Expired Hot Deals

[Google] YouTube Premium & YouTube Music Premium $6.99/4.99 a month for students

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 7:22 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
1724 posts
1402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
john.canad wrote: Why do people spend so much time on YT on a non-computer device...
Youtube is YouTube. What does it matter what device it's played on?
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2011
939 posts
610 upvotes
Whitby
john.canad wrote: Why do people spend so much time on YT on a non-computer device...
Because YouTube is for media consumption, majority of the population now don't use a computer even for other use cases these days. I use a computer only when I work from home, I get everything else done via my mobile and I watch YouTube mostly on my Android Tv.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3091 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver
abshahul wrote: Because YouTube is for media consumption, majority of the population now don't use a computer even for other use cases these days. I use a computer only when I work from home, I get everything else done via my mobile and I watch YouTube mostly on my Android Tv.
Just buy a Chromecast for $20 and boom, no subscription services required
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3091 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver
Wrestlemania wrote: Youtube is YouTube. What does it matter what device it's played on?
I just don't get what people watch on YT that they need to pay to remove ads
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2011
939 posts
610 upvotes
Whitby
john.canad wrote: Just buy a Chromecast for $20 and boom, no subscription services required
Oh really? 🤦🏾‍♂️ All we people who have subscribed here are not ignorant, we know what we're doing man.
john.canad wrote: I just don't get what people watch on YT that they need to pay to remove ads
YouTube is not just video, all Indian movies' soundtrack gets released in YT first then iTunes and others. And there's a lot of original content like Kobra Kai. And you're forgetting, this subscription includes Google play music as well. So for less than $4 for 6 ppl, this is totally worth it.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Jr. Member
Aug 11, 2018
117 posts
38 upvotes
john.canad wrote: Why do people spend so much time on YT on a non-computer device...
We use it as a entertainment platform, and watch different content then you I assume. Where do you watch Netflix?
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Jr. Member
Aug 11, 2018
117 posts
38 upvotes
john.canad wrote: Just buy a Chromecast for $20 and boom, no subscription services required
How would a Chromecast avoid ads? By using Adblock and casting from a PC?
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Member
Nov 17, 2014
324 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto, ON
john.canad wrote: Have people never heard of an ad blocker?
john.canad wrote: Why do people spend so much time on YT on a non-computer device...
john.canad wrote: Just buy a Chromecast for $20 and boom, no subscription services required
Play music, YouTube premium content, not have to deal with adblocker and so on....
Koodo
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3091 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver
abshahul wrote: Oh really? 🤦🏾‍♂️ All we people who have subscribed here are not ignorant, we know what we're doing man.
YouTube is not just video, all Indian movies' soundtrack gets released in YT first then iTunes and others. And there's a lot of original content like Kobra Kai. And you're forgetting, this subscription includes Google play music as well. So for less than $4 for 6 ppl, this is totally worth it.
Ok Indian movies... great... seems like an isolated case
JeffryM3810 wrote: We use it as a entertainment platform, and watch different content then you I assume. Where do you watch Netflix?
There are shows worth paying for on Netflix
JeffryM3810 wrote: How would a Chromecast avoid ads? By using Adblock and casting from a PC?
Yes
timbertick wrote: Play music, YouTube premium content, not have to deal with adblocker and so on....
So you don't have an ad blocker on your browser currently? Also what is the difference between play music and YT music

Premium content is basically wannabe celebrities trying to get famous the only way they can... I don't see the appeal
Sr. Member
Nov 16, 2013
528 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
habsfan9 wrote: Step by Step of how I've done it for 2 accounts.

1. Setup NEW Google accounts (with legit info if you want) for yourself and 5 of your "family" members -- they can create their own accounts. (as a precaution in case Google decides to ban our Google accounts for TOS violations - don't want to lose access to my primary gmail account that's almost 15 years old).
2. Go to http://families.google.com and invite your family members (using their NEW gmail accounts).
3. Ensure all your family members have accepted your invitation.
4. Using a VPN or proxy, using an Indian IP go to http://youtube.com/premium & sign up for the family account.
5.. On the payment page, put your real information for all field except STATE and ZIP; Select any state you want and Google "Indian State ZIP" (replacing "Indian state" with the actual state you've selected form drop down menu) to get the corresponding ZIP code said state.
6. Complete the sign up.
7. Profit
Any suggestions for VPN only for this purpose
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
2196 posts
2007 upvotes
Alberta
vivmk20 wrote: Any suggestions for VPN only for this purpose
TunnelBear. Works great and its free. That's what I used.
Jr. Member
Jun 20, 2010
112 posts
141 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks to the OP. Just signed up via India method using my VPN Unlimited account. Working great so far

Top