 posts
2879 upvotes
Toronto
i ordered one during last sale when it was at $599 for keyboard and pen. after reading other people's issues and complains about it, i decided to cancel
Jul 21, 2013
742 posts
405 upvotes
Calgary
SilvianC206347 wrote: If you're not interested in Chrome OS, why are you on this thread? Just to post your uninformed and hateful opinion? Find a hobby.
Well I was looking into getting this, now I'm doubting and after reading more reviews, I rather go with a regular Android tablet and skip this overpriced thing.
Apr 21, 2015
317 posts
336 upvotes
Calgary, AB
SilvianC206347 wrote: If you're not interested in Chrome OS, why are you on this thread? Just to post your uninformed and hateful opinion? Find a hobby.
It's almost like this is a discussion forum for deals.. And you can upvote and downvote. Almost like it encourages user input..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7543 posts
5011 upvotes
Canada
Roger21 wrote: Well I was looking into getting this, now I'm doubting and after reading more reviews, I rather go with a regular Android tablet and skip this overpriced thing.
Android tablets are DOA. Most manufacturers have given up. Anything is better than an android tablet: Ipad, surface go, Chromebook tablets etc.

A chromebook tablet is much more usable and better supported, even something like the new $399 Lenovo duet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7378 posts
262 upvotes
BC
Roger21 wrote: Well I was looking into getting this, now I'm doubting and after reading more reviews, I rather go with a regular Android tablet and skip this overpriced thing.
I suggest getting a cheap $300 ish chromebook to try; It's great for basic stuff like web, email, youtube.
Unfortunately, there isn't many great choices for Android tablets. Hate to say it, iPad is much better option for tablet.
insert witty comment
Jan 28, 2014
624 posts
237 upvotes
manixc wrote: I suggest getting a cheap $300 ish chromebook to try; It's great for basic stuff like web, email, youtube.
Unfortunately, there isn't many great choices for Android tablets. Hate to say it, iPad is much better option for tablet.
Is it true Google drops support after 2 years like a cell phone?
If so it's a hard pass would rather get a PC with similar specs that can be updated 5+ years.