Hot Deals

[Google] YouTube Premium & YouTube Music Premium $6.99/4.99 a month for students

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 11:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6121 posts
955 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 10:14 am
I had both, I switched from Russian to Indian, and while he Russian had the odd chart specific to Russia, the Indian subscription is purely Indian only charts. You have to manually search for any artist.

Annoying if like me, you listen to Google's playlists etc
Try Youtube Music instead of Google Play Music. I'm signed up with an Indian account and I'm not seeing any Indian playlists, just relevant genres / artists that I setup on the first launch.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Dec 5, 2018
103 posts
72 upvotes
townie22 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 11:43 am
i joined a few months ago via the Ukrainian/Russia method and my monthly total is $4.15/month all in.
Yep, I paid that for the individual subscription (199 rubles). Family plan is 299 rubles = 6.15 CAD. In India the family plan is 189 rupees = 3.65 CAD.

But I regret changing, because paying with PayPal is better IMO. The VPN servers are hard to find now in Russia -I passed 30 min finding one to reactivate my membership- and YouTube now ask to verify your geo location with your phone number. That wasn't there a few months ago. It didn't work and I had to use the Indian method.

Btw I tried a few more countries and Argentina offers a good price too. Comparable to Russia's but no PayPal option.
May 6, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, ON.
So if I want to do this Indian discount method, do I have to cancel all of my current subscriptions?

Also, is this possible with Google Business accounts? Say for like Domains and such?
Jul 2, 2007
154 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 3:27 am
Anyone can confirm Spotify India trick works?
Nope, tried using Stack and MC, it didn't work.
Sep 8, 2004
903 posts
80 upvotes
I was able to sign up via India (VPN) and access it without the VPN, I'm having trouble adding family members with the invites.

I'm still getting "looks like you're in a different country" - added a payment method in India for my wife's account, invited from mine, tried to accept invitation, nfg. With VPN set to India.

Hmmm... I must have missed a step or not re-signed in or something weird.

Anyone else having issues doing invites with the India Family plan deal?
m2teach wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 11:10 am
I did india, but not getting the same problems. I get normal playlists. Credit Card payment was taken in Indian currency so I have to think all is good.

1. download and have tunnel bear running to india
2. Went to google pay for every account that would be under family plan. Changed all payment profiles to India.
3. Went to youtube premium subscription. logged in under the main one that would be managing.
4. signed up. after it prompts to add more.
5. Sent invites to each member I wanted to add.
6. Logged in as each individual person Invited. Accepted invite in their email (takes you to a page that manages people. Make sure you have switched to the account you are accepting from)
7. Once they said you are in. Go log in as the next person, go again.
8. When all done, turn off tunnel bear.

That's my process, right or wrong. Curious though. Had it all set up through a different personal account first and then added family members. Didn't like that with google home stuff. Had to go back and cancel everything and redo under a family account we have and invite members under that so it plays nice with google home stuff. That stuff has been the most confusing. On a side note, stupid Youtube Music doesn't work with google home if you ask to play your playlist. Need to still use google music or spotify...oh the irony in all of it :)

Edit: tee hee...went to different areas in google music. Top of charts was all Indian :) No biggie. quick search and all my history is quickly populating.
Jan 25, 2015
394 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
StephenC425340 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 2:38 pm
So if I want to do this Indian discount method, do I have to cancel all of my current subscriptions?

Also, is this possible with Google Business accounts? Say for like Domains and such?
Family accounts did not work with my G-suite hosted account, so I had to use a @gmail.com account.

You will have to cancel your subscription.
Once cancelled ADD your Family members.
Subscrie to Youtube Premium (using indian VPN, put your Indian billing address)
Jan 11, 2008
182 posts
62 upvotes
With Vanced, you can set preferred video quality for Wi-Fi/cellular. Major plus over the official YouTube app IMO.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1754 posts
764 upvotes
Fredericton
If you have a valid alumni account with whatever institution you went to, you should be able to get verified via SheerID. It worked for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2021 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
is google play like spotify?

I really want google premium because of the silly ads on mobile... any input?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1673 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto
Installed TunnelBear, hopped onto an Indian VPN. Signed up, was super easy. Used my real Canadian Credit card (i already had it on google pay from before for buying apps and stuff), didn't have to change any settings in Google Pay like some posts said.

Didn't even have to enter any indian address either it just asked me what city i was in, I put new delhi.

Payment with through with all canadian details.

so glad i dont have to put up with youtube ads anymore.

update: so i invited a few of my family members, they literally just got an email saying i invited them, clicked a link, accepted the invite, and that was it. no changing anything on google pay or any of that. super simple process. I did not use a VPN when accepting the family invite.
Aug 11, 2017
442 posts
221 upvotes
Waiting for this to include free ghm before I subscribe
Nov 20, 2017
632 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Landon99 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 7:43 am
Waiting for this to include free ghm before I subscribe
What is ghm?
Sep 20, 2018
170 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
BengaliPrince wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 1:56 am
Installed TunnelBear, hopped onto an Indian VPN. Signed up, was super easy. Used my real Canadian Credit card (i already had it on google pay from before for buying apps and stuff), didn't have to change any settings in Google Pay like some posts said.

Didn't even have to enter any indian address either it just asked me what city i was in, I put new delhi.

Payment with through with all canadian details.

so glad i dont have to put up with youtube ads anymore.

update: so i invited a few of my family members, they literally just got an email saying i invited them, clicked a link, accepted the invite, and that was it. no changing anything on google pay or any of that. super simple process. I did not use a VPN when accepting the family invite.
Same, no address or anything was painless.
Swapped from Russia PayPal at 199rubles.