Automotive

Got 13 checks on my G test and still passed?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 4:53 pm
Aug 5, 2007
400 posts
353 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote: its same thing with motorcycles, your not suppose to shift going through intersection but if you have a 250cc/300cc bike than you better be shifting fast when you take off.
lol what? really? shit 99% of the time I'm already in 3rd gear by the end of the intersection.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9604 posts
8178 upvotes
Kitchener
fromage wrote: lol what? really? shit 99% of the time I'm already in 3rd gear by the end of the intersection.
That's a no-no, you should be in 1st gear until you get through the intersection.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2452 posts
1963 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
fromage wrote: lol what? really? shit 99% of the time I'm already in 3rd gear by the end of the intersection.
What?! At what RPM are you changing gears?
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
KevinM56081 wrote: And what city did you test in....
Did the test at the Etobicoke center, supposed to have the highest failure rates in the province (going by what's on passdrivetest.net). Couldn't find any place else because everything is booked up till the end of time.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: May be there's a back log and he doesn't want you to come back. :D

Side question... should insurance company be in charge of handing out DLs?
Haha maybe. Dunno about the second question lol
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17299 posts
15115 upvotes
GTA, ON
TheLegend28 wrote: Not too comfortable sharing, but I'll say somewhere in the GTA.

Why is this thread so hostile to such a simple question?
Because one has to wonder if there are certain testing centres in certain cities that might be too lenient. It's no secret that statistically, some cities have worse drivers. There has got to be a correlation somewhere.

I'm not saying that you're a bad driver, but your OP basically asking the question if you should have failed based on the number of negative checked boxes that appear to be over the pass the limit.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I'm not saying that you're a bad driver, but your OP basically asking the question if you should have failed based on the number of negative checked boxes that appear to be over the pass the limit.
Didn't see this edit, yeah that was my entire question lol

So it should have technically been a fail?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17299 posts
15115 upvotes
GTA, ON
TheLegend28 wrote: That's fair I guess, seems to me that the places with highest failure rates have the worse drivers (ex: Brampton failure rates are high).
Which comes back to are they going to another testing centre where the examiners are easier and passing these obviously shit driver, or is it a more problematic issue where people are buying their licences, which comes back to which driving center is passing them.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Which comes back to are they going to another testing centre where the examiners are easier and passing these obviously shit driver, or is it a more problematic issue where people are buying their licences, which comes back to which driving center is passing them.
Yeah I can definitely see how they're effectively buying the license by going to an easier location.

FWIW, my friend went to one of the easiest test centres (up north) and failed, and he was a better driver than me at test time AFAIK.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1152 posts
1524 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Congrats OP! Examiner woke up at the right side of the bed!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
TheLegend28 wrote: Did the test at the Etobicoke center, supposed to have the highest failure rates in the province (going by what's on passdrivetest.net). Couldn't find any place else because everything is booked up till the end of time.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5196 posts
4949 upvotes
GTA
CuriousJack wrote: Congrats OP! Examiner woke up at the right side of the bed!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
More like he was still sleeping when marking the exam.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13450 posts
7708 upvotes
This lacks context. 13 checks out of how many points? The percentage makes a big difference, does it not?

13 wrong out of 30, is pretty bad while 13 wrong out of 500 could be considered pretty good.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: This lacks context. 13 checks out of how many points? The percentage makes a big difference, does it not?

13 wrong out of 30, is pretty bad while 13 wrong out of 500 could be considered pretty good.
I think technically there are 350 or so checkable boxes, but in the thread I linked in the OP it says that 20 points off is a fail and one ticked box is 2 points off.
Aug 5, 2007
400 posts
353 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: What?! At what RPM are you changing gears?
3000-4000rpm on my z900rs, probably going 50-60kmh by the end of the intersection.
Rob_EV wrote: That's a no-no, you should be in 1st gear until you get through the intersection.
I'd be 3/4 the way to redline in that case. Shifting is an automatism for me, 99% of the time i do it without the clutch and never had an issue in 15 years of riding.

[edit] even in my wrx, i'm typically at least 2nd gear by the end of the intersection going 40kmh, unless I'm punishing Mustangs and crap.
Last edited by fromage on Aug 24th, 2021 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17189 posts
7065 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The road tests are a joke.... That's why we have so many bad drivers.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9604 posts
8178 upvotes
Kitchener
fromage wrote: even in my wrx, i'm typically at least 2nd gear by the end of the intersection going 40kmh, unless I'm punishing Mustangs and crap.
Yup, they would definitely ding you for shifting through an intersection on a road test (not enough to fail you on it's own).
[OP]
Jan 21, 2020
63 posts
27 upvotes
geokilla wrote: The road tests are a joke.... That's why we have so many bad drivers.
race me in gran turismo bro i have an s license there i will destroy you
Aug 5, 2007
400 posts
353 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: Yup, they would definitely ding you for shifting through an intersection on a road test (not enough to fail you on it's own).
I guess for the car license. I know for the motorcycle license they don’t care about it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)