Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Gover

Govee Immersion TV LED Backlights with Camera, RGBIC Ambient Wi-Fi TV Backlights - $64.6/$84.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 9:50 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2205 posts
1124 upvotes

Govee Immersion TV LED Backlights with Camera, RGBIC Ambient Wi-Fi TV Backlights - $64.6/$84.99

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Gover
Not ATL for 55-66", but matches ATL for 75-85" last year. Not as low as the BOGO offer during Canada Day, but now you don't need to buy two. I got one for one of my tv last year and was amazed with the results. So got another one for another tv.

Use coupons code CA-GOVEE15 for additional 15% off (credit: @ZHU). Free shipping. Register for the reimbursable return program at PayPal then pay with PayPal if in doubt/want to return.

55-65 / $64.60 after 15%
https://ca.govee.com/products/immersion-tv-backlights?variant=40556081709262

75-85 / $84.99 after 15%
https://ca.govee.com/products/immersion-tv-backlights?variant=40556081742030

With the DreamView T1 TV Backlights, your gaming world and movie nights will never be the same. Enhance your home entertainment with splashes of vibrant colors dancing around your TV, mimicking what's on-screen.

• RGBIC Colored Lighting
• ColorSense 1080p HD Camera
• Voice + App Control
• 12 Scene Modes
• Music Mode

• DreamView Experience: Our 1080p intelligent camera captures the color on screen and automatically applies it to your Govee TV backlights. Higher resolution with more accurate color recognition. ( Notice: The camera is only used to capture the color onscreen, it cannot be used for projection or audio.)
• Voice Control: Manage your LED lights for TV with simple voice commands, via Alexa and Google Assistant, or with the Govee Home app. Enjoy access to more colors and features like Timer, Video, DIY, and Music mode, helping you create the viewing and gaming experience you need.
• Dynamic Light Effects: RGBIC technology allows to customize each govee led strip light segment and display multiple colors simultaneously. With 99+ scene modes and 2 video modes, your gaming & viewing experience will never be the same. You can also save other people's DIY Styles from the Govee Light Studio.
• Enhanced Music Mode: The control box of the TV LED lights is equipped with a built-in mic, helping you sync them to music. Choose from 4 modes (Energic, Rhythm, Spectrum, Rolling) and jazz up your parties and games with vibrantly dancing colors.
• Install with Ease: The camera can be attached to the center top of your TV. With clips and adhesives, the 12.5FT gaming led strip lights made up of 4 pieces can be installed firmly on all 4 sides of any 55-65 in TV. Each side is connected via a flexible cable.
Last edited by manho on Jul 6th, 2022 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Oct 30, 2017
633 posts
643 upvotes
London, ON
Does anyone know how is this powered? My current LED strip is plugged into the TV's USB port so it turns on when I turn on the TV, not sure if I want to get one that needs to be turned on separately from the TV every time.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Apr 15, 2012
457 posts
765 upvotes
775681 wrote: Does anyone know how is this powered? My current LED strip is plugged into the TV's USB port so it turns on when I turn on the TV, not sure if I want to get one that needs to be turned on separately from the TV every time.
It's got its own power adapter. Not powered by USB. I use one of those energy saving power bars where the tv light is controlled by the tv
Jun 20, 2009
979 posts
1207 upvotes
edmonton
775681 wrote: Does anyone know how is this powered? My current LED strip is plugged into the TV's USB port so it turns on when I turn on the TV, not sure if I want to get one that needs to be turned on separately from the TV every time.
My Sony USB port does not automatically power this off when I turn off my TV. I had to plug this into a wifi outlet block and set an automation with the Sony TV to turn on the lights or turn off whenever the tv is turned on or off. This can be done through HomeKit or whatever platform you use.

Also, these lights work amazing.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
It's separate. I did an automation using home assistant. I works great.
Jun 11, 2015
512 posts
719 upvotes
Montreal
Good price but I can’t stand the Camera.
Aug 11, 2010
56 posts
223 upvotes
Winnipeg
Try GOVEE8 for $8 off. With the smaller one, it is just a touch more of a discount than the 10% off code. Takes it to $67.99.
Jul 4, 2013
492 posts
155 upvotes
I have a 100 inch screen. Hopefully I can make the 75-85 work
Jan 12, 2004
150 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Use code CA-GOVEE15 for 15% off
Dec 12, 2012
483 posts
812 upvotes
Canada
I have this unit and at first I couldn't stand the camera, after few weeks it feels as if it isn't there anymore.

APP and product itself work great, they keep adding features through firmware updates.
Aug 11, 2010
56 posts
223 upvotes
Winnipeg
ZHU wrote: Use code CA-GOVEE15 for 15% off
Thanks. Went back and changed my order for the 15% code.
Nov 9, 2021
196 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I own this product, and i would not recommend it. The camera could not properly capture all four corners of my (55") TV and on top of this the color reproduction sucks. I wanted to return it but after contacting customer support they refunded me and let me keep it. Now I just use it as ambient light but never use the screen capture/reproduction feature.

I own a bunch of smart/colored lights of multiple brands and Philips Hue are by far the best, but they come at a premium. I'm willing to bet that their TV lights are far better, the downside (a part from high price) is that the sync box doesn't yet support HDMI2.1 for 4K120Hz... Soon hopefully.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I wonder how long until TVs will be sold with this feature built-in as standard.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
BenjMcWenj wrote: I own this product, and i would not recommend it. The camera could not properly capture all four corners of my (55") TV and on top of this the color reproduction sucks. I wanted to return it but after contacting customer support they refunded me and let me keep it. Now I just use it as ambient light but never use the screen capture/reproduction feature.

I own a bunch of smart/colored lights of multiple brands and Philips Hue are by far the best, but they come at a premium. I'm willing to bet that their TV lights are far better, the downside (a part from high price) is that the sync box doesn't yet support HDMI2.1 for 4K120Hz... Soon hopefully.
I don't know

It's reasonable to assume that when a 4k120 box comes for the Huge it will probably be $400 for the box alone

doesn't seem like a fair comparison to a $65 all in kit
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
I highly recommend this, luckily my TV sits above a black console by a few inches so I can just rest my camera on it pointed up (the app lets you flip and place on top or bottom of TV) so it's not really and eye sore because it just blends in.

Depending what you watch it may or may not be good. For example it's likely the worst with hockey due to the white ice, but basketball looks great. Lightning in movie scenes is pretty cool as you get a nice lightning like effect in your room while watching too.

For home automation enthusiasts, there is a home assistant and homekit integration. Some current limitations exist due to cloud API (cannot set custom scenes from home assistant) but Govee is releasing a local API shortly which should hopefully remove that limitation. I use this to turn it on and off automatically with the TV. I have another one to turn it on for goals during hockey games and use a preselected scene that flashes the team colours around the strip in a circular animation when my team scores. It's like a goal light on steroids Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/g ... 228516/840
Cucumference wrote: Very interesting, What was the ATL for the 55-65"?
I paid 59.49 plus tax during the Black Friday sale, there is an expired thread on RFD for it.
Last edited by TheGoodDealer on Jul 6th, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm tempted by this each time it comes up. I don't know why, but every time I see the camera mounted on the top I always think of this:

download.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
OP_rah wrote: I have this unit and at first I couldn't stand the camera, after few weeks it feels as if it isn't there anymore.

APP and product itself work great, they keep adding features through firmware updates.
I still wish for an hdmi version though. Got that spare port on my amp just waiting to go...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)