Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Gozney

Roccbox Pizza Oven+ turning peel + cover [$599 CAD]

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 4:11 pm
35 replies
Member
Oct 16, 2008
442 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I emailed them to confirm duty and taxes and they said it ships from a Canadian warehouse. Ended up buying it yesterday as I've been eyeing it for the last half of this year.
Member
Oct 16, 2008
442 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I went with the Gozney because I primarily wanted propane but would like the option of wood. With the Karu I'd have to buy the gas addon (~$130) and I would be missing out on the extra's provided by Gozney.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3129 posts
6369 upvotes
dannyphones wrote: This or Ooni Karu for $469?
Guess you also have to add $100 if you want the wood burning option

https://williamsfoodequipment.com/ooni- ... n-uup0a100
The Koda 12 was $224 USD at Bloomingdales yesterday. When I saw the CAD pricing I got mad that we aren't getting the same kind of deals.

Edit: the Frya @$379 seems like a good price https://www.nellaonline.com/products/oo ... 2886193270
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1873 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Or maybe I’ll be responsible and get a do-joe instead heh

The Ooni’s all seem to be back ordered too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
Koda 16 is where its at. Once you go gas u can't go back. Wood fired for short neopolitan cooks don't really take on any wood flavor so I traded that for convenience and not having to deal with charcoal/wood/soot clean up.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2004
4839 posts
913 upvotes
I was deciding between this and the Koda. I ended up with the Koda as I got it for around $300.

I've been using it weekly for the past few months. I've noticed the last few weeks that it doesn't work nearly as well anymore with the outdoor temp dropping to around 0.

It makes awesome pizza. I'm sure this Gozney will be awesome too!
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1511 posts
1330 upvotes
VANCOUVER
djmr2 wrote: Koda 16 is where its at. Once you go gas u can't go back. Wood fired for short neopolitan cooks don't really take on any wood flavor so I traded that for convenience and not having to deal with charcoal/wood/soot clean up.
What is the benefit of the 16 vs 13 if all you're going to do is smaller pizzas for the family.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
b31770 wrote: What is the benefit of the 16 vs 13 if all you're going to do is smaller pizzas for the family.
Making a larger pizza is much easier, L shaped burner on the side, and you can convert the 16 to Natural Gas.

I got it mostly for the nat gas hookup but I wouldn't want a smaller oven after the fact.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Member
Mar 20, 2005
450 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
bluetroll wrote: I was deciding between this and the Koda. I ended up with the Koda as I got it for around $300.

I've been using it weekly for the past few months. I've noticed the last few weeks that it doesn't work nearly as well anymore with the outdoor temp dropping to around 0.

It makes awesome pizza. I'm sure this Gozney will be awesome too!
Wow, where did you score it for $300?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
1617 posts
661 upvotes
YVR
bluetroll wrote: I was deciding between this and the Koda. I ended up with the Koda as I got it for around $300.

I've been using it weekly for the past few months. I've noticed the last few weeks that it doesn't work nearly as well anymore with the outdoor temp dropping to around 0.

It makes awesome pizza. I'm sure this Gozney will be awesome too!
craigslist? wow what a deal
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2004
4839 posts
913 upvotes
Triple_Eh wrote: Wow, where did you score it for $300?
Charles wrote: craigslist? wow what a deal
I ordered it from Chapters. I believe I bought it during a 20% or 25% off sale. There was 10% back in Rakuten on top of that too.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Member
User avatar
May 22, 2015
274 posts
166 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Is there anything with natural gas and wood burning?

Would be nice to have both options. Too bad roccbox doesn't do natural gas or have option. Tried looking for convert hack on Google didn't find anything substantial.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2218 posts
2916 upvotes
GTA
phillipsbluebuck wrote: Is there anything with natural gas and wood burning?

Would be nice to have both options. Too bad roccbox doesn't do natural gas or have option. Tried looking for convert hack on Google didn't find anything substantial.
Find an old school gas appliance technician who works on commercial ranges; they know the tricks to convert and can do it properly/safely.
Member
User avatar
May 22, 2015
274 posts
166 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
karlb wrote: Find an old school gas appliance technician who works on commercial ranges; they know the tricks to convert and can do it properly/safely.
Yah I've seen converting grills and what drill bit required to drill out the orifice but there's like no info on this pizza oven. Was hoping someone did the hard work for me lol
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2218 posts
2916 upvotes
GTA
phillipsbluebuck wrote: Yah I've seen converting grills and what drill bit required to drill out the orifice but there's like no info on this pizza oven. Was hoping someone did the hard work for me lol
hint: it goes by BTU. If you don't know how to do this properly and safely, please don't try.
You will also need the adjust the air shutter properly.
For NG -> LPG, you need new orifices.
Member
User avatar
May 22, 2015
274 posts
166 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
karlb wrote: hint: it goes by BTU. If you don't know how to do this properly and safely, please don't try.
You will also need the adjust the air shutter properly.
For NG -> LPG, you need new orifices.
But what's the fun in that haha when you can half ass it and save a few bucks. True redflagdeals way lol
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1323 posts
1991 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: The Koda 12 was $224 USD at Bloomingdales yesterday. When I saw the CAD pricing I got mad that we aren't getting the same kind of deals.

Edit: the Frya @$379 seems like a good price https://www.nellaonline.com/products/oo ... 2886193270
Seems that Fyra has sold well, it's OOS at several etailers. Nella shows backordered until Feb 2021. $379 seems like a standard price around the web. Eg. https://dicksonbbq.com/collections/ooni ... pizza-oven
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29924 posts
10643 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Not super hot, but ...
Max temperature: 932F. Cooks pizza in 60s.

Seems pretty darn hot to me ;)

Top