Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GPBIKES

GPBIKES Pop-up Clearance Online 40-60% 0ff

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 7:58 pm
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9046 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
free shipping on orders over $49 fyi
Jul 2, 2014
491 posts
168 upvotes
Maple, ON
Compare prices at Fortnine. These MSRP's are largely inflated. I usually don't shop for bike gear but when I saw these sales, I thought they were amazing until I checked other places.

Im still debating whether I wanna go leathers or textile this summer to commute 65 kms one way for work. Leathers look good to complete thay sportbike look but its hot as heck to be wearing. Textiles is okay but it doesn't look as nice as leathers.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Comical wrote: Compare prices at Fortnine. These MSRP's are largely inflated. I usually don't shop for bike gear but when I saw these sales, I thought they were amazing until I checked other places.

Im still debating whether I wanna go leathers or textile this summer to commute 65 kms one way for work. Leathers look good to complete thay sportbike look but its hot as heck to be wearing. Textiles is okay but it doesn't look as nice as leathers.
During peak summer, you'd regret wearing leather, even if perforated. In stop and go traffic, it would feel like you're on fire. Speaking from experience.

Mesh/textile blend works best in summers. Alpinestars viper air jacket is what I use during summer. And a leather jacket during the colder fall and spring months.
Jul 2, 2014
491 posts
168 upvotes
Maple, ON
I'll definitely check that out. I have a weird athletic body so a lot of clothes don't fit me well. I have an Icon 1000 Oildale jacket which fits awesome on my shoulders but is loose in the waist. If I were to crash I don't think the armor on my back would even be in the right spot as it can move left and right.
Aug 18, 2009
450 posts
218 upvotes
Barrie
+1 for motorcycle post. GP bikes customer service has been great with the couple of products I've bought there.

Agree with carmageddon, I have both leathers and textiles depending on weather. Oddly enough the leathers are more comfortable to ride in but on those scorching days textile is mandatory.
Aug 18, 2009
450 posts
218 upvotes
Barrie
Comical wrote: I'll definitely check that out. I have a weird athletic body so a lot of clothes don't fit me well. I have an Icon 1000 Oildale jacket which fits awesome on my shoulders but is loose in the waist. If I were to crash I don't think the armor on my back would even be in the right spot as it can move left and right.
Have you tried some of the alpinestar leathers? Before I switched bikes I had a gp pro leather jacket that was a really good fit for an athletic type.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
carmageddon wrote: During peak summer, you'd regret wearing leather, even if perforated. In stop and go traffic, it would feel like you're on fire. Speaking from experience.

Mesh/textile blend works best in summers. Alpinestars viper air jacket is what I use during summer. And a leather jacket during the colder fall and spring months.
+1 for both leather and mesh. I use a Roland Sands leather and Tourmaster Draft Air 3 for mesh. The Draft Air 3 is very comfortable and although I haven't tested it, it feels quite protective. I have kevlar jeans for the hot and Icon Citadel overpants for the cold.
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
Anyone have recommendations for a cheap helmet to use on my 3min commute to the gym in the evening?
It’s a back road and it’s empty so safety is not a top concern. Face/hair get a little damp/sweaty and I don’t shower until I get home, so less contact with the face is better. Just curious what everyone else is doing here, or if it’s a fool’s errand.
Aug 16, 2010
459 posts
549 upvotes
Vancouver
Time to use those gc I bought over christmas
Mar 13, 2017
41 posts
31 upvotes
Don't forget to use code Christmas1 for additional 15% off till Feb 29th.
Jan 19, 2007
728 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
Dealshark3 wrote: Anyone have recommendations for a cheap helmet to use on my 3min commute to the gym in the evening?
It’s a back road and it’s empty so safety is not a top concern. Face/hair get a little damp/sweaty and I don’t shower until I get home, so less contact with the face is better. Just curious what everyone else is doing here, or if it’s a fool’s errand.
For intermediate oval head, I think hjc cl17 or similar is good.
Ticks the protection boxes, decent airflow without breaking the bank. Only thing is you should wear ear plugs while riding because it can get loud

Bell and Scorpion make good entry level helmets too I find. Like sub 200
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: Anyone have recommendations for a cheap helmet to use on my 3min commute to the gym in the evening?
Cheap helmet that fits properly will be much better than expensive one that doesnt fit or is too big. If you dont know what shape of head you have and what makes and models fit, it is impossible for us to tell you want to get. You need to go into a store and try a bunhc on and get them properly fitted. I would say that more than 50% of riders wear a helmet that is a size or 2 too big for them, so fit and sizing is paramount for keeping your noggin safe in case of an accident.