Hot Deals

[Google] [YMMW] Free Google Home Mini for Google One subscribers registered before Aug 6th

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 6:54 pm
[OP]
Mar 14, 2016
165 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto

[YMMW] Free Google Home Mini for Google One subscribers registered before Aug 6th

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
August 30, 2019
Retailer:
Google
Just got an email from Google One (their cloud backup service) that all subscribers from before Aug 6th can redeem 1 free Google Mini. Pretty cool deal that was unexpected, check your emails if you're a subscriber! Must be redeemed by Aug 30th, 2019.

Deal is offered as a redemption code that (maybe) anyone can use. Terms and Conditions in thread summary.

Shipping is not free - $4.99 + taxes for the shipping cost is the minimum unless you also make a $45+ purchase.
Only seems to work on the Chalk colourway of the Mini. Tried with Charcoal and the promo code was not valid.

EDIT: Thanks @zhuyyu for the tip to login to your Google One account to find the offer if you did not get an email:
zhuyyu wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:34 pm
https://one.google.com/home?hl=en
scroll down on this page.
Last edited by kebnroo on Aug 14th, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Current consensus is that you must be a paid monthly/yearly subscriber (100gb, 200bg, 2tb, etc) to be eligible.

Terms & Conditions

Promotional code offer is provided by Google for use on Google Store Canada only, and subject to the following terms. Offer ends 30 August 2019. Available only to users who activated a Google One account before 6 August 2019. Code is valid for one redemption per Google One plan. Must be age 18 or older. User must have internet access and must have or add a form of payment at checkout, but may not be charged depending on shipping rates in your region.

To redeem your promotional code, visit the Google Store at store.google.com, add a Google Home Mini to your cart, and enter the promotional code during checkout to receive a 100% discount on the purchase price of a Google Home Mini. Promotional code discount will be applied at checkout. Promotional code must be redeemed by 30 August 2019 or it will expire. Promotional codes do not apply to shipping costs, cannot be applied to previous purchases, and cannot be combined with other offers. Promotional codes may be redeemed only on Google Store for eligible items as allowed by applicable laws. Available only while supplies last. See additional Google Store Promotion Terms for more information.
214 replies
Sep 23, 2013
387 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Got the email, redeemed right away. $4.99 shipping. Cool beans
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3972 posts
835 upvotes
Got it too and came to check if it had been posted.

Costs $4.99 for shipping, unless you buy something to qualify for free shipping (over $45).
Jan 28, 2018
596 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto, ON
percy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:04 pm
I've already got a Google Home and 2 Minis but I'll take another one for $4.99 shipping. I'm sure I could use one in the bathroom when I'm doing my business.
Mate I have 3 Minis and 3 Echos. I'm out of rooms to use them in.
We The North!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1057 posts
403 upvotes
Sask
Clicked redeem and it added the chalk colour to my cart. Manually removed and added charcoal colour but redemption code doesn't seem to be valid. Is this only good for certain colour?
Sep 8, 2013
439 posts
107 upvotes
North York
I pay for 100GB of Google Drive, is that Google One? Should I be getting this email?

Edit: as others suggested I found it in the Google One app.
Last edited by TheGivingTree on Aug 12th, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2004
179 posts
74 upvotes
Kelowna
ced2334 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:09 pm
Clicked redeem and it added the chalk colour to my cart. Manually removed and added charcoal colour but redemption code doesn't seem to be valid. Is this only good for certain colour?
Seems like it. I tried to manually add the teal variant and the discount did not apply (even after manually entering the code).
Jul 19, 2013
27 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Got my email and redeemed my google home mini.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3972 posts
835 upvotes
TheGivingTree wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:11 pm
I pay for 100GB of Google Drive, is that Google One? Should I be getting this email?
Are you a Google One member? You will get a monthly invoice for ~$2.79 for 100GBs. There could also be an annual plan but I'm not sure what that is.

Check your last invoice.
Last edited by jcon on Aug 12th, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 21, 2009
218 posts
163 upvotes
Hamilton
Got a message in my inbox that I was being gifted a Google Home Mini. I redeemed it and paid $5 for shipping. Check your inboxes if you are a subscriber.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1057 posts
403 upvotes
Sask
TheGivingTree wrote:
Aug 12th, 2019 5:11 pm
Sounds like you should. Go into Google Play and check the subscriptions. It should show your Google one subscription in there.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)