• Feb 18th, 2021 5:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3169 posts
1051 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

Got a parking ticket with the wrong address

I recently received a municipal parking ticket in Mississauga, but the officer made a mistake and wrote down the wrong street name on the ticket. I've also got dashcam footage of him giving the ticket as proof of where the car was parked at that time.

Can I get the ticket thrown away if I point this out in court? I've read about how tickets for moving violations can get thrown away if there's a mistake on the ticket, so I'm wondering if the same applies for parking tickets.
<removed>
6 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4103 posts
4234 upvotes
GTA
They actually have to pay you now.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13872 posts
8937 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Does it have your plate correct?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3169 posts
1051 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Does it have your plate correct?
Yes.

Also I just found out that an incorrect address is grounds for ticket cancellation in Toronto, but still not sure about Mississauga.
<removed>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6065 posts
2407 upvotes
West GTEH!
dc200 wrote: I recently received a municipal parking ticket in Mississauga, but the officer made a mistake and wrote down the wrong street name on the ticket. I've also got dashcam footage of him giving the ticket as proof of where the car was parked at that time.

Can I get the ticket thrown away if I point this out in court? I've read about how tickets for moving violations can get thrown away if there's a mistake on the ticket, so I'm wondering if the same applies for parking tickets.
It's worth a shot to fight it in court and get your ticket thrown out on the address mistake. And you have Dashcam video of where you're parked.
😎