Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GoPro.com

UPDATE: GoPro Hero 8 25% off YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 8:54 pm
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
vtse wrote: Got the deal along with the 50% off accessories with GoPro Plus, thanks for sharing!

Only applies to the HERO 8 camera itself.
Thanks, I couldn't get the coupon as they keep saying it doesn't exist - I guess I will wait for black firday
Dec 21, 2012
490 posts
869 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
MoreDealsPlease wrote: So in summary
This deal: $299 USD == 391.50 CAD + $57 for UPS + $51 Ontario Tax = ~$500CAD
Buying from anywhere else in Canada (assuming no discount): $529.99 + $69 Ontario Tax = $599CAD
If you actually read the posts, members are saying there's no tax or brokerage fees. Only $20USD for shipping.
vtse wrote: Not sure what the $57 is, but the $20 USD shipping, according to others, covers everything including taxes.

Don't forget 3% cashback with Rakuten too.
They are assuming that the traditional $50+HST brokerage fee will be applied.
Freefast99 wrote: I have updated the thread to include the 25% coupon! I have never been dinged tax or duty purchasing direct from gopro
Right, but in your OP, you indicated you do cross border pick up. Are you shipping directly to your Canadian address?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
zackaroli wrote: Thanks, I couldn't get the coupon as they keep saying it doesn't exist - I guess I will wait for black firday
Had the same issue, went through 3 reps before they offered it to me. Don't give up if you really want to pick one up now!
Dec 5, 2017
85 posts
283 upvotes
whoace wrote: If you actually read the posts, members are saying there's no tax or brokerage fees. Only $20USD for shipping.

They are assuming that the traditional $50+HST brokerage fee will be applied.

Right, but in your OP, you indicated you do cross border pick up. Are you shipping directly to your Canadian address?

I canceled my trade in and used the 25% off coupon. It's cheaper this way because I won't pay duty, or CBP fees and it's delivered direct to my door. It should come to 319US with no other costs
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
vtse wrote: Not sure what the $57 is, but the $20 USD shipping, according to others, covers everything including taxes.

Don't forget 3% cashback with Rakuten too.
Rakuten on which site?
Dec 16, 2015
214 posts
246 upvotes
Sundre, AB
the brother wrote: in 4 weeks Canadian retailers will be matching this (or better) for BLACK FRIDAY 2019. That way you can use all the gift cards you've been hoarding since the last splurge.
This is very unlikely. Previous black Friday discounts have been on previous models, not brand new releases. I'd imagine there will be incentives of free accessories or a gift card with purchase, but I doubt the camera itself will be discounted.
Jul 24, 2002
576 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
whoace wrote: Did you order from the official site? If so, what were the total charges?
Yes I did, but that was before the 25%... Go for that for sure. I got it just at the regular $399 USD =< But I did get it last week, so paid through the nose for that. *sigh*
KLUTZO
Game geek, Family geek, Videography geek, all round geek!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
flimbs wrote: Rakuten on which site?
Rakuten.com for gopro.com.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
GroundBus wrote: Does 25% apply on the max?
No, only for Hero 8. Did anyone ordered? How long does it take to get to Canada with UPS? If I pick up in US, how much do I save?
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Nov 18, 2004
689 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Agree that the BF discount will not likely be on the new camera. The only thing is that the field is now pretty crowded with DJI's Osmo Action. I like this trade-in idea as I have 2 other older gopros and this would encourage me to stay in the family - but tbh my life isn't that exciting that I need to pay $300USD to see it in 4k HDR... Nonetheless, the RFD effect is in effect...
May 24, 2008
304 posts
237 upvotes
Mississauga
If im interested in the Hero 7 Black, should i wait till Black Friday for best deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
vtse wrote: Rakuten.com for gopro.com.
Ah ok. Too bad it doesn't link up with our Canadian accounts
Nov 4, 2005
78 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Well, Support isn't giving out anymore codes. Confirmed that the 25% coupon is YMMV
Last edited by Qsmooth on Oct 23rd, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
Qsmooth wrote: Well, Support isn't giving out anymore codes. Confirmed that the 25% coupon is dead.
I tried like 4 times then I gave up lol they keep denying it exists.
Oct 10, 2006
464 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Got one 25% off coupon this morning when I mentioned I wanted to trade up from a Hero 2. First attempt and had no issues. Again, YMMV .

Time to hunt around for some compatible ND and red filters. Anyone know if the previous filters for 7 will work on the new 8?
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
Just an update, I was able to get the code just right now, I created an account and added the items to my cart then chatted with sales. I told them about the tradein program where they said it is available in the states only so I asked about the other options, got it on my 5th try.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1122 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the code yesterday at 8:30pm EST, first try the rep offered it. Basically followed the script another user posted earlier in the thread.
If the only extra cost is the $20USD shipping then this is a great deal. If we get charged for taxes, UPS fees and so on this will still be better then what you can get elsewhere. Was gonna buy one regardless so I'm happy.
Jun 3, 2018
23 posts
23 upvotes
Another confirmation, quick chat with customer service and they gave the 25% off when I mentioned being in Canada and looking for the trade-in program. Straight to the point, sent the code then closed the chat.
Nov 4, 2005
78 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
porifis wrote: Another confirmation, quick chat with customer service and they gave the 25% off when I mentioned being in Canada and looking for the trade-in program. Straight to the point, sent the code then closed the chat.
Thanks! That worked!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)