Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GP Tactical

DMPS AR15 $579.99 16"

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2018 10:28 am
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3971 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
That's not how it works. A bad shot often results in the animal bolting. Imagine being slapped with a 2x4 in the ribs. What would your reaction be? Bend? Run? A semi-auto is a piss poor response to piss poor hunting.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3971 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
bomber17 wrote: Watch the next argument be, why do you have to go hunting then?
The next argument is, learn how to hunt with a hunting rifle. not a Lego rifle.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
MrFrugal1 wrote: That's not how it works. A bad shot often results in the animal bolting. Imagine being slapped with a 2x4 in the ribs. What would your reaction be? Bend? Run? A semi-auto is a piss poor response to piss poor hunting.
Sure? If you had a bolt action in this scenario and only by yourself, pretty sure you'll be scared shitless.

Nov 25, 2017
11 posts
30 upvotes
xman1111 wrote: I personally think the current government are crazy and i wouldn't trust them with ANYTHING.
I'll take people who I don't want owning a gun for $500 Alex.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1605 posts
95 upvotes
Thornhill
gostinger wrote:
  1. t6
Natural rights lmao thats actually hilarious but still enlighten me and others as to why any person needs this.
Please stop trolling, this is a good deal, nothing wrong with owning firearms, it's no different than owning any other sporting/hobby goods.
Nov 23, 2017
417 posts
378 upvotes
Why anyone wants or needs this rifle is none of your business. It’s legal. If you don’t like guns don’t open the threads advertising deals on guns. Pretty simple.
Images
  • 0E79E7B6-0B6A-435D-80A2-25CC9E7000BA.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
Link is dead....
CHIA
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: So, from a hunting standpoint, what is the point of a semi-auto rifle?
You can spray and pray at a deer/moose if you like to spend six hours bushwhacking, only to find that the coyotes are better trackers than you,
Semi auto hunting rifles aren't common but they do have their uses.

One was posted here in hot deals:
cabelas-cabelas-benelli-r1-semi-30-06-h ... #p29735407

Recoil reduction is a common selling feature for hunting semi-autos. You'll notice that this particular rifle is chambered in powerful cartridges. Smaller individuals hunting big game would benefit from this.

A faster 2nd shot is always a benefit. Contrary to your claim, a faster 2nd shot can result in a greater chance that the animal is recovered quickly and easily.

When hunting in bear territory, faster followup shots increase survival chances if you encounter a grizzly.

You mentioned rifles, but semi-auto shotguns are extremely popular for hunting ducks and geese. They come in as a flock, so having 3 shots in rapid succession can considerably improve your harvest.

And this isn't hunting, but a light (Mini 14, AR15, etc,) semi-auto is popular for predator control among ranchers and farmers. Wolves and coyotes hunt in packs, so there's pretty obvious benefits there if someone needed to defend livestock.

Of course, there are downsides, so it's up to an individual to assess his needs. But you're simply wrong in your implication that semi-autos don't have a place in hunting.
Apr 23, 2016
717 posts
960 upvotes
Kelowna
MrFrugal1 wrote: THAT rifle, as I stated, has zero purpose other than to kill humans. The high end automobile versus gun argument is a false equivalence.
It's not a false equivalence. Saying an ar15's only purpose is to kill is like saying a Ferrari's only purpose is to drive 200mph.

Sure, it can do that, but chances are the owner never will and can still enjoy it for the other things that it can do.
Apr 23, 2016
717 posts
960 upvotes
Kelowna
redblack wrote: This is a great first rifle.
I disagree. 5.56/.223 is expensive to shoot. My first and only rifle is a 5.56 and I'm now planning on buying a .22 now just so I can practice without spending $40 everytime I take it out.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2390 posts
5616 upvotes
gostinger wrote: At least a vehicle has a purpose. So what is the purpose of owning this let alone any gun?
My purpose of owning them is to enjoy shooting targets as a sport, just like someone would with golf clubs, baseball bats and race cars; i guess you don't see a purpose in owning one of those either.

None of my guns has ever been used to harm anyone or any living creature, nor do I ever intend to.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3971 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
devil2k wrote: My purpose of owning them is to enjoy shooting targets as a sport, just like someone would with golf clubs, baseball bats and race cars; i guess you don't see a purpose in owning one of those either.

None of my guns has ever been used to harm anyone or any living creature, nor do I ever intend to.
Archery.