• Dec 24th, 2017 2:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 7:24 pm
Weird... already got Obi 200 but friends with older obi 100/110 are saying their devices are back to working with GV... temp situation??
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php? ... 9#msg86119
SteveinWA wrote:As I have posted elsewhere, here is what is happening:

Google has a very large number of XMPP servers spread across many US data centers for load balancing, and to connect users to the closest working server. It is taking them a long time to update the servers. There is currently a year-end change freeze in place, so no updates are being done. It is entirely possible that one or more servers were previously taken offline for hardware failures, repaired, restored with an older image, and put back online.

It really, truly is pointless to look at this as any sort of death-row-sentence reprieve, or to speculate on whether or not you will be able to continue to use the 100/110 products directly with Google Voice. The devices will stop working eventually.

I am not guessing or speculating on this. It is based on my conversation with a Google Voice software engineer yesterday.

BUT . . .

There's some hope: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13385.0!!

And now there's a fix.
Edit: There's a video posted by someone on youtube demonstrating how to patch the firmware. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, so search for it.
You can also visit the notes of the youtube video for Windows instructions.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Dec 21st, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4038 posts
1128 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Can one download Obi 100/110 settings to file and then upload same file to Obi 200?

Trying to save some configuring time for several Obi users. Includes sip [voipms] and Google Voice settings.

From what I gather it should work except for passwords??

Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 12:26 pm
Can one download Obi 100/110 settings to file and then upload same file to Obi 200?

Trying to save some configuring time for several Obi users. Includes sip [voipms] and Google Voice settings.

From what I gather it should work except for passwords??

Thanks.
I’ve never tried it. Can’t advise. Others claim to have and were successful using local device IP (and not Obitalk.com). I suspect you’ll need to re-provision GV using Obitalk.com, regardless.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.