Cell Phones

Google Voice hijacks Hangouts Outgoing Caller ID

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2016 11:31 am
Aug 21, 2003
383 posts
53 upvotes

Google Voice hijacks Hangouts Outgoing Caller ID

Hi all, prior to getting a Google Voice number my Hangouts app showed my cellular number as the outgoing caller ID. now that I've got a Google Voice number it instead shows the GV number as the outgoing caller ID.
Is there a way to change that so that I continue to keep the GV number but have the cellular number used as the outgoing caller ID?
2 replies
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
urban wrote: Hi all, prior to getting a Google Voice number my Hangouts app showed my cellular number as the outgoing caller ID. now that I've got a Google Voice number it instead shows the GV number as the outgoing caller ID.
Is there a way to change that so that I continue to keep the GV number but have the cellular number used as the outgoing caller ID?
Easy way.. Setup another Google account on your phone, and use that as you hangouts dialer account & verify your cell #.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Aug 21, 2003
383 posts
53 upvotes
Thanks. That's what I thought. I was hoping I didn't have to create another google account.
techfox wrote: Easy way.. Setup another Google account on your phone, and use that as you hangouts dialer account & verify your cell #.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)