Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Nova Launcher Prime - $1 (80% off for limited time)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2016 9:13 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9369 posts
12856 upvotes
GT-EH

[Google.com] Nova Launcher Prime - $1 (80% off for limited time)

Deal Link:
Price:
$0.99
Savings:
80% Off
More offers from Google.com

Nova Launcher Prime 80% off for limited time only.

As always when Nova is on sale: Go buy it if you haven't yet.

This is probably the best android launcher with a ton of features - For $1, you can't go wrong.

What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
72 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12316 posts
1867 upvotes
Kanata
My favourite launcher, love the ability to customize.
Nov 5, 2015
147 posts
116 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Honesly, my S6 Edge has been way more fun to play with this Launcher than with Sammy'stock launcher.

Big plus for me.
Feb 7, 2009
739 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Agreed, great launcher. I got the same deal 3+ years ago and still use it!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6809 posts
5264 upvotes
Toronto
Great app...been using this on my Note 4 for the past year.
Feb 4, 2015
470 posts
1158 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Can somewhat explain what this does exactly? I have pondered trying a launcher but it doesn't seem like it does very much.. for example from the store page:

• Gestures - I guess this is new, but is pressing on the icon that much work? (one button press vs one gesture)
• Unread Counts - android already does this?
• Custom Drawer Groups - android can already group apps into drawers?
• Hide Apps - Doesn't everyone just put apps on the main nav pages? Who uses "Apps" to launch them?
• Icon Swipes - Not sure what this means..
• More scroll effects - I guess this would be new, this the main advantage?
Jul 15, 2003
682 posts
757 upvotes
Verdic wrote: Can somewhat explain what this does exactly? I have pondered trying a launcher but it doesn't seem like it does very much.. for example from the store page:

• Gestures - I guess this is new, but is pressing on the icon that much work? (one button press vs one gesture)
• Hide Apps - Doesn't everyone just put apps on the main nav pages? Who uses "Apps" to launch them?
My biggest + is the icon size and # on grid.
Sep 20, 2010
249 posts
154 upvotes
Verdic wrote: Can somewhat explain what this does exactly? I have pondered trying a launcher but it doesn't seem like it does very much.. for example from the store page:

Gestures for pulling down the notification bar because it's difficult on some larger phones to swipe down from the top edge of the screen while holding the phone with one hand. Stuff like this is one of the best reasons for using a launcher.
Examples:
Swipe up app drawer
Swipe down notification drawer
Swipe up two fingers for Muzei to change wallpaper
Swipe down to fingers to turn off the screen and lock the device
Swipe the Phone icon to direct dial SO
Swipe Messenger to bring up Hangouts

Basically, it's just more customization and a closer to stock feel without having to root your phone or flash another ROM.
If you're the type that likes to tinker then this is a must.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1288 posts
968 upvotes
North York
Got it and used it for the past half hr. Very well worth the money
Feb 23, 2008
199 posts
210 upvotes
Epiclemon wrote: Agreed, great launcher. I got the same deal 3+ years ago and still use it!
Same! Been trying a lot others until I found them few years ago and stuck with them...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Does this make the phone faster at all? A friend has a Zenfone and is sick of Asus' interface and asked me about it.
Nov 30, 2014
203 posts
254 upvotes
Thanks!

I have been trying to rack up enough money from Google Rewards because I didnt want to pay $6 for this app.. Only racked up about $2.50 but I am able to buy it now!
Dec 11, 2007
235 posts
90 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont
My favorite Android Launcher! Use it on every device I own highly recommend it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6362 posts
4557 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the launcher from a few sales ago. At first, it's a bit overwhelming cause I don't know where to start/how to customize. What's the best starting point?
Sep 20, 2007
529 posts
168 upvotes
Last time this went on sale I grabbed it and completely forgot about it. A few months later I was complaining about how slow my old Nexus 4 was. Then I remembered I had this launcher so I tried it out. It was actually much smoother and faster than the normal launcher. For newer, faster phones, people may not notice, but on my old phone I noticed it. It still does slow down from time to time but that's just the Nexus 4 lol. Pretty pleased with this launcher. A lot of customization options too and I like how you get the extra row of icons.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19788 posts
5914 upvotes
Too bad it won't work on my Nexus Players. Have it installed already on my Nexus tablet. I don't even notice it...

Thanks for the heads up though...
Nov 20, 2013
120 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
Sorry for the naïve question... once purchased, can it be used in all the Android devices I own? Or should I pay for each device?