383 posts
3198 upvotes

Free Android App : Manual Camera : DSLR - Camera

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Googleplay
This Manual Camera DSLR app will turn your phone into professional camera like, with fully manual camera control on ISO, shutter speed, exposure, manual focus and another features like a professional camera, which can bring your mobile photography to the next level. Take the best capture of your photo and even record your video in 4K UHD resolution.

☆ DSLR Camera HD Professional main features : ☆

✓ Control exposure
✓ Control white balance
✓ Manual ISO *
✓ Manual focus *
✓ Control shutter speed *
✓ Save RAW photo *
✓ Real time filter / color effect
✓ 4K camera recording (on supported devices)
✓ Timelapse / fast motion video
✓ Slow motion video *
✓ Set video frame rate and bit rate
✓ Intervalometer / interval shot
✓ Geotagging
✓ Photo stamping

* Require Android 5.0+ with Camera2API enabled by phone manufacture.
24 replies
Apr 14, 2017
61 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks OP! Looks like a great app. I'll likely make it my main camera app.
Jul 17, 2012
769 posts
347 upvotes
Kamloops
downloaded it but no manual shutter speed. how do you enable that API? i a using a sony 1 ii. kind redundant to get this app since the sony app are pretty good. i'll put this on another phone later which doesn't have the sony pro photo apps.

overall the fastest camera is still google pixel. the sony 1 ii has a huge delay when screen is off and pressing the camera button takes a while for app to pop up and miss the shot.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13390 posts
2609 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
muscleking wrote: overall the fastest camera is still google pixel. the sony 1 ii has a huge delay when screen is off and pressing the camera button takes a while for app to pop up and miss the shot.
Weird. I have an XZ1 Compact and the camera app pops up pretty quickly for me. It's less than a second from when you press the camera button (bzzz) to the camera screen. It briefly shows the home screen when the phone wakes up.

Agree that the (latest) Sony Camera app is pretty good.
Last edited by rabbit on May 5th, 2021 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 26, 2013
222 posts
161 upvotes
Twin Peaks
If it's free, then you are the product.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13390 posts
2609 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
HuoShing wrote: If it's free, then you are the product.
Yep, just like Red Flag Deals.
Penalty Box
Nov 11, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
@home
In b4

"product is free and steals your user data and facial recognition, China, they are watching, look at the permissions it is asking for!"
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4997 posts
7077 upvotes
Vancouver
muscleking wrote: downloaded it but no manual shutter speed. how do you enable that API? i a using a sony 1 ii. kind redundant to get this app since the sony app are pretty good. i'll put this on another phone later which doesn't have the sony pro photo apps.

overall the fastest camera is still google pixel. the sony 1 ii has a huge delay when screen is off and pressing the camera button takes a while for app to pop up and miss the shot.
Too know if your phone supports certain manual options, one needs to instal some Manual Camera Compatibility Test like this one [free!] and see...

No App can do without hardware support...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2596 posts
1645 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Would one still find this app useful if you have a Huawei P40 PRO or a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20 Ultra 5G ? These phones have advanced cameras, don't they?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1363 posts
699 upvotes
GTA
rabbit wrote: Yep, just like Red Flag Deals.
RedFlagDeals is supported by sponsored content and affiliate links.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
2044 posts
320 upvotes
Free Android App, all you have to do it give it permission to your entire phone! Of course, it's a "Camera" so it needs all these permissions, what a great way to hide "spyware" Face With Tears Of Joy.
Photos/Media/Files
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Microphone
record audio

Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections

Camera
take pictures and videos

Other
view network connections
full network access
prevent device from sleeping
read Google service configuration
Jul 15, 2003
752 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa
roggers wrote: Free Android App, all you have to do it give it permission to your entire phone! Of course, it's a "Camera" so it needs all these permissions, what a great way to hide "spyware" Face With Tears Of Joy.
Most of these seem to be what most camera apps need for capturing photos and video:
- Photos/Media/Files
- Storage
- Microphone
- Location (location is saved in EXIF data)
- Camera
- prevent device from sleeping

But these are a little more suspicious:
- Wi-Fi connection information
- view network connections
- full network access
- read Google service configuration
Nov 25, 2012
9 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
Now that's helpful.
rodenti wrote: Most of these seem to be what most camera apps need for capturing photos and video:
- Photos/Media/Files
- Storage
- Microphone
- Location (location is saved in EXIF data)
- Camera
- prevent device from sleeping

But these are a little more suspicious:
- Wi-Fi connection information
- view network connections
- full network access
- read Google service configuration
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2764 posts
1377 upvotes
EDMONTON
Sweet. Thank you.

I was actually debating on purchasing this last week when I got my new phone.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1108 posts
538 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
So how does this turn your phone camera into a Digital Single Lens Reflex? Do you bolt on the mirror and a decent lens?

Might as well add a Porsche badge to your Kia while you are at it.
#melnykout
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13390 posts
2609 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
MadCanadian wrote: RedFlagDeals is supported by sponsored content and affiliate links.
Do you pay to use RFD? I sure don't; therefore, I am the product. I provide content to this site, which draws viewership. Because of this viewership, companies pay RFD to place ads or for referral clicks. In other words, these companies are paying because of us, the people (aka product) who read and post on RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1363 posts
699 upvotes
GTA
rabbit wrote: Do you pay to use RFD? I sure don't; therefore, I am the product. I provide content to this site, which draws viewership. Because of this viewership, companies pay RFD to place ads or for referral clicks. In other words, these companies are paying because of us, the people (aka product) who read and post on RFD.
And we agree to that cause we visibly know how RFD makes money and how our attention to RFD keeps the site and development costs up.
RFD is transparent in the data they use, and backed by a large company to ensure they follow the legal claims that define what they take and what they share with paying companies.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13390 posts
2609 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Blah blah, woof woof. Are we the product or aren't we?

Obviously I'm not against RFD or I wouldn't be here, so I don't know what you're going on about.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16054 posts
4638 upvotes
Scarberia
Is this better than the google camera?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>